Reply Adult Furries Guild
Cheating the System Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Af Mas

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:36 am
The only thing I can't get over is the meat statement. I'm sick of hearing that I'm a bad person because I eat meat. Just save it for a person who wants to change.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:02 am
No one is ever going to make me feel guilty for eating me. To me it is just the nature of things.

Want to know what the alternative is to raising animals as our food source? That would be hunting my friends, which, if was the case, we would quickly run animals to extinction.

Don't even try and say that alternative is to just not eat meat, because that is not going to happen.  

Selene Aries

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:10 am
USA is a pretty rich country.

Steal from it a couple times doesn't affect it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:19 am
I admit to having exactly 250 illegally downloaded songs at this very moment. Do I feel guilty? Not one bit.

I also hate it when anti-meat organizations decide to turn into Catholics and try to force their "DON'T EAT MEAT" beliefs on others. I want to open up a steakhouse in Texas, just so when they start protesting on MY property, they'll be like, "We have our 1st amendment right to be here!" And I'll reply with, "And I have my 2nd amendment right to blow your head off! *cocks shotgun*"  

L Ahkmill

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:41 am
Ahkmill
I admit to having exactly 250 illegally downloaded songs at this very moment. Do I feel guilty? Not one bit.

I also hate it when anti-meat organizations decide to turn into Catholics and try to force their "DON'T EAT MEAT" beliefs on others. I want to open up a steakhouse in Texas, just so when they start protesting on MY property, they'll be like, "We have our 1st amendment right to be here!" And I'll reply with, "And I have my 2nd amendment right to blow your head off! *cocks shotgun*"

This is why most protests take place across the street of the place they are boycotting. Because they can get arrested for trespassing otherwise.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:22 am
Selene Aries
Ahkmill

This is why most protests take place across the street of the place they are boycotting. Because they can get arrested for trespassing otherwise.

In that case, I'd just take to old school illegitimate tactics. :3  

L Ahkmill

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:49 am
Ahkmill

We should become affiliates :U

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:32 pm
Alexander Fawxe Jace
very well stated only that argument has been made and that idea tried and guess what? it doesn't work, boycotting the oil companies hasn't worked and neither has boycotting meats and poultry

Mass scale Boycotting doesn't work when 5 or 6 people do it, yes. That much is obvious. However, the reverse is just as much true. Oil companies can't profit when only 6 people purchase their oil.

Boycotting has worked in the past as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boycott

http://www.newsweek.com/id/126334
Quote:
Americans have been staging boycotts ever since the colonists dumped their first load of tea. But the recent wave began in 1989, after the Exxon Valdez spilled 11 million gallons of oil into Alaskan waters, spurring grass-roots protests. The Exxon incident paved the way for a boycott that helped persuade H.J. Heinz to stop purchasing tuna caught using fishing techniques that harm dolphins. "People discovered empowerment in their pockets and purses," says Putnam. "That, in turn, spawned an increased interest in social and environmental problems."

They do work. And in fact, changing purchasing habits is something that happens all the time as well. Do most people still buy black and white TVs? Obviously not. It wasn't a boycott that did this either. It was just a change in what you bought. For something more regular as dietary habits, you simply don't have to constantly eat meat for every meal (Aside from that you'll probably die from a heart attack at 30 on that diet). For the oil industry, you simply don't buy a gasoline burning car. There are many options, and a change in buying habits, whether a boycott or not, can work.

Going back to the boycotting thing, how can you say it doesn't work? If it's the choice of an individual NOT to buy something, and they proceed not to do so, then it has worked. It's a personal choice to do this, and if they do it successfully, then how can you say it doesn't work? Plenty of people are successful when they alone decide not to do something everyone else is doing. But I guess the status-quo is so important to people that they wouldn't dare defy it...

Imagine if I was arguing against consumerism... The horror!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Selene Aries
Don't even try and say that alternative is to just not eat meat, because that is not going to happen.

You could grow meat in a laboratory. It sounds like science fiction, but we're really not that far off from it. Sure, we may never experience it in our life time, but I doubt the next generation wouldn't. In addition, it could replicate meats that are normally too expensive for the common person to have. No need to go through special processes to get veal or other luxury meats. Just have them grown and then shipped to stores across America. And if you think Americans wouldn't buy that, then just remember that you've likely already eaten GMOs already, and you were likely unaware of this ever happening.

Ahkmill
And I'll reply with, "And I have my 2nd amendment right to blow your head off! *cocks shotgun*"

Second Amendment doesn't allow you to kill anyone who goes on to your property. In addition, that in itself can be considered a threat and you can be arrested and charged for making threats on the lives of people.  

Garek Maxwell

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:02 pm
Actually, they have already started growing meat cultures. *does peace sign* They want to try and have it on the market with in the next few years.

This, to me, is a reasonable alternative. Just not one I always remember is an actual work in progress. Not like I need animals to be killed to satisfy desires to consume flesh. If meat can make its way to my plate with no harm brought to a sentient being then so be.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:20 pm
Selene Aries
Actually, they have already started growing meat cultures. *does peace sign* They want to try and have it on the market with in the next few years.

This, to me, is a reasonable alternative. Just not one I always remember is an actual work in progress. Not like I need animals to be killed to satisfy desires to consume flesh. If meat can make its way to my plate with no harm brought to a sentient being then so be.

I heard about this... I'm just worried that it'll mutate into something O 3o Or that it might taste bad. 3nodding

CodyDudeTm

Desirable Fatcat

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Champion 300
  • Sausage Fest 200

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:37 pm
CodyDudeTm
Selene Aries

I heard about this... I'm just worried that it'll mutate into something O 3o Or that it might taste bad. 3nodding

Ever seen the show Better Off Ted?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:30 am
[-Erik-]
USA is a pretty rich country.

Steal from it a couple times doesn't affect it.

we're like 3-5 trillion in debt...dept....WE OWE MONEY!!  

Isaol

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:42 pm
I wonder how the meat conversation ended up here.

Supposedly there's meat products available for sale that claim the meat is "free-range" or humanely treated animals. Usually such meats would be available only at organic or alternative food stores.

I'd even consider such meats, but I tend to only eat meat in frozen food anyway. And I'm not sure those alternative food stores take government food benefits anyway... ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:27 pm
Psycho Lee
Supposedly there's meat products available for sale that claim the meat is "free-range" or humanely treated animals. Usually such meats would be available only at organic or alternative food stores.

I'd even consider such meats, but I tend to only eat meat in frozen food anyway. And I'm not sure those alternative food stores take government food benefits anyway... ninja

My local grocery store (Giant Eagle) has an organic meats section right next to the regular meats. Then again, I live in the Jewish neighborhood, so that may have something to do with it. X3  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

CodyDudeTm

Desirable Fatcat

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Champion 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:36 pm
Selene Aries
CodyDudeTm
Selene Aries

Ever seen the show Better Off Ted?

Oh, yeaaaaah rofl
I've seen that one... forgot how it ended, though.

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff