Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Rain Magic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:15 pm
Artistic Genocide
That was my first option to begin with. xD Did you guys think i meant a spell like- "RAIN! RAIN NOWZ! I COMMANDZ YOU TO RAIN!"
I didn't mean like that.xD When i probably should have said ritual instead, But i would never screw with the wheather like that. I Meant do a spell/ritual/etc. to get the god(s)/Goddess(es) attention and ask for rain.xD
Probably should have clarified that.
my bad, guys.>_>'

LOL it's okay; thanks for clarifying!
I really thought you had meant you'd do a spell to make/demand rain xd
Indeed; it would be a good idea to petition your respective gods and see what happens from there.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:09 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
Artistic Genocide
That was my first option to begin with. xD Did you guys think i meant a spell like- "RAIN! RAIN NOWZ! I COMMANDZ YOU TO RAIN!"
I didn't mean like that.xD When i probably should have said ritual instead, But i would never screw with the wheather like that. I Meant do a spell/ritual/etc. to get the god(s)/Goddess(es) attention and ask for rain.xD
my bad, guys.>_>'

Indeed; it would be a good idea to petition your respective gods and see what happens from there.

No problem.xD
As far as I'm concerned, you can't make/demand the weather to do anything. Well, you can demand, but that doesn't mean you'll get it. they could be like..."Screw you!" and do the opposite of what you want.xD
And I think I'll do that tonight.^_^  

Artistic Genocide

SADERR

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:20 pm
Artistic Genocide
Violet Song jat Shariff
Artistic Genocide
my bad, guys.>_>'

No problem.xD
As far as I'm concerned, you can't make/demand the weather to do anything. Well, you can demand, but that doesn't mean you'll get it. they could be like..."Screw you!" and do the opposite of what you want.xD
And I think I'll do that tonight.^_^

Why do i highly doubt the god and goddess look upon us in a time of need (or any time for that matter), point at someone wishing for something and yell "SCREW YOU!". I mean, we all wake up on the wrong side of the bed, but as a diety, I think you have to put that aside. Though, I think if I was a god I'd have to do it once or twice, just for kicks.
And it sound slike it's getting serious. Very sorry about your kitten.
Best of luck with the ritual. I think a rain stick would be very nice. I don't
know if they're expensive, but they are typically a tube of wood that has many bead like things inside. when turned from one side to another, it makes a rain sound. Just as a creative spasm of thought, that may be interesting to try it with.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:05 pm
Jonathonn
Why do i highly doubt the god and goddess look upon us in a time of need (or any time for that matter), point at someone wishing for something and yell "SCREW YOU!". I mean, we all wake up on the wrong side of the bed, but as a diety, I think you have to put that aside. Though, I think if I was a god I'd have to do it once or twice, just for kicks.
And it sound slike it's getting serious. Very sorry about your kitten.
Best of luck with the ritual. I think a rain stick would be very nice. I don't
know if they're expensive, but they are typically a tube of wood that has many bead like things inside. when turned from one side to another, it makes a rain sound. Just as a creative spasm of thought, that may be interesting to try it with.

Have you ever read though the various myths/lore associated with some of the Gods. Seriously, they are just as petty as the rest of us sometimes.

I think the point she was trying to make was that, if said God or Goddess already had other plans for the weather (or had some other "grand design") they would just ignore her request. Besides, if I were to call on some random God or Goddess (that I didn't have any type of relationship with) and ask for a bit of help with the weather, I can clearly see them not helping me. I mean yeah...you can knock on a strangers door and ask for a cup of sugar, but they don't have to give it to you (or even open the door to find out what you want). wink  

ncsweet
Crew

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:31 pm
Jonathonn

What if said deities put us in a position of need to teach us a lesson or make us grow?
How do you suppose people grow without being challenged or made to struggle through something?  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games