Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
I almost couldn't read this one. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

My second horror story this week.
  You poor soul.
View Results

Honeydukes Lover

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:44 pm
If you don't want to hear us commenting on your terrifying [sarcasm]English[/sarcasm] then why did you have such horrific spelling and grammar in the first place? Does it really take that long to type grammatically correct?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:44 pm
Sarcastic Remark
Someone restore my faith in this generation's education. ):
Why? That's like asking me to decode that horrible conglomeration of characters.

Ramen Noodle Fury

Ramen Noodle Fury

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:48 pm
Farrago

Right. I went to her profile. It's pathetic; it's absolutely pathetic.
Oh my dear lord! It locked my computer up!

I noticed the attacks in her comment box. Not cool.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:11 pm
Oh my sweet baby Jesus. That cannot be real. There is just no way someone types like that. Why is it so hard for people to type out full words?

And another thing, I'm not sure which is worse, her grammar or the way people are actually flaming her for it. I'm all for wanting people to spell correctly, but sinking that low to do it--
Well, we're supposed to be showing we're intelligent by spelling complete words and doing that to a person proves how unintelligent some of us are.  

MyMyMyGirl

2,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

SilverBellsAbove

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:05 am
Okay. A few hundred years ago, there was no standard dictionary and people could spell things however they wanted. Often people spelled their words based on their dialect, and if their dialect was incomprehensible so were their words.

However, I sort of doubt she sounds anything like that when she talks. And however many grammar errors I may make, I can forgive the small things and put it all into perspective when I see a monstrosity of that caliber.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:46 pm
I wish I had known there was a translation handy before I read this. That's fifteen minutes of my life I will NEVER get back.

How can people do this to themselves (not to mention others)? It must take more time and energy to type like this and keep all of the word-representations straight in your mind than to just type it out! And if you really, truly want relationship advice, why would you try to antagonize the people willing to give it to you by typing HORRIBLY then saying you'll get offended if others don't like it?!  

Nicholas Kaze

Friendly Prophet

16,625 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Espyr

Distinct Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:51 pm
Okay. Some of you people are outright jerks.

I don't think there's anything in the world that warrants going to some girl's profile and attacking her because she can't spell. :/ And yes, I'm talking about Demented_Duck here.

I'm surprised at you people. I value literacy just as much as the next linguist, but but some of you are blurring the line between upholding and outright harassing.

I don't even know now why I joined this guild, if this is any indication of what this guild supports. I hope in the future you'll all remember that not everyone is perfect, and some people are literally incapable of spelling and grammar perfection... but regardless if that's the case here or not, it's her choice, and I don't think any of you have the right to harass her for it.

Now I realize why grammar nazis have a bad name. :P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:12 pm
crying My head hurts from trying to translate that. *reaches for the tissuebox to cry* But for the life of me I can't understand why you would go to her profile and chew her out like that when she expressly forbade you to comment on her grammar. I mean, yes, her spelling is atrocious and yes, she could do with some refreshers on punctuation and so forth, but that is no excuse for shooting her down when she's asking for help!!! I know it's painful to read, but try to read between the lines and understand her situation. If you want to "assist" her writing skills, don't do it for the whole world to see and criticize YOU for it, PM her and do it quietly.  

Melantha007

8,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items