Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply -•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-
-- Colour-Coded -- {Post-Apocalyptic}-{REBIRTH} Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Returning? New? Specating?
Returned!
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
I'm new here...
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
I'm just watching.
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
I just like gold. :D
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:23 pm

She was still standing there, waiting. It had occured to her that maybe it would take a person a few minutes to answer the... button. She just didn't like standing out in the open like she was, it made her uneasy. Though she hadn't yet seen any infected, it wouldn't be long before she did. Since they had shown up, she hadn't gone more than a day without seeing at least one. And it had been about twenty-three hours since the last zombie-monster had been sighted.

"Did you ring the doorbell miss?"

Kaslin cursed and reacted violently. It was only the fact that he was out of her arm's reach that saved his head from being bashed in by her baseball bat. It took her brain a moment to catch up with her instincts and to realize that no, infected didn't speak. But there he was, speaking. And he didn't look desceased. She swung her bat back on her shoulders and turned to face him squarely, taking a step back.

"Who are you?" she asked warily. He was the first living thing she'd seen in a long while, and had trained herself to respond, not to stop and ask questions, and this talking, even though it was barely a few words, was enough to put her on guard.

[I'm using Kaslin, not Ophelia (: ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:39 am
Marilla let out a long, drawn-out sigh. She brushed some loose strands out of her face and forced herself to stand up slowly. She swung her head left to right, right to left, looking around herself wearily. The food court she was in was deserted and had a spooky air to it. She did not feel hunger; she had stopped feeling hunger ever since she got infected. However, Marilla knew that she should be getting food at some point; after all, food and water was necessary for life. Marilla still got thirsty. She swallowed her saliva in her mouth, and felt her dry throat.

"Ugh..." she muttered. "I wish I had some water...I really do wish that..."

Then, Marilla suddenly staggered back, tripping over who-knows-what and falling to the ground. "AHH!" she screamed. a glowing, warm light appeared. Marilla squinted her eyes, and then realized it was a strange white serpent...that could fly. Its tail was coiled tightly in the shape of a bowl... and there was water? Yes, there was water in that scaly bowl. The serpent brought its tail to Marilla's lips and she opened her mouth, letting the cool liquid seep down her throat. It tasted just like regular spring water. She smiled, and thanked the serpent warmly, and then it disappeared. "Well, that snake was less scary than the others..." she concluded.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:43 am
[OOC] Nurr. [/OOC]

Virgil wasn't surprised when a baseball bat swung at him. In self defense, he raised the hand with the guitar in it. The baseball bat wasn't within smacking distance of him until he put his hand in the way. Which, of course, led to the hand being whacked. Virgil swore under his breath <> before picking up his just-dropped weapon.

"Who are you?"

The girl spoke back. Now would definitely not be the time for any sort of hallucinations. She asked first, and besides, it's polite for the gentleman to introduce himself first...so he was told. "Me? My name's Virgil. I'm just a survivor here looking for a nice place to stay, and maybe a few others to help. I see you found my button of sanctuary. Who are you?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:49 pm
((Writers' Block.....))  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:46 pm

Kaslin stared at him for a long moment, eyes taking in every detail. This was crazy, there was a normal person standing in front of her! It couldn't be possible. She shifted subtlely and looked around. Things still looked as sad and full of dispair as before. So maybe it was real. She twitched her mouth in to what might be called a small, very tiny, smile.

"Me? My name's Virgil. I'm just a survivor here looking for a nice place to stay, and maybe a few others to help. I see you found my button of sanctuary. Who are you?"

"Button of Sanctuary?" She held back a snort, that was both funny and comforting at the same time. She took a moment to compose herself. "I'm sorry. I'm Kaslin, but most people, I mean, uh, I go by Kass." Most people were gone, and it was hard to remind herself that, but she had to. "You designed this?" she asked, referring to the whole mural/button/music thing. It was impressive.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:30 am
[OOC]Otu, you don't HAVE to reply to everyone's post. razz [/OOC]

Kaslin introduced her self, which finally proved that he wasn't hallucinating, if only the fact that he'd never heard of someone named that before. Which was a very welcoming sign indeed, much more so than anything he could have painted on his soon-to-be-doorstep. Despite the growing bruise on his knuckles, he smiled greatly. Besides, he found a nice friendly girl to be with. Which Virgil would tell you would rock.

"You designed this?"

Bringing him out of Ga-ga land and back to the slightly less bleak world of reality, the question poised to him was about his rather odd setup of stuff. "Yeah, it was me," he explained, without even looking at his handiwork, "I used to be a mechanic, so getting a button to push another button to give me a signal on this was nothing. As for the mural, it was a minutes' worth of spraypainting and one can. The music was just rigged out of the front office. I think they used to play music here at one point. I didn't much agree with the pop crap they were playing, so I plugged in my iPod, and used the little juice it had to give us all something a little more atmospheric."

As if on cue, the iPod switched songs, going to the opening lyrics of "Mr. Fancy Pants" by Jonathon Coulton, but then the batteries on the iPod died, leaving the town in silence again. tabernac it took me two weeks to find a power source for it last time it died. Virgil thought to himself, but what he said aloud was, "That's depressing. I liked that song...wanna come inside instead Kass?"

[EDIT OOC] HAHAHAHA, I pressed Submit instead of preview. Go me! [/EDIT OOC]  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:13 pm
((I know, especially if no one's replied to your post. Just relax.))  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:04 pm
((Okay; I'll just wait patiently. XD))  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

-•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items