Bit Rushed? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Half-Blood Prince a rushed book?
  Yes, that's what I felt
  Kind of, but I think that's cuz I read it too fast >_<
  Nope; it was just as good as the rest of 'em!!
  GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!!!! >:D
View Results

covo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:06 am
Caligula_Demon~Apothecary
I didn't think it was rushed at all. The climax with the cave and the lightning struck tower was near perfection in my opinion, a great buildup before it as well. Snape and the running through the grounds of Hogwarts was a great falling action from the climax as well. All the details before it were fine as well. In terms of length, the fifth was far too extraneous and had much that was rather unnecessary.
Well I'm glad to see that at least one person thinks the same way I do.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:45 pm
I am re reading it again wishin there was info. Man.  

PantheaMarlon

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Supergirl126

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:57 am
covo
I didn't think it was rushed, I thought it was the best book so far.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:07 am
I thought it was a bit rushed but it still was a very good book  

Suzume Inuzuka-Chan

Tree Beatle Maiden

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:21 pm
comfortably_dumb
Noctis_Crucis
RIGHTO! ^

Sometimes I think that us fans do cause a bit of a rush on JK's shoulders, and she tries to get it out as fast as she can to please us....but NOOOOO JK!!!! YOU MUST SPEND TIME WITH YOUR BOOKS!!!!!! crying lol

It just seemed to me, it was a little...."oh" not "OH!" just...."oh...ok then" there really wasn't a large climax, maybe that is what it was. I mean, Dumbledore did go to the cave, but it wasn't a big deal...ya know? Yeah, just a thought

*NC*

stare I highly doubt that she is in her home, sitting in front of her computer and typing out whatever is coming to her head and calling it done just to get it out fast enough for the fans. That seems completely moronic and JK is not a stupid woman. She is not going to release a book unless she is happy with it.

The book was not rushed at all. Just because it didn't have as much in it adventure-wise as the others does not mean that JK rushed to get it done.
I would have to agree with comfortably_dumb. I trust J.K. Rowling to produce quality books in the Harry Potter series, and if this book seemed a bit "rushed" or the climax did not seem "climactic" there is probably a reason for it. You know how J.K.R. takes those small events and turns them into something of greater significance later on. She's an artist, and very good at what she does. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:01 am
I'm not saying the book should be different or anything, nor that it was particularly rushed EXACTLY. I just would have preferred more "extraneous" stuff like in Order of the Phoenix. I mean, in that book, it takes over a hundred pages to just get through the first week of term! But I'm not really complaining, especially since Rowling says the seventh book will most likely be really really long ^_^  

Griselda Banks

xxScribbles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:32 am
Er, no, I didn't find it rushed at all. In fact, I thought the beginning was soooo slow I was about to skip to where Harry came in. =__=; I thought it went at a great pace, and she included just enough information to satisfy her fans, but still keep them on the edge for the last book.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:38 pm
i thought it was perfect and not rushed at all! it is my favorite book so far.  

elfnprincess

Eikothewerewolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:27 am
Mihoriel
comfortably_dumb
Noctis_Crucis
RIGHTO! ^

Sometimes I think that us fans do cause a bit of a rush on JK's shoulders, and she tries to get it out as fast as she can to please us....but NOOOOO JK!!!! YOU MUST SPEND TIME WITH YOUR BOOKS!!!!!! crying lol

It just seemed to me, it was a little...."oh" not "OH!" just...."oh...ok then" there really wasn't a large climax, maybe that is what it was. I mean, Dumbledore did go to the cave, but it wasn't a big deal...ya know? Yeah, just a thought

*NC*

stare I highly doubt that she is in her home, sitting in front of her computer and typing out whatever is coming to her head and calling it done just to get it out fast enough for the fans. That seems completely moronic and JK is not a stupid woman. She is not going to release a book unless she is happy with it.

The book was not rushed at all. Just because it didn't have as much in it adventure-wise as the others does not mean that JK rushed to get it done.

"She is not going to release a book unless she is happy with it."

That summarizes the whole situation concerning both the 5th and 6th books and the reason the date of when the book were coming kept getting pushed back. She needed to fix things with her editor and make it what she wanted. I did feel it was a bit rushed but she has only 7 books to write and she wants to finish the series in that amount of time. She wants to give us a good read for her devoted fans, like us. Plus if we were devoted fans, we would wait because then she would be able to give us a really good good read. It is why we read the Harry Potter books anyway. We want the adventure, the mystery, suspense. It is the whole reason we fall so in love with the characters.

*gets down from soapbox*
Didn't mean to rant....I go now.

3nodding

she has mentioned on her website that she hadnt been that happy with a books ending since POA  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:04 am
Ack.
How many times have you read the book? When I read it for a second time I liked it alot more. Maybe I was just in shock the first time sweatdrop .

xX Kalliandra Mori Xx

dreamr-j

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:07 am
the story and the plot is awesome really.. but it is jaz a little bit rushed.. could be longer..  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:33 pm
i dont think it lacked anything. it was perfect to me.  

soty33

Riku Stratus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:57 pm
I think it brilliant ^__^!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:10 pm
Ummm.... sweatdrop  

MoonyxTonks

shoushirei

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:17 am
From a literary point of view, the sixth book was TERRIBLE.

... I hated it. But I loved it simply because it was ANOTHER BOOK (you know what I'm saying). It's so ironic.

I just felt that JK totally half-assed this book. I think she's losing interest in the HP universe (I would too, if I wrote it!) and therefore didn't put as much as she could've into this book.

And her attempt at adding romance was simply AWFUL. *cringes at "The-Beast-in-Harry's-Stomache"*  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff