Submit

Bacon?
  Oh, yes, please.
  Not my thing.
  OMG THOSE POOR ANIMALS!!
View Results

Paw The Wiruz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:10 am
heh as any bear i eat anything... but seriously... i prefer meat in my food... i don't really like eating salats without atleast some chicken or tuna in it ^^

mmmmmh.... baaaacon....  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:33 am
BACON!

I love all types of meat, especially sirloin steak. Gah, crap, now I'm hungry...  

L Ahkmill

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:59 am
STEAK!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:08 pm
*Runs down to Cannery Row for some BUBBA GUUUUUUUMP*

Those who love steak are on my heart list.  

L Ahkmill

Luke_Wolf314

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:11 pm
This reminds me of that one commercial.... Hillshire Farms GO MEAT!

I do dislike a few of the beef products, namely Roast Beef (unless fried then its sort of good), Beef Soup, and Beef Gravy.. oh and meatloaf (>_< (What a waste of perfectly good meat)) but then I also can't really stand when people try to make things spicy..

From my vantage point herbivores are the bad guys because left on their own they destroy their own ecosystem (as has been shown before) therefore we must "Bust" them, and eat their delicious meat for their own protection of course ;P

I vote Lamb as best meat  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:24 pm
Oh, but roast beef is HELL, OH, HELL, awesome.

Nothing better than the traditional beef though.

ANGUS BEEF

scream

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:49 pm
Luke_Wolf314
From my vantage point herbivores are the bad guys because left on their own they destroy their own ecosystem (as has been shown before) therefore we must "Bust" them, and eat their delicious meat for their own protection of course ;P

This is not an herbivore specific issue, and carnivores as well as omnivores are just as much capable of doing the same thing.

First, there is the "supply versus demand" style of looking at growth. All environments have a certain carrying capacity. This is how many of a particular creature can exist without starvation. Lets take an example of wolves. Now, say their only food source is deer. Well, if the wolves continue to grow in populations while the deer populations don't, then eventually they'll mess up their environment and either exterminate all deer in the area, cause vegetation to grow unchecked and create fire hazards from dead weeds and things, or they will die off in large numbers from starvation.

Now, that's just part of it. In addition to this, there are different strategies for population growth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R/K_selection_theory
This explains it the best, but in short it's quality versus quantity. many plants work in such a way as to take advantage of certain conditions and grow quickly and in large numbers. A lot of insects are the same. Neither of these are carnivores. One is a plant and the other is such a large category as to be full of parasites, omnivores, carnivores, herbivores, fungivores, etc... The more complex animals tend to be the kind that go for "quality" which results in slower population growths. Humans are included in this, as it takes a long time (9 or so months) for offspring to be born, and this ranges from 1 - 2 usually. In the case of many insects, they can reproduce at exponential rates at times, with the proper amount of resources. This means that it goes from 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, etc... Some will reproduce at even faster rates, with hundreds being born from two insects alone.

Now if you want an example of carnivores messing up their environment, you can look at jelly fish. Yes, them. Thanks to over fishing and an abundance of food for them, they've grow in extremely large numbers. This can be very hazardous to humans, because many jellyfish are toxic. A sting or two isn't always going to kill you. Thousands of them can, and severe pain can make you extremely nauseous and potentially pass out, which isn't a good thing while in the water. Not only that, but jellyfish can further endanger their environment because they can eat away faster than other species at food they would also eat at, eliminating potential for fish to live in the same areas or even more complex species. OF course, nothing bad happens to the jellyfish, but it depends upon what you view as environmental destruction.

I could find other situations in which carnivores can ruin their environment, if you like? But I would just like to point out that this isn't specifically an herbivore tendency, and can happen among virtually any species.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:19 pm
Psycho Lee
STEAK!!!!
Steak? STEAK? STEAAAAAAAAK!  

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:28 pm
I'm a vegetarian. However, it's not because I think eating animals is wrong. We are omnivores, after all. No, it's because I think our methods of eating animals are wrong. The animals we eat are never given a chance to really live, are often kept in sad conditions, pumped full of God knows what to make them bigger, and so much of the animal is wasted. I just find it disgusting. In many places (like the US) we overeat meat as well. You don't need, and shouldn't have, meat in every meal. It should not be the main part of your diet. Even carnivorous animals eat more than just the flesh, they also eat the innards to get nutrition from the vegetation their prey ate.
All this being said, I would eat animal flesh if it were done right: Given a sporting chance, killed humanely, and not wasted. So, I'm not against hunting either, just hunting purely for sport.

tl;dr version: Meat: ur doin it wrong!

Edit: Mostly echoing what Garek said.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:33 pm
They may have sad lives, but they taste delicious~  

L Ahkmill

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:34 pm
Ahkmill

I won't deny this. However, after going so long without any meat I really don't even have a taste for it anymore.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:36 pm
shoki_de_nai
Ahkmill

I won't deny this. However, after going so long without any meat I really don't even have a taste for it anymore.

I don't know whether to congratulate you or just freak out. I couldn't go a day without meat. xDDD  

L Ahkmill

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:40 pm
Ahkmill
shoki_de_nai
Ahkmill

I don't know whether to congratulate you or just freak out. I couldn't go a day without meat. xDDD

I get told that a lot. Which to me just emphasizes how much meat is overeaten.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:46 pm
shoki_de_nai
Ahkmill

My stepsister accidentally ate bacon last year and says she spent ten minutes going "my pizza tastes funny..." before realizing that it had not been cut according to which half the toppings were on, so aside from being a half-bacon pizza, there was just a half-bacon slice as well.

She said she was surprised at herself for not recognizing the taste, because bacon was one of her favorite pre-vegetarian foods.  

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

L Ahkmill

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:46 pm
shoki_de_nai
Ahkmill
shoki_de_nai
Ahkmill

I get told that a lot. Which to me just emphasizes how much meat is overeaten.

Well, until we have a mass shortage of cattle, I'm still eatin' ma' steak. :3  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces