Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
PLEASE HELP ME!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should i stay or go?? (read opening post 1st plz)
  Stay
  Go asap
  wait a couple weeks then go
View Results

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:53 pm
then that settles it. move out. why live in a house where your father threatens with abuse?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:55 pm
I'd be very very careful with loans. Many of them are set up so that you will be left paying for it for the rest of the life.

For example, you get a loan with a really low interest rate. Then once you finish, the interest rate climbs so high you can't possibly pay the loan off. You're stuck working to pay off loans for half your life then, maybe longer.

As long as you're careful with loans (and always read the fine print and be aware of loop holes that can be used against you), then they can be helpful.

...I'm with Rainey though. If you can, build up money before moving out....and finish educations and all that good stuff.

Apparently, I've very slow. sweatdrop  

Garek Maxwell

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:56 pm
Hey, no one said it was easy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:02 pm
Heru_Tamago
my father threatens to hit me every time we giht. the most he has efver done tho is grab my throat and pin me against a wall or push me. but he threatens to punch me or sumthin i tell him to grow a pair of balls and do it. he say the only reason he wont is because i am under 18 and he will get arrested 4 it.

I'm pretty certain that IS domestic abuse (child abuse?). There are certain degrees of violence that judges will raise an eyebrow to, and grabbing someone's throat to pin them against the wall is one of those things. He doesn't have to hit you to physically abuse you. It may be hard to prove in a court case only because of a lack of bruising or other evidence if this happened a while back, but don't stick around trying to get some if this is how he's acting towards you.  

Garek Maxwell

Aijo_Iceblood

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:05 pm
i have a savings account but it is more like my checking because i need to be 18 to get checking lol. i am tryin to save money but is tough. the only reason i put up with my dad is because i know tht if it came down to it i would f*** him up. his threats are empty and that of a coward. but i still need to get out. i might wait till monday or tuesday to decide but no later than thursday, my next day off after monday.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:12 pm
Garek Maxwell
Heru_Tamago
my father threatens to hit me every time we giht. the most he has efver done tho is grab my throat and pin me against a wall or push me. but he threatens to punch me or sumthin i tell him to grow a pair of balls and do it. he say the only reason he wont is because i am under 18 and he will get arrested 4 it.

I'm pretty certain that IS domestic abuse (child abuse?). There are certain degrees of violence that judges will raise an eyebrow to, and grabbing someone's throat to pin them against the wall is one of those things. He doesn't have to hit you to physically abuse you. It may be hard to prove in a court case only because of a lack of bruising or other evidence if this happened a while back, but don't stick around trying to get some if this is how he's acting towards you.

yeah...tht happened about 6 or 7 months ago so no marks. but still scars from were my nail cut ny hand from clenched fists, tryin not to swing lol.  

Aijo_Iceblood

Jungle Boots

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:28 pm
Garek Maxwell
I'd be very very careful with loans. Many of them are set up so that you will be left paying for it for the rest of the life.

For example, you get a loan with a really low interest rate. Then once you finish, the interest rate climbs so high you can't possibly pay the loan off. You're stuck working to pay off loans for half your life then, maybe longer.

As long as you're careful with loans (and always read the fine print and be aware of loop holes that can be used against you), then they can be helpful.

...I'm with Rainey though. If you can, build up money before moving out....and finish educations and all that good stuff.

loans for a school whose tuition is 300+ a semester wont be nearly that bad.

ill have about 70grand of debt when im out of school and im fairly confident that i can pay that off without much trouble.

btw... even if you are 18 your pops can still get arrested for hitting you. battery no matter the age of the victem is without a doubt is still incredibly illegal.

you can also fill out fafsa yourself you know, you just have your parents provide their tax info for you... or file your fafsa and your taxes as an independant. and that will ******** them over with that "i want to keep you home so we can get a tax break for it" bull s**t.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:37 am
Jungle Boots
Garek Maxwell

ill have about 70grand of debt when im out of school and im fairly confident that i can pay that off without much trouble.

btw... even if you are 18 your pops can still get arrested for hitting you. battery no matter the age of the victem is without a doubt is still incredibly illegal.

you can also fill out fafsa yourself you know, you just have your parents provide their tax info for you... or file your fafsa and your taxes as an independant. and that will ******** them over with that "i want to keep you home so we can get a tax break for it" bull s**t.
Unless there's a way around it that I don't know about, if you don't fit VERY specific requirements, according to the FAFSA you're dependent on your parents until you're 25. In which case he'll still need their info to go through with that.

I'd say make as much peace with your folks as you can, and remind them that as your parents they should at LEAST submit any financial information you might need them to to help you get started on getting the grants you'll need for school. Whether they contribute a dime or not is up to them, but I've been away from my folks for about 6 years now, financially on my own...but I still need their tax info to get ANYTHING from the FAFSA.  

Manda_Tifa

Jungle Boots

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:54 am
Manda_Tifa
Jungle Boots
Garek Maxwell

Unless there's a way around it that I don't know about, if you don't fit VERY specific requirements, according to the FAFSA you're dependent on your parents until you're 25. In which case he'll still need their info to go through with that.

I'd say make as much peace with your folks as you can, and remind them that as your parents they should at LEAST submit any financial information you might need them to to help you get started on getting the grants you'll need for school. Whether they contribute a dime or not is up to them, but I've been away from my folks for about 6 years now, financially on my own...but I still need their tax info to get ANYTHING from the FAFSA.

no... you can definately apply for FAFSA as an independant... if the IRS accepts you as an independant, then FAFSA will as well. though i think being underage could complicate that. but infact you are more likely to get the aid if you are independant. you still may need your parents info though, and if they dont provide that info then you can probably get the courts to force them to

first order of business would be getting a better job though. one that at least pays 8 + an hour, close to full time.

also i would apply to as much financial aid as you can. go to your schools financial services office and find out where to look for that.

But if that sounds like too much. tough it and stick with the parents.

im not going to say stay or go but just be ready to deal with either one depending on your decission. just dont give up college cause you cant figure out how to get things straight. and definately dont leave because you dont get along with your dad. take a step back and look at what it is in your home life that is really that bad and decide if its not something that can be corrected.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:02 am
woah this is a toughie...

on one hand, free college, but abuse and fights
on the other hand, free living with your girlfriend, but you have to pay for college.

now the choice is easy from the point of where you should live. because of course you shouldn't be in an environment where you have to put up with any kind of stress and abuse. thats just not a place to be if your trying to learn and get through college
the only thing is the finances, i personally would prefer to live on my own and get myself through what ever i need to do. and im talking from experience as the son of a raging alcoholic.

now i haven't really gotten my foot on how your school systems work, but is it possible to wait a year or two with college? cause then you could take a year off, get a job and save up for college. if you haven't aired that idea yet i think you should at least take it into consideration smile  

Paw The Wiruz

Aijo_Iceblood

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:39 pm
i was gonna wait 4 school but i cant. i am movin to florida in 2.5 years. i need to have my associates degree by then. i need 2.5 years to get it so as soon as i am done my girlfriend and i are leavin. i want to propose b4 we go tho  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:39 pm
Heru_Tamago
Jungle Boots
Heru_Tamago
i currently work for walmart making 7.90 an hour. so i get about 220 a week. tht will help with gas and insurance and hope fully college. about 375+161+250=786. i need to pay tht next month. then it will just be 536 a month....so basiccaly i am f***ed unless this scholarship kicks in.

everybody works at wallmart... damn...

loans?

i was gonna try student loans and a pell grant but i need FAFSA. my dad and step mom refused to fill it out b4 the deadline.

there is ABSOLUTELY NO deadline for a fafsa. You can file one at any time, but it's just prefered to file one in january.

it's near impossible to file as an indepentant, unless you are/were emacipated, or are married, you are have to have your parents info untill you are 25, regardless of your living or tax status.  

Delynn the fluffy

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:54 pm
I never knew there was a deadline for FAFSA filing, at least on the web.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:44 pm
my old high school guidance counselor said it did. but idk. she messed up alot.  

Aijo_Iceblood

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces