Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you...?
  Homosexual
  Heterosexual
  Bisexual
  Other (And no, I'm not talking about goats)
View Results

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:04 pm
Siofra Da`Halbria
I tend to notice that if my religion comes up at school, people tend to think I'm a lesbian.

*growls thinking back to 9th grade* You remember those jerks in Geometry class Jameta? I just wanted to kill them. They acted like girls can't hug and just be friends. Gawd. And how they laughed when the Power Ranger got hit by that car and got amnesia. I was trying so hard not to hurt them. I practically had to hold T.V. Dinner back.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:09 pm
Leith

There's nothing wron with a good orgy. It keeps popel involved in their spirituality. Oh, tonight's the full moon... Lovely timing there. And seeing how I won't be able to sleep anyway...

Now all I need is a nice clearing in a wood, and about 50 gallons of ceremonial wine...

xd

Woohoo! Orgy! *ducks and runs*

I'm heterosexual, nothing to do with my own spirituality, just personal preference. Experimenting might be fun. O.o (Ah, College.)

Re: your second comment... talking out of one's a** is fun. It should be done more often. xd  

Keistera

Leith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:56 pm
Keistera
Leith

There's nothing wron with a good orgy. It keeps popel involved in their spirituality. Oh, tonight's the full moon... Lovely timing there. And seeing how I won't be able to sleep anyway...

Now all I need is a nice clearing in a wood, and about 50 gallons of ceremonial wine...

xd

Woohoo! Orgy! *ducks and runs*

I'm heterosexual, nothing to do with my own spirituality, just personal preference. Experimenting might be fun. O.o (Ah, College.)

Re: your second comment... talking out of one's a** is fun. It should be done more often. xd

Ah, yes college. I will have much fun there. Everything within walking distance, bars, tats... Oh, and the fact thatI'll have 6 years to act immature and be deviant! Gotta love that Master's degree! By the time I graduate, I'll have spent approx. 1/4 of my life in there! All I have to do is survive 6 more months of my irritating job...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:39 pm
Siofra Da`Halbria
Siofra Da`Halbria
I tend to notice that if my religion comes up at school, people tend to think I'm a lesbian.

*growls thinking back to 9th grade* You remember those jerks in Geometry class Jameta? I just wanted to kill them. They acted like girls can't hug and just be friends. Gawd. And how they laughed when the Power Ranger got hit by that car and got amnesia. I was trying so hard not to hurt them. I practically had to hold T.V. Dinner back.

I've kissed a good female friend of mind; probably would do it again. I consider myself bicurious, or whatever. No big deal.  

Jameta
Captain

Leith

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:12 pm
Jameta
Siofra Da`Halbria
Siofra Da`Halbria

I've kissed a good female friend of mind; probably would do it again. I consider myself bicurious, or whatever. No big deal.

Same here. My best friend once kissed the top of my head. Addmitedly we were high on good holiday cheer, and a wee bit tipsy, but whatever. I'm mostly straight, with a few execptions. Such as Jhonny Depp...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:30 pm
I'm just heterosexual. And slightly offended by that claim that gay men are naturally more in-tune with the spiritual world than straight. I am perfectly at peace with my female side, but seeing as I am male, it would make sense that my male side is more dominant. A gay male is in no way automatically more in tune with his feminine side, unless the whole essence of femininity is boiled down to an attraction to men.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:58 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
A gay male is in no way automatically more in tune with his feminine side, unless the whole essence of femininity is boiled down to an attraction to men.

You've got a point, there.^_^ I've seen gay men who acted very feminine, and gay men who acted very butch. In the case of the latter, not only does the person in question have a very masculine personality- he's also exclusively attracted to other men! I could see an argument for saying that someone with this sort of personality and preferences might actually have an even greater challenge ahead of him insofaras an appreciation of the "feminine" goes.^_^

Of course in the final analysis it all boils down to individual traits and talents.^_^ But I can also see the argument for those traditional cultures who view gay- and especially transgendered- people as having a certain quality which shakes them out of the molds created by the more "mainstream" society (for lack of a better term^_^), thus making it easier for them to cross over other boundaries. Perhaps it's not so much an issue of "feminine" vs. "masculine," as "thinking outside the box."

Now of course this doesn't mean that straight people can't be spiritually enlightened or that anyone else automatically is- I wouldn't buy that, and I don't think that these traditional tribes would, either. It takes hard work any way you look at it. I think that they perceive a potential, though, and- this is all theoretical musing here, folks- that they recognize this trait as something which predisposes a person to bring a more open mind to their training- possibly moreso than someone whose life up until that point had been relatively "normal." And it seems to work for them.^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:46 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
I'm just heterosexual. And slightly offended by that claim that gay men are naturally more in-tune with the spiritual world than straight. I am perfectly at peace with my female side, but seeing as I am male, it would make sense that my male side is more dominant. A gay male is in no way automatically more in tune with his feminine side, unless the whole essence of femininity is boiled down to an attraction to men.

Get over it man. I neither claimed that, nor care that you are offended. I am simply stating a beleif that one group has in hopes that it would open an interesting discussion. Which has yet to happen.  

Leith

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:25 am
Leith
Nihilistic Seraph

Get over it man. I neither claimed that, nor care that you are offended. I am simply stating a beleif that one group has in hopes that it would open an interesting discussion. Which has yet to happen.
Oh, you wish to debate do you? Fine, and shall re-state my above statement in debate style.

In no way does sexual orientation aid or abbet ones spirituality. To say that a male being attracted to another male aids them in connecting to their female side is a ridiculous claim as the essence of femininity can never be reduced to simply something sexual. And that is if we wish to define gender roles. Could you not say that the common view of what masculinity and femininity constitues in paganism is sexist? Are all men supposed to connect with active elements of fire and air, while women aer supposed to connect to the "female" elements of the passive earth and water?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:41 pm
Leith

Part of a discussion is in constructively and intelligently exploring many different approaches to a given subject. In respect to that goal, everyone here is entitled to their views. Seraph raised a very good point, and he doesn't need to just "get over it." If you don't agree, then perhaps you could explain why?

I've noticed a few occasions now where you've taken personal offense when someone's opinion differed from your own. And honestly, that concerns me- because you seem to be getting very angry and I can't even see what's provoking you. sad It makes me wonder if there's something else which is the matter?

As far as this thread goes, we've been hearing many things from many people on this subject, and I personally have found several of these posts to be interesting. Perhaps the reason why you haven't been enjoying it is because you've automatically rejected anything which doesn't agree with your original view, and interpretted it as an attack? No one is questioning your personal worth or intelligence here, we're just having a discussion on the subject which you've brought up for discussion.^_^ Perhaps it would help to take a step back and figure out why you're getting so upset?^_^  

WebenBanu

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:49 pm
Or in other words, are you here for an interesting discussion, or are you here to hear people tell you you're right?

And, so I don't sound so nasty, I'll elaborate on my first post. I know you didn't put forth that claim, but seeing as this is a discussion style thread, I figured that stating an opinion coupled with an emotion might be a good post.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:44 am
Nihilistic Seraph
Leith
Nihilistic Seraph

Oh, you wish to debate do you? Fine, and shall re-state my above statement in debate style.

In no way does sexual orientation aid or abbet ones spirituality. To say that a male being attracted to another male aids them in connecting to their female side is a ridiculous claim as the essence of femininity can never be reduced to simply something sexual. And that is if we wish to define gender roles. Could you not say that the common view of what masculinity and femininity constitues in paganism is sexist? Are all men supposed to connect with active elements of fire and air, while women aer supposed to connect to the "female" elements of the passive earth and water?

Very good! I was hoping somone would do more than state their orientation, and say it has noithing to do with things. I'm not sure that I would say that the fire-male water-female ideas are sexist. I think they assigned a sex to an element that has traits usually shown in male vs. female. For example, men tend to be more violent, so they chose fire to be male. But other aspects are, definitly!

For example, wicca is very female-oriented. There isn't much room, it seems, for guys in it. I'm not saying that a guy can't be a wiccan, but it definitly leans more twords the girls. I had a long discussion about this with a good girl friend of mine. According to her take, women are in charge (I got no problems there) and men just do their bidding... I don't know about you, but there should at least be a FEW things guys are assigned to do.

And for the record, I do not think that orientation has anything to do with how spiritual someone is. Though you gotta admit, it's an interesting theory about why this country is in so much trouble.

Leith

Leith

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:51 am
WebenBanu

Part of a discussion is in constructively and intelligently exploring many different approaches to a given subject. In respect to that goal, everyone here is entitled to their views. Seraph raised a very good point, and he doesn't need to just "get over it." If you don't agree, then perhaps you could explain why?

I've noticed a few occasions now where you've taken personal offense when someone's opinion differed from your own. And honestly, that concerns me- because you seem to be getting very angry and I can't even see what's provoking you. sad It makes me wonder if there's something else which is the matter?

As far as this thread goes, we've been hearing many things from many people on this subject, and I personally have found several of these posts to be interesting. Perhaps the reason why you haven't been enjoying it is because you've automatically rejected anything which doesn't agree with your original view, and interpretted it as an attack? No one is questioning your personal worth or intelligence here, we're just having a discussion on the subject which you've brought up for discussion.^_^ Perhaps it would help to take a step back and figure out why you're getting so upset?^_^

Read back. At what point do I take personal offense? Quote it. And as for telling him to get over it, I was A. Trying to get him roused enough to enter a larger message about his beleifs. and B. Tired of pagans allways telling me that some little comment I made 'offended' them. I getoffended on a regular basis, but I don't b***h. That's life. People need more of a sense of humor!
blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:32 pm
Leith
Read back. At what point do I take personal offense? Quote it.

I'll be happy to help you out- but I'll take it to private messaging. I don't think there's any reason to reiterate these conversations here.  

WebenBanu

Leith

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:53 pm
Wow... Banu, that was quite an intersting PM. It might have been a bit more so if you hadn't taken things out of context, and seriously misenterpreted most of it. I must admit, you did your research... though you also came really close to acting like a stalker. I'd watch for that in the future. Remember: Everything with humor love, otherwise the beauty of life fades.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff