Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sasuke-kunxp

1,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:35 pm
I haven"t met any boy that's hated twilight all the ones I know like the book and one(or more not sure) can't wait for the next movie.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:13 pm
I think that guys dont like twilight or the book series because Edward and Jacob are set up to look like "perfect" guys, and i think (no offence) that some of them are a little jelous. its mostly younger guys (20 and younger) that dont like the movie or the books. i had one of my guy friends that said he didnt like the books, and then i told him he should read them, he did, and now he likes the series... so guys before you wanna judge a book because the vampires sparkle, dont have fangs, can come out in the sunlight, that crosses, holy water, garlic cant hurt them. read the books. please =D  

pixiemystic

Hilarious Genius

4,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Seren_Recomora

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:51 pm
It mainly just depends on what the guy is like.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:10 pm
I had a bunch of guys at my school who never read reading Twilight and were on the waiting list for the others. My old School library has never had a waiting list before never!  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Angels_can_fly2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:55 pm
User Image
I think a lot of them are a little jealous, or are just really sick of hearing about it. I think personally, that if the situation were switched, and there was a book out there that was about the "perfect" girl, and all the guys did was talk about how awesome it would be to have her as a girlfriend, I think girls would be really fed up with it a lot sooner than the guys got sick of hearing about Twilight. I don't know, though...
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:33 pm
I do think that guys don't like Twilight because it is indeed from a girl's perspective. and well some of my male firnds say that they aren't "interested" in vampires and crap like that. Some girls...I repeat some say that they are jealous of Edward Cullen and so and so.

If guys were to like Twilight and all the series then, the book would have been written in third person point of veiw. Like maybe...Edward's point of view. that kinda thing. And it's true that guys just hate twilight...Everytime I say the word..they'd like try to kill me. Apparently it bugs the crap out of them xp

Ish Wicky

Angelheart1700

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:05 pm
I can relate to books from male perspective. If it's a poorly written book,(I'm not saying Twilight is) then I don't expect either gender to relate to it. But if it's a good book in female perspective, guys should at least try.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:17 pm
Mmmm I don't know because my husband has read the book and he said he liked it. His friends (whom are also guys) like the book as well. Maybe it's just that the ones who aren't used to reading books or don't have an open mind about a book don't like it. As far as I know, my husband and his friends had an open mind about the series (however, his friends and I read the books before the movie franchise) and once they finished reading it they liked it. So maybe it's just the fact that guys (now that the whole movie has come out) are assuming that it's a girly book and look at it as a bad thing because of the romance and whatnot.

Basically, most of the guys nowadays, since the movie has come out, assume the worst about the series and have already put these negative thoughts about it, that once they go and read the book throughout the whole time they can't deal with it and end up hating it.  

La Beaute

Tsopi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:30 am
I totally like Twilight and I think that many guys don't like it because its a romantic novel and they think it's gay...
Well...I'm a guy and Im not gay...
Also like others said it is from a girl's point of view and that makes things...girlier...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:10 pm
My guy friends say it's cheesy, that the characters suck, the storyline is stupid, etc.
And, they hate how the vampires sparkle. Like, absolutely hate it.

My ex-girlfriend introduced me to Twilight. Even made me this account. I really loved it, myself.  

IM EDWARD CULLEN FEGGIT

the house of gaunt

Fashionable Flatterer

10,700 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hero 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:14 pm
Because most guys expect the girls to have some high expectations on men now. Most guys I know don't date Twilight fangirls because they just drone on over the books and Edward and all his sparkles.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:44 pm
The books are based on a lot of drama and romance...I think one thing that gets to a lot of guys is the fact that if they have a gf who's reading the books, they might try to compare them to a perfect guy (might I add that there really isn't). The reason I like the books is that there's a lot of action and drama. mrgreen  

rock_greenday_lover

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:56 am
Maybe because guys can tell that it's a mediocre turned crappy series of fanfictions that somehow got passed off as novels. Hell if I actually know, most of my guy friends hate the book, one of them because I told him that he shouldn't bother reading the books, and the other two just hate it because it's bad. My best friend has read the series, and he thought it was okay, but he's far from the "OMG I LUVZ TEH TWILIGHT" frenzy that most fangirls descend into.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:29 pm
I have a buddy who loves twilight - in fact, he is gay.

Though there could be closeted straight boys who like twilight in our school - I would never know. sweatdrop  

Rachel Berry

WineChan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:26 am
ha, well I just just a chatterbox forum, and I just saw a new twilight fan-and it was a guy.

I think that if they took the time to read it, then they will enjoy it. Because of all the "girly fans" they look at reading the book as an "insult to their manliness." quote from a real guy stare  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff