Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OO23OO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:15 pm
Horrified Survivor
OO23OO
Does anyone know the tattoo policy?
Can't be racist, gang-related, or visible in Class A uniform. Hidden under PT uniform is better, though.
So keep it to a half sleeve for now. Gotcha.

All of my tattoos are, for the most part, hidden by my work polo (The bottom of the hockey mask pokes out a little) so I should be all right.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:20 pm
I'm sure someone's already told you, but: anything a recruiter promises you, get it in writing. They'll promise anything short of super powers to get you in.  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:38 am
Barru
Fresnel
Have you put any thought into the blue branches? Not only are you guaranteed not to be frontline infantry, but you'll get a better education and it's almost certain you will never get shot at. Also, the Air Force has awesome mess halls.

I think I know why they have awesome mess halls.
Because that's where they spend most of their time.
BOOYAH!

Ah... seriously, how often do you get set up for something like that?
It's because they can justify it. Whenever a ground-pounder finishes a mission, he crawls back into a hole and eats an MRE. Whenever a pilot finishes a mission, he flies back to base and eats at the mess hall. Also, the Air Force has more support than combat, so most people don't even GET missions.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:16 am
Fresnel
Barru
Fresnel
Have you put any thought into the blue branches? Not only are you guaranteed not to be frontline infantry, but you'll get a better education and it's almost certain you will never get shot at. Also, the Air Force has awesome mess halls.

I think I know why they have awesome mess halls.
Because that's where they spend most of their time.
BOOYAH!

Ah... seriously, how often do you get set up for something like that?
It's because they can justify it. Whenever a ground-pounder finishes a mission, he crawls back into a hole and eats an MRE. Whenever a pilot finishes a mission, he flies back to base and eats at the mess hall. Also, the Air Force has more support than combat, so most people don't even GET missions.

Ah... balls.  

Barru

Shadow Deadeye

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:55 am
You should go for security forces in the airforce, that would help you with your plans for law enforcement when you get out.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:26 am
Shadow Deadeye
You should go for security forces in the airforce, that would help you with your plans for law enforcement when you get out.
No. Unless Law Enforcement to you is rent-a-cop, SecFor isn't quite gonna cut it. They're much less respected than any other branches MP.  

Tier One OPERATOR

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:01 am
Horrified Survivor
Shadow Deadeye
No. Unless Law Enforcement to you is rent-a-cop, SecFor isn't quite gonna cut it. They're much less respected than any other branches MP.
Even Navy MPs?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:09 am
Fresnel
Horrified Survivor
Shadow Deadeye
Even Navy MPs?

yeah  

Twisted_Lover21

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200

Krilliad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:50 am
Well what's cool about the army is you sign a contract to do what you want to do and they can't make you do anything in another field.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:19 pm
Battlefield Reaper
Well what's cool about the army is you sign a contract to do what you want to do and they can't make you do anything in another field.

I've heard that your contract also holds the clause of if they need you an another service or job they will place you in that field.  

yoshiko sama

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:07 pm
I would advise against it. The government is trying to cheat veterans out of their benefits, retirement, and all that stuff. If they don't want to give you the respect and benefits you deserve for putting your life on the line for them then they don't deserve your service.

When my grandpa was in they pulled some teeth that shouldn't have been pulled. When he returned to civilian life he found out they didn't need to be removed and all he needed was confirmation from the military or some such s**t and the government would have taken care of the problem. Mysteriously all his records were lost in a fire. He was even cheated out of rank. He was a corporal who was holding down a staff sergeants job. He took all the testing required and was promised a promotion. For several years he held down the job without being given the rank or the pay for his work. When his enlistment was up they wanted him to keep with them, but he had to go over seas to Germany. Since he was still a corporal and not a sergeant he would have been forced to leave his wife and sons in America so he didn't renew his enlistment. When it came time to sign his discharge papers he was given a regular discharge when he was entitled to an honorable discharge which would have cheated him out of all kinds of benefits. When he demanded he be given honorable discharge papers to sign they finally gave him his honorable discharge, but only at the rank of PFC so he pretty much had a sergeants responsibilities with a privates benefits.

I've heard similar complaints from other veterans. This country obviously does not care about the members of the military so they don't deserve to have a military full of good competent people.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:37 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
I would advise against it. The government is trying to cheat veterans out of their benefits, retirement, and all that stuff. If they don't want to give you the respect and benefits you deserve for putting your life on the line for them then they don't deserve your service.

When my grandpa was in they pulled some teeth that shouldn't have been pulled. When he returned to civilian life he found out they didn't need to be removed and all he needed was confirmation from the military or some such s**t and the government would have taken care of the problem. Mysteriously all his records were lost in a fire. He was even cheated out of rank. He was a corporal who was holding down a staff sergeants job. He took all the testing required and was promised a promotion. For several years he held down the job without being given the rank or the pay for his work. When his enlistment was up they wanted him to keep with them, but he had to go over seas to Germany. Since he was still a corporal and not a sergeant he would have been forced to leave his wife and sons in America so he didn't renew his enlistment. When it came time to sign his discharge papers he was given a regular discharge when he was entitled to an honorable discharge which would have cheated him out of all kinds of benefits. When he demanded he be given honorable discharge papers to sign they finally gave him his honorable discharge, but only at the rank of PFC so he pretty much had a sergeants responsibilities with a privates benefits.

I've heard similar complaints from other veterans. This country obviously does not care about the members of the military so they don't deserve to have a military full of good competent people.
Good point. An acquaintance of mine got similarly screwed over. He did his four years in the service, and his enlistment bonus was extra pay. He got several thousand dollars marked "extra". He finished up, got his honorable discharge, and immediately re-enlisted. His bonus that enlistment was college tuition. Three years into his four, he was dishonorably discharged for being SUSPECTED of a felony, and they demanded all the 'extra' pay from his first enlistment. He told them '******** you, I was honorably discharged'. Last I heard, IIRC, he had to pay it all back.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:39 pm
That kind of crap is the 2nd reason I won't enlist 1st reason being that the military is very stressful and I snap under even just a little stress.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:27 pm
yoshiko sama
Battlefield Reaper

I've heard that your contract also holds the clause of if they need you an another service or job they will place you in that field.
Not true.  

Krilliad

Tier One OPERATOR

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:49 pm
yoshiko sama
Battlefield Reaper

If you fail to meet the standards of the job you tried for, then yes the will.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff