what's it mean to rly be a neko? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

firetiger42
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:15 pm
A werecat isn't just a neko part-time, at least not the definition of it that I use for my role play character. To me, werecats look like a cross between a cat and human. They're covered in fur, with the ears and tail of a cat. They walk on just the toes, or front part, of their back feet. They don't have hair on their heads. Their hands and feet have pads, like cats' paws, and retractable claws. What makes them werecats is the ability to change to cat-form (and back again) whenever they wish.

And I can go into way more detail about how werecats look, if anybody even cares to know. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:51 am
Ayanami Rei First Child
I think it differs depending on what form you take it to.

There's a difference between being a Fan, A Furry, a Nekomimi (catperson), or just having it as a philosophy/way of life. As a fan of Nekomimis and as someone who feels more like a Nekomimi herself...it's more about cuteness and my affinity to cats. More of the house cat variety, along with the various traits we both share.

Now if you asked someone who was merely a fan, but didn't feel like they were a nekomimi, you would get something different. Just as a Furry would probably say something very different as well.

u got me agreeing  

irontower

Angel Marie Luna

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:42 pm
according to some of my friends i'm to much like a cat in rl they tell me i just need ears and a tail and i'm all set  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:40 am
Marie should get some! 4laugh  

Rei Hino-chan
Captain

firetiger42
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:47 pm
I want some too but my parents won't let me wear cat ears and a tail... at least they said no for in school, but maybe somewhere else... ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:23 am
What's it mean to be a neko, nyao? Hmm, how about:
You randomly end sentences with "nyao".
You get chased out of the fishmonger at Seattle's Pike Place Market for trying to catch the fish that the workers there throw. (Hasn't happened to me... yet. >-_^<)
You simply cannot ever get enough milk.
You're easily distracted when your roomie throws a paper ball at the trashcan. (Nope, never happened to me either, nyao. Nuh-uh. {looking innocent})
You fight your IRL pet cat over catnip mice, nyao.
You love to be petted, stroked, or cuddled with.
You purr when someone scratches you under the chin (I do, nyao!) or behind the ear.

And the most obvious sign:
Quote:

Are you blind when you're born?
Can you see in the dark.
Can it be said of your bite
That it's worse than your bark?

That you can quote parts of certain T.S. Eliot poems or the lyrics of a certain Broadway musical from memory, nyao!  

Kitirena

Feline Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100

Kitirena

Feline Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:38 am
Crystal Void
There may be different views but I see neco as the name of a race (cat people). Some are only visibly distinguishable from humans by ears and tail and some are more cat like. Necos I believe are faster, far more agile, and maby a bit stronger then humans

If there are different views please say so

Well, according to my understanding, nyao,
Mekomusume, or "cat daughters", are cats with the power to assume human form, or the offspring of human/cat matings. According to the folktales I've heard, a nekomusume will always give herself away by her feline mannerisms, such as chasing mice, purring when her hair is stroked, or curling up into a ball when sleeping.

Nekomimi, or "cat-ears", are usually normal girls (or boys) with cat ears, cat tails, and sometimes the stereotypical "catty" smile: 3nodding The style developed in anime as a visual "shorthand" to indicate extreme cuteness (like Hikaru in CLAMP's Magic Knights Rayearth) or being up to no good or mischievous, and has since developed into its own style of artwork, thus:
User Image

Werecats, according to folklore, are humans who change into great cats (panthers, tigers, puma, lions, etc.) or even smaller cats (bobcats, lynxes, housecats, servals, etc.) either during the full moon or under certain circumstances. The easiest way to determine if someone is one of this type of werecat is if their eyes reflect light at night like a cat's.

Other variations on the theme include Mithra from Final Fantasy XI:
User Image
feline anthropomorphics, etc.

As a race, I would say that a cat-person ("nekojin"?) would have higher agility and coordination than a normal human, exceptional night vision, incredible balance, and the ability to jump like a magical girl (think Sailor Moon, etc.), and possibly retractable claws (my alter-ego Kitirena has a set of cat claws under her fingernails, in fact) and vertically slitted pupils, nyao. Needless to say, the cat ears and tail are a must, but the facial features can range from fully catlike face (like many cat people), through partially feline (like FF11's Mithra), to fully human (the typical nekomimi). Catlike mannerisms are definitely a must IMHO, nyao.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:02 pm
Well in any case imaginable,some people have actually went through procedures in real life to become a cat.
When i get the money,i am getting a cat tail attached to me and cat ears too.
But the thing i really want is the eyes like a cat.  

Chance Wolf

Rei Hino-chan
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:17 am
having a cat tail surgically attached ish not possible ninja rei already looked into it whee  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:13 am
I have observed that sometimes people/characters one would not normally identify as an actual 'neko' have neko qualities. Like Mihoshi from Tenchi Muyo!, or Ayla from Chrono Trigger...

'Neko', like many things, I guess, is in the eye of the beholder. Just make sure you have a full party when you meet one, because Beholders are absolute BUGGERS to kill. Too many eyes.... =@.@=  

Arkanik

Beloved Heckler

8,450 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100

firetiger42
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:54 pm
You could just make and sew cat tails on all your pants. X3  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:42 am
Rei Hino-chan
having a cat tail surgically attached ish not possible ninja rei already looked into it whee

Ohh,well i can just attach one that's home made on my pants then like firetiger42 suggested.
But i can still have the ears and eyes.
Btw,thanks for the info. =^_^=  

Chance Wolf

Angel Marie Luna

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:02 pm
i has ears and a tail^^ one of my friends bough them for me^^ oh and it comes with a very smexy outfit^^  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:58 pm
Marie Saiyuki
i has ears and a tail^^ one of my friends bough them for me^^ oh and it comes with a very smexy outfit^^

Well you must just show us some lovely pictures of you in them! heart  

Ayanami Rei First Child
Crew

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Rei Hino-chan
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:41 am
Ayanami Rei First Child
Marie Saiyuki

Well you must just show us some lovely pictures of you in them! heart
yeshyesh! piccies! 4laugh  
The Guild For Nekos and Those Who Love Them

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas