Aging Gracefully Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you fear aging?
  I never really thought about it...
  Just a little, maybe.
  Not so much aging as running out of time.
  I fear aging more than death.
  I'm going to be such a cool elder! Rocking the silver hair, knowing more than anyone...
  Definate yes! I'm going to try to die young.
View Results

broken_joker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:30 pm
Death of Cool
broken_joker
The Goth Apple
broken_joker
Some may not agree, but I say for 36 Dani Filth still manages to look pretty damn good. I think he actually looks better now than he did 5, if not 10, years ago.
He may be as attractive as he was five or ten years ago, but my eyes are still bugging out of my head at the suggestion that thirty-six is old.
Compared to the average age of the current goth scene (which I'm guessing is most likely around 16), I'd say that he's no spring chicken. But yeah, he is still pretty young in the big picture of life.

I have met only a handful of people under 20 that are into legitimate goth. I'm guessing the average age is probably more like mid to late 20's. Of course I'm not including the Hot Topic kids who throw on a black shirt and some eye liner, listen to MCR and call themselves goth. There is no scenario in which they count.
Hot topic? What the hell is that?

I'm on about the UK scene. Average is probably about 16 to 18 for when we stop being annoying little mini moshers and considered true goths...so long as we mature and have been atleast partly involved with the local scene for around 2 or 3 years in one way or another. By that point we've usually found roughly what we are because we've left school and are in college where we start thinking for ourselves.

Like I'm not considered your usual goth, but because it's the group I tend to associate most with I'm still considered by some as goth - even though I don't dress it 90% of the time, especially in the summer...you probably wouldn't be able to tell if you walked past me in the street that I was even remotely involved with the whole alt. scene.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:56 pm
Of the goths that I've met, and I do live in a much different area than you, clearly, the average is at least twenty-five, and usually older. Alot of the goths I know don't consider that anyone younger than twenty could possibly be a real goth.

Whether or not these people are pretentious bastards is not the point.

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

soul_weaver17

10,600 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Medalist 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:05 pm
I have no intention of aging at all. haha  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:54 pm
Infection XIII
For some reason, Dinah Cancer comes to mind...

Then again, I practically worship the woman.

Yes! She seriously looks great for her age. Still sounds good,too.

Gitane Demone looks okay,too.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

MediaclCunt

MediaclCunt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:55 pm
The Goth Apple
Of the goths that I've met, and I do live in a much different area than you, clearly, the average is at least twenty-five, and usually older. Alot of the goths I know don't consider that anyone younger than twenty could possibly be a real goth.

Whether or not these people are pretentious bastards is not the point.

Haha. Yup.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:58 pm
broken_joker
Death of Cool
broken_joker
The Goth Apple
broken_joker
Some may not agree, but I say for 36 Dani Filth still manages to look pretty damn good. I think he actually looks better now than he did 5, if not 10, years ago.
He may be as attractive as he was five or ten years ago, but my eyes are still bugging out of my head at the suggestion that thirty-six is old.
Compared to the average age of the current goth scene (which I'm guessing is most likely around 16), I'd say that he's no spring chicken. But yeah, he is still pretty young in the big picture of life.

I have met only a handful of people under 20 that are into legitimate goth. I'm guessing the average age is probably more like mid to late 20's. Of course I'm not including the Hot Topic kids who throw on a black shirt and some eye liner, listen to MCR and call themselves goth. There is no scenario in which they count.

It looks a tad different now,though, because of Emo/Scene/Hipsters,though, now being in.  

MediaclCunt

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:26 am
MediaclCunt
broken_joker
Death of Cool
broken_joker
The Goth Apple
broken_joker

Even easier to describe it, its the Abercrombie of Alt. Culture.... in other words, shitty clothes that cost more then they are worth.

Its also owned by the GAP  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:25 am
Rellik San
MediaclCunt
broken_joker
Death of Cool
broken_joker

Even easier to describe it, its the Abercrombie of Alt. Culture.... in other words, shitty clothes that cost more then they are worth.

Pretty much it in a nutshell.

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:11 am
Infection XIII
Rellik San
MediaclCunt
broken_joker
Death of Cool
broken_joker

Yah, don't waste your time worrying about it. Really.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:49 pm
XWraith_LordX
Infection XIII
Rellik San
MediaclCunt
broken_joker

Yah, don't waste your time worrying about it. Really.

I just like reminding so called "individuals" who shop there, they are really wearing the same stuff, just with a different slogan printed on it as those so called "preppies" they hate. Give me a gig t-shirt, a £5 black shirt, camo pants and my converse knock offs anyday. smile Sure my outfit costs less then a single top from hot topic and my wardrobe my consist purely of that same outfit repeated 20 times over.... but at the end of the day, at least I ain't a mug. smile  

Rellik San
Crew

Death of Cool

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:30 pm
Rellik San

No, it isn't.
It is an independent, publicly traded company. The only other brand under it's corporate umbrella is Torrid. It is not, and has never been owned by the Gap.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:34 am
Death of Cool
Rellik San

No, it isn't.
It is an independent, publicly traded company. The only other brand under it's corporate umbrella is Torrid. It is not, and has never been owned by the Gap.

ok, so it's not owned by Gap......

so lets just agree that it's the Gap equivalent of a clothing store...ok?

20 years ago, Hot topic was a really good store.....now....it's just pop coture and retro baggage at hugely inflated prices.

and yes Dinah Cancer looks absolutley fab for her age....  

Keevan Draco

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:51 am
Eh. I keep hearing different stories about Hot Topic's ownership, don't care enough to research.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:04 am
MediaclCunt
Infection XIII
For some reason, Dinah Cancer comes to mind...

Then again, I practically worship the woman.

Yes! She seriously looks great for her age. Still sounds good,too.

Gitane Demone looks okay,too.

I agree she doesn't look thatbad... in fact i think she looks great!  

Sautana

Draco Vampir

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:20 pm
Rellik San
I have no intention of ageing gracefully.

Mainly because I'm already physically aged beyond my years... mentally, more of an elastic band scale between acting 8 and 80.

That's pretty much me too.
However, I'll probably age well physically. My mother and birthfather both have aged fairly well, as have most of my blood relatives.

On the note of old goths aging, has anyone seen recent photos of Johnny Slut from Specimen? Dude still looks like he's in his 20s!  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff