Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:06 am
Neko-Yousei
PsychoAce56
^^" Teh love for Tokyo Mew Mew, I own all the mangas and will own A la mode when it comes out as well^^. I don't even know if I will waste my time watching it, if anything I would just probably be super dissappointed and angry

Ditto. I mean, the names for the dub had me crawling the walls. Zoe, Bridgitt, Kiki, and stuff.
Zoe = Ichigo
Bridgitt = Lettuce
Kiki = Purin (Pudding)
I can't recall Mint or Zakuro's names....

O_o you have got to be kidding me, they could at least leave the names be and not shread them to pieces ><  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:10 pm
PsychoAce56
Neko-Yousei
PsychoAce56
^^" Teh love for Tokyo Mew Mew, I own all the mangas and will own A la mode when it comes out as well^^. I don't even know if I will waste my time watching it, if anything I would just probably be super dissappointed and angry

Ditto. I mean, the names for the dub had me crawling the walls. Zoe, Bridgitt, Kiki, and stuff.
Zoe = Ichigo
Bridgitt = Lettuce
Kiki = Purin (Pudding)

O_o you have got to be kidding me, they could at least leave the names be and not shread them to pieces ><

It's really sad. I wanna say it's worse than Sailor Moon because, not only do they completely change the names of the characters, but also the enemy. They call the anima whatever, the something something "Warriors" or something like that. I remember being totally thrown back by it.

Also...I'd like to say Sailor Moon did a better job with the names because:
Serena = Princess Serenity
Amy = Ami
Raye = Rei
Minako = Mina
buuuut...I don't know where they came up with Lita for Makoto. >w< And they kept most of the bad guys' names the same.  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:05 pm
Neko-Yousei
PsychoAce56
Neko-Yousei
PsychoAce56

Zoe = Ichigo
Bridgitt = Lettuce
Kiki = Purin (Pudding)

It's really sad. I wanna say it's worse than Sailor Moon because, not only do they completely change the names of the characters, but also the enemy. They call the anima whatever, the something something "Warriors" or something like that. I remember being totally thrown back by it.

Amy = Ami
Raye = Rei
Minako = Mina
buuuut...I don't know where they came up with Lita for Makoto. >w< And they kept most of the bad guys' names the same.

O_o yeah I know they screwed up the sailor moon names, but they completely obliverate the tokyo mew mew names! Poor Poor show, I feel so bad for the manga, having to be followed up by a horrible version anime.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:39 pm
PsychoAce56
Neko-Yousei
PsychoAce56
Neko-Yousei
PsychoAce56

Zoe = Ichigo
Bridgitt = Lettuce
Kiki = Purin (Pudding)

Amy = Ami
Raye = Rei
Minako = Mina

O_o yeah I know they screwed up the sailor moon names, but they completely obliverate the tokyo mew mew names! Poor Poor show, I feel so bad for the manga, having to be followed up by a horrible version anime.

Indeed. I heard that in the japanese Pokemon... Brock hits on the girls MAJORLY WORSE. He says nasty pervy stuff... that's why the girls faces are so shocked XDDDDDDDD That and I think they swear a lot in the japanese version too. I'd laugh my a** off watching that XDDDDDD  

Misaki_Chii54
Crew

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:43 pm
Misaki_Chii
PsychoAce56
Neko-Yousei
PsychoAce56
Neko-Yousei
PsychoAce56

Zoe = Ichigo
Bridgitt = Lettuce
Kiki = Purin (Pudding)

Amy = Ami
Raye = Rei
Minako = Mina

Indeed. I heard that in the japanese Pokemon... Brock hits on the girls MAJORLY WORSE. He says nasty pervy stuff... that's why the girls faces are so shocked XDDDDDDDD That and I think they swear a lot in the japanese version too. I'd laugh my a** off watching that XDDDDDD

XP yeah I know I have seen a few of the japanese version of pokemon and yes he is quite the pervy little boy ^^"  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:53 pm
Baah, I hate how they ruin these shows. The good thing is, I don't like anime too much anymore, anyway. *doesn't pay too much attention to it* I'm a manga fan. I enjoyed Tokyo Mew Mew. It was really cute. My little sister was Mew Ichigo for last Halloween and she was so cute and looked like the catgirl and all.... whee
Anyway, I'm sure my little sister will get A la mode, so I'll end up reading it, even though I don't know if I'm that keen about it. ^.^;  

o r e l l e

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:07 pm
I love anime so much and I watch whenever I can but I prefer manga because I love to read and imagine teh voices in me head. Sometimes you watch the manga and go O_o thats not how I thought they would sound!!!! hehe little mew ichigo^^" sounds cute!!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:06 am
Higashi17
Misaki_Chii
ChobiMM3
Its should be coming out on the Fox Box this month sweatdrop Damn, they're taking forever stressed

THis month?! Geez.. they have taken forever. >< Poor TMM sad It's totally shattered.

This month is almost over . . . . The longer they take, the more they'll destroy our beloved TMM . . . . crying Just hope that an uncut, unedited DVD release will come out soon! heart

Anyway, I love TMM! I have the entire series of the TMM manga (english of course) and I am so excited to hear that A la mode has finally been licensed! It took them long enough to do it!

yeah, me too. It's great that a guy actually like Mew Mew heart  

ChobiMM3

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:19 pm
Hey wow I just realized that as well, it doesn't usually seem like guys ever seem to give this kind of manga a chance, but its very cool that there has been one^^" That is unless it is just a mule account and its just a guy avi like Masq-chan  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:52 pm
PsychoAce56
Hey wow I just realized that as well, it doesn't usually seem like guys ever seem to give this kind of manga a chance, but its very cool that there has been one^^" That is unless it is just a mule account and its just a guy avi like Masq-chan

I think its great when guys like girl things and visa versa. I dont know why; I just think its nice biggrin heart  

ChobiMM3

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:03 pm
Yeah it's cool because they aren't like all the other pompous people going, oh thats not for our gender >< why should I even give it a chance. Stupid people.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:16 pm
PsychoAce56
Yeah it's cool because they aren't like all the other pompous people going, oh thats not for our gender >< why should I even give it a chance. Stupid people.

yeah  

ChobiMM3

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:10 pm
XP  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:52 pm
Have you guys checked out the announcement thread? Mew Mew news~