Captain

5,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:23 am
-D---B-
misfit baby
I think it's acceptable by most, the only one's that don't accept it is the ones whom never smoked it or don't smoke it overall. And are brain washed by the media's lies. Which isn't a lot of people nowadays, back than, it was more looked down upon but nowadays it's different.
A lot of people do just use the script just to smoke it, but that's okay. I find nothing wrong with people whom do that, it shouldn't just be used for medicine it should just be overall smoked.
im talking about it being recognized as a complete 100% legit medication like adderall, vics, percs, etc. i can medicate. but i cant medicate AS NEEDED because the general american society is too ******** ignorant to accept the fact that i need it to function. i should be able to medicate as needed just like everyone else with there pill prescriptions.
i dont care that some people get a card just to smoke legal. good for them theyre just trying to stay out of trouble. what bothers me is that average person views a cannabis card as just that. just some card to smoke legal. people hear i have a script and go "oh lucky i wish i was you!!!!" why? because they think i just have it so i can sit around all day and get stoned. and that is why i cannot medicate as needed. im forced to do homestudies because when i go to school my medical script is not taken the slightest bit seriously. even by the teachers and staff working there. you can tell me its accepted by society as medicine all you want, but i know from plenty of personal experiences that it clearly isnt. being called "medical marijuana" doesnt mean anything if thats not how society perceives it as. sadly, the general american society probably wont be able to tell the difference between medicinal and recreational smoking until it becomes legal. and im probably hoping for too much at that.

Can you buy THC pills tho,
couldn't you use those at school.

I would laugh so hard if I saw a baggie of weed in the school clinic.
lol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:05 am
misfit baby
-D---B-
misfit baby
I think it's acceptable by most, the only one's that don't accept it is the ones whom never smoked it or don't smoke it overall. And are brain washed by the media's lies. Which isn't a lot of people nowadays, back than, it was more looked down upon but nowadays it's different.
A lot of people do just use the script just to smoke it, but that's okay. I find nothing wrong with people whom do that, it shouldn't just be used for medicine it should just be overall smoked.
im talking about it being recognized as a complete 100% legit medication like adderall, vics, percs, etc. i can medicate. but i cant medicate AS NEEDED because the general american society is too ******** ignorant to accept the fact that i need it to function. i should be able to medicate as needed just like everyone else with there pill prescriptions.
i dont care that some people get a card just to smoke legal. good for them theyre just trying to stay out of trouble. what bothers me is that average person views a cannabis card as just that. just some card to smoke legal. people hear i have a script and go "oh lucky i wish i was you!!!!" why? because they think i just have it so i can sit around all day and get stoned. and that is why i cannot medicate as needed. im forced to do homestudies because when i go to school my medical script is not taken the slightest bit seriously. even by the teachers and staff working there. you can tell me its accepted by society as medicine all you want, but i know from plenty of personal experiences that it clearly isnt. being called "medical marijuana" doesnt mean anything if thats not how society perceives it as. sadly, the general american society probably wont be able to tell the difference between medicinal and recreational smoking until it becomes legal. and im probably hoping for too much at that.

You should as if you're mad because not everyone is using it for the same reason as you - and it sounds like you're trying to say, it's wrong and you should be special treated for it?
Rather selfish movement, if you ask me.
If a person sees a card to smoke weed legal, let it be. Some people use it for cures, some use it because they like to get high, is that wrong?
Needless, I think weed should be used for all, even those simple little things you are implying you disapprove of.
A lot of people have reasons to use it, needless to say.
I didn't expect this thread to become a thread for a battle, just so you know.
It's /more/ accepted, needless to say - you can tell, if you research and stood top dated to everything going on, you'd understand.
Try this web site: 420.com.
It's pot news, basically.

If you knew how weed was portrayed back in the day and look from nowadays, yeah, total difference.
battle? i thought you made this thread for a discussion. discussions can have more than one side. you dont really understand my point at all though... i clearly stated in my last post that i dont care that other people get a script to smoke legal. i dont think theres anything wrong with recreational smoking. i did it before i actually needed a script. my whole point though is that patients that have there script for legit medical reasons should be able to medicate as needed like anyone else that takes different medications. that only sounds fair right? why should kids with painkillers be able to take their pills whenever they need to but i cant take my medication whenever i need to? if they are in pain at school they can walk down to the nurses office and take it. i should be able to take a couple hits to ease my stomach when im about to puke my guts out at school everyday. i thought this would be an intelligent discussion but you havent really addressed my point at all aside from calling me selfish. i guess im just selfish and want "special treatment" for wanting to supress my symptoms at school like everyone else can with medications. my argument is the limitations medical marijuana has for its patients if you still dont know. it never was "people shouldnt be allowed to smoke to get high".

and im well aware of how it was back in the day. i would be living in a hospital bed the rest of my life if i lived back then. marijuana laws have changed for the better overtime and i know that. im saying they still could be better. you state in your first post that people could get better help. then you call me selfish for wanting that better help. that seems pretty hypocritical to me.

im not mad by the way im sorry if you take it that way. just trying to have a deep discussion.  

-D---B-

-D---B-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:10 am
Ice Cold Faerie
-D---B-
misfit baby

lol
yes but usually only rich people can afford it. dont quote me for the price but i think its around $15 per pill. a months worth of marinol can cost over a grand. marinol would solve my problem though and i wish i could afford it. i understand the whole weed in the office thing though. i should be able to keep it in the trunk of my car for example like normally. i should be able to walk out to it at lunch and take a couple tokes just to ease my stomach but not be all baked u know? supervised or not i wouldnt care i just want to be able to go to school without feeling sick.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:46 pm
i dont care if its legal or not, i just dont want it to get all gov't regulated and s**t cuz then all the stuff will be week and dry xP keep it the way it is i can deal with the ny laws xP  

Diimari_Lives

Interesting Smoker

Obiwan katokey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:55 pm
-D---B-
Ice Cold Faerie
-D---B-
misfit baby

lol
yes but usually only rich people can afford it. dont quote me for the price but i think its around $15 per pill. a months worth of marinol can cost over a grand. marinol would solve my problem though and i wish i could afford it. i understand the whole weed in the office thing though. i should be able to keep it in the trunk of my car for example like normally. i should be able to walk out to it at lunch and take a couple tokes just to ease my stomach but not be all baked u know? supervised or not i wouldnt care i just want to be able to go to school without feeling sick.

actually the price depends on many things like insurance, generic vs. brand name, and the strength of the pill. as im sure you know, i get marinol prescribed. so to get a estimate of the price per pill i feel a bit of background info must be stated:
1. i have good insurance
2. i get generic dronabinol instead of the brand name marinol
3. i get the smalllest strength available (2.5mg)

now that everyone has the necessary background info i will break down the cost for you guys. so its $40, after insurance, for 30 2.5mg pills. that breaks down to $1 and 33 1/3 cents per pill or 53 cents a mg. so if you have insurance then it really isnt all that expensive for what your getting being as 5mg can get you baked. so, depending on your weight and tolerance, $2.66 can get you high versus the cost of natural cannabis it is actually cheaper after all the insurance and cost of generic substitutes.

i think that where you got the price of 15 a pill might have been from the anarchist cookbook because thats how much it says that marinol is, or rather was when the book was first published. but whatever, hit a bong or pop a thc pill, whatever floats your boat... or more accurately whatever gets you baked  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:11 pm
drunkenhomer
-D---B-
Ice Cold Faerie
-D---B-
misfit baby

lol

actually the price depends on many things like insurance, generic vs. brand name, and the strength of the pill. as im sure you know, i get marinol prescribed. so to get a estimate of the price per pill i feel a bit of background info must be stated:
1. i have good insurance
2. i get generic dronabinol instead of the brand name marinol
3. i get the smalllest strength available (2.5mg)

now that everyone has the necessary background info i will break down the cost for you guys. so its $40, after insurance, for 30 2.5mg pills. that breaks down to $1 and 33 1/3 cents per pill or 53 cents a mg. so if you have insurance then it really isnt all that expensive for what your getting being as 5mg can get you baked. so, depending on your weight and tolerance, $2.66 can get you high versus the cost of natural cannabis it is actually cheaper after all the insurance and cost of generic substitutes.

i think that where you got the price of 15 a pill might have been from the anarchist cookbook because thats how much it says that marinol is, or rather was when the book was first published. but whatever, hit a bong or pop a thc pill, whatever floats your boat... or more accurately whatever gets you baked
i get 0 insurance support for marinol so id have to pay full price. i tried many many months ago. i wonder... what condiition do you have that your insurance supports coverage for marinol? and what insurance do you have? my insurance seems to only cover it for cancer/chemotherapy patients. looking for different options once i move out.  

-D---B-

Indie Jesus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:28 pm
This is pretty much the same thing as prohibiton with alcohol back in the twenties and of course I would smoke if it were legal probably a lot more. If it did become legal which is not happening in the next 10 years then the government could definitely tax it. Its true you cannot OD off of smoking marijuana but its the things you do when your high like driving thats how people die and we already have drunk driving so we will be adding another drug into the fray. Also smoking marijuana has a chance of bringing out mental conditions like Bipolar disorder which I suffer from and I can definitely feel it more since I started smoking. Also it increases the chance for chronic anxiety and people can have anxiety attacks much more easily and severe when they are high making them go into cardiac arrest. And the smoke is still bad for your lungs just not as bad as cigarrete smoke which contains trace amounts of fermaldyhyde. If it were legalized a lot less people would be criminals but also many would be out of jobs if you could just run to the store and buy marijuana. Also what would happen to all the people locked up for selling and possesion if it becomes legal what happens to them?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:05 pm
People can actually be allergic to marijuana being allergic to it is not how you get 'stoned' the chemicals in the plant affecting your nervous system and brain is how that is achieved.  

Indie Jesus

Propaganda Americana

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:56 am
If weed was legal, I would be blazed all the time when im not working.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:03 am
Weed should be legal!!! It does less damage then alcohol and it cures many things! I would DEFINATLY still smoke if it was legal!! If you only smoke cause it's ilegal thats kinda umm... lame?(no offense to anyone who does.)  

Bohemian Eve

Kawaii Phantom

15,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Marijuana Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items