Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
CAN MUSLIMS PLAY PIANO?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

divineseraph

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:19 am
Seriously? Music as evil? Satan is known as the deceiver, and if you can't see how you're being deceived into stupidity, ignorance and violence, then he's doing his job very well.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:59 am
divineseraph
Seriously? Music as evil? Satan is known as the deceiver, and if you can't see how you're being deceived into stupidity, ignorance and violence, then he's doing his job very well.

Yes it is. Its written in the Koran.

Jin Saga

Nennies

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:51 pm
Whether music is permissible in Islam is debated by the scholars. Singing and music are a controversial topic.

Sorry, this is long:

Sheikh Ahmad Kutty [...] states:

“Music is an issue that has been hotly debated by scholars of the past and the present. While many of them have been generally inclined to condemn all forms of music, with the singular exception of ad-duff (tambourine) in weddings, quite a few of them have taken a more positive approach of considering only music containing sensual, pagan, or unethical themes or subliminal messages as being categorically forbidden.

The latter view seems to be more consistent with the general nature of Islam, which is undoubtedly a complete way of life that caters to all of the genuine human instincts and needs within permissible limits. Thus, to say that all music is forbidden in Islam does not seem to agree with the balanced approach of Islam to issues of human life and experience.

(taken from http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503545728 )

In the subject of musical instruments, scholars disagree on the matter. Some of them permit all sorts of singing, be it accompanied with musical instruments or not, and even consider it recommended. A second group of scholars permit singing only when is not accompanied with a musical instrument. A third group declare it to be prohibited whether it be accompanied with a musical instrument or not; they even consider it as a major sin. In supporting their view, they cite the hadith narrated by Imam Al-Bukhari on the authority of Abu Malik or Abu `Amir Al-Ash`ari (doubt from the sub-narrator) that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, 'From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk (clothes), the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful.' Although this hadith is in Sahih Al-Bukhari, its chain of transmission is not connected to Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) and this invalidates its authenticity. Ibn Hazm rejects it for that very reason. Moreover, the sub-narrator, Hisham Ibn `Ammar is declared ‘weak’ by many scholars of the Science of Hadith Methodology.

Besides, this hadith does not clearly prohibit the use of musical instruments, for the phrase 'consider as lawful,' according to Ibn Al-`Arabi, has two distinct meanings:

First: Such people think all these (the things mentioned) are lawful.

Second: They exceed the proper limits that should be observed in using these instruments. If the first meaning is intended, such people would be thus disbelievers.

In fact, the hadith in hand dispraises the manners of a group of people who indulge themselves in luxuries, drinking alcohol and listening to music. Therefore, Ibn Majah narrates this hadith from Abu Malik Al-Ash`ari in the following wording: "From among my followers there will be some people who will drink wine, giving it other names while they listen to musical instruments and the singing of female singers; Allah the Almighty will make the earth swallow them and will turn them into monkeys and pigs.” (Reported by Ibn Hibban in his Sahih)

Conclusion on Permissibility of Musical Instruments

In the light of the above, it is clear that the religious texts that stand as a basis for those who maintain that singing is haram are either ambiguous or inauthentic. None of the hadiths attributed to Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) is valid as evidence on the judgment of prohibition. Moreover, all these hadiths are declared ‘weak’ by the followers of Ibn Hazm, Malik, Ibn Hanbal, and Ash-Shafi`i.

(see also: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503544202 )

I suggest reading the whole article =)

Obviously the *nature* of the music and singing and its purpose are very important here.
I do not see there is a clear prohibition for the use of musical instruments provided they are used for the right purpose (rejoicing and play are a good purpose, islamically) and does not contain an improper message.

Jin Saga

Salaam wa aleikom

Actually , Yes it is, cause Music is Haram in Islam, ... and the reason is that Music Kills the heart, but I have to admit aswell, I find it really hard to obey this, since I see / hear music everywhere I go.

( Drums are allowed Thou )

It is good that you try to avoid things that are harmful, but you are not held responsible for what you hear unintentionally. It's impossible to completely avoid such things and you will not be held accountable for that which you have no control over.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:04 am
Nennies
Whether music is permissible in Islam is debated by the scholars. Singing and music are a controversial topic.

Sorry, this is long:

Sheikh Ahmad Kutty [...] states:

“Music is an issue that has been hotly debated by scholars of the past and the present. While many of them have been generally inclined to condemn all forms of music, with the singular exception of ad-duff (tambourine) in weddings, quite a few of them have taken a more positive approach of considering only music containing sensual, pagan, or unethical themes or subliminal messages as being categorically forbidden.

The latter view seems to be more consistent with the general nature of Islam, which is undoubtedly a complete way of life that caters to all of the genuine human instincts and needs within permissible limits. Thus, to say that all music is forbidden in Islam does not seem to agree with the balanced approach of Islam to issues of human life and experience.

(taken from http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503545728 )

In the subject of musical instruments, scholars disagree on the matter. Some of them permit all sorts of singing, be it accompanied with musical instruments or not, and even consider it recommended. A second group of scholars permit singing only when is not accompanied with a musical instrument. A third group declare it to be prohibited whether it be accompanied with a musical instrument or not; they even consider it as a major sin. In supporting their view, they cite the hadith narrated by Imam Al-Bukhari on the authority of Abu Malik or Abu `Amir Al-Ash`ari (doubt from the sub-narrator) that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, 'From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk (clothes), the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful.' Although this hadith is in Sahih Al-Bukhari, its chain of transmission is not connected to Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) and this invalidates its authenticity. Ibn Hazm rejects it for that very reason. Moreover, the sub-narrator, Hisham Ibn `Ammar is declared ‘weak’ by many scholars of the Science of Hadith Methodology.

Besides, this hadith does not clearly prohibit the use of musical instruments, for the phrase 'consider as lawful,' according to Ibn Al-`Arabi, has two distinct meanings:

First: Such people think all these (the things mentioned) are lawful.

Second: They exceed the proper limits that should be observed in using these instruments. If the first meaning is intended, such people would be thus disbelievers.

In fact, the hadith in hand dispraises the manners of a group of people who indulge themselves in luxuries, drinking alcohol and listening to music. Therefore, Ibn Majah narrates this hadith from Abu Malik Al-Ash`ari in the following wording: "From among my followers there will be some people who will drink wine, giving it other names while they listen to musical instruments and the singing of female singers; Allah the Almighty will make the earth swallow them and will turn them into monkeys and pigs.” (Reported by Ibn Hibban in his Sahih)

Conclusion on Permissibility of Musical Instruments

In the light of the above, it is clear that the religious texts that stand as a basis for those who maintain that singing is haram are either ambiguous or inauthentic. None of the hadiths attributed to Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) is valid as evidence on the judgment of prohibition. Moreover, all these hadiths are declared ‘weak’ by the followers of Ibn Hazm, Malik, Ibn Hanbal, and Ash-Shafi`i.

(see also: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503544202 )

I suggest reading the whole article =)

Obviously the *nature* of the music and singing and its purpose are very important here.
I do not see there is a clear prohibition for the use of musical instruments provided they are used for the right purpose (rejoicing and play are a good purpose, islamically) and does not contain an improper message.

Jin Saga

Salaam wa aleikom

Actually , Yes it is, cause Music is Haram in Islam, ... and the reason is that Music Kills the heart, but I have to admit aswell, I find it really hard to obey this, since I see / hear music everywhere I go.

( Drums are allowed Thou )

It is good that you try to avoid things that are harmful, but you are not held responsible for what you hear unintentionally. It's impossible to completely avoid such things and you will not be held accountable for that which you have no control over.

Exactly, Sometimes you just cant avoid it.. just make sure you dont look for it

Jin Saga

divineseraph

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:36 pm
Jin Saga
divineseraph

Then the Koran is stupid. There, I've said it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:29 pm
divineseraph
Jin Saga
divineseraph

Are you Happy now?... Look if your not a Muslim.. Fine... but dont come in here and then break down the religion... Oke?

You can Say w/e you want... because one day you will stand in front of Allah (swt) and then you will begg him to forgive you for what you said 3nodding  

Jin Saga

The_Pathan
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:31 pm
divineseraph
Jin Saga
divineseraph

Is this a ban? (i wont do it if no one says yes)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:52 pm
The_Pathan
divineseraph
Jin Saga
divineseraph

Is this a ban? (i wont do it if no one says yes)

Well I vote Yes.. we dont need people who are Insulting our Holy Koran?... what good is he to us?... He wonders on his path to Hell.. while we follow the Path Allah (swt) has given to us.  

Jin Saga

maria aishah

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:25 am
what ever that guy insult al quran...i hate him..u do not have any right to insult al quran...i have found a hadith: it says that ,"without some amusement the soul will not peace, but with some amusement the soul will get peace"...it means that we muslims have the right to listen to the music n any other things that can make u feel happy..but as long as it is not too much..until u forgot to do something that allah has ask us to do...n the music also must not have the element that opposite to islam's syariah.. 3nodding ....  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:03 pm
he gone too fare this time , each time he posts he insults , you joined here so you know about our religion , not to say that's wrong or right , say whatever you like about it , you're here to learn about Islalm

YES BAN THAT ******** CREEP

EtSh Cool

divineseraph

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:07 pm
Jin Saga
divineseraph
Jin Saga
divineseraph

Are you Happy now?... Look if your not a Muslim.. Fine... but dont come in here and then break down the religion... Oke?

You can Say w/e you want... because one day you will stand in front of Allah (swt) and then you will begg him to forgive you for what you said 3nodding

I promote logic and reasoning. Being against all music is simply idiotic and serves not God. The book that says so is wrong, and the ones who believe it literally are imbeciles.

Ban me if you must, but be aware that I am your current link to logic and reasoning. If you will turn against the true God and quash your divine ability to reason and think critically, then you seal your own casket.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:27 pm
Jin Saga
Also I would like to add, that Music in this age is even worse in my Opinion
because what do they talk about?
Ho this, B.tch that, Money Money... etc.

:/

What kind of music do you listen to? I've never actually heard any music like that that wasn't satire. I recommend listening to bands like mewithoutYou. They sing religious songs that are deliberately written as Christian and Islamic. I can't quite believe that music is against Islam, though. That's a brainwashing technique: not thinking about things or letting yourself touch any kind of media. I agree with divineseraph.  

Voldemort point two

Nennies

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:13 pm
EGYPTIAN 4 EVER
he gone too fare this time , each time he posts he insults , you joined here so you know about our religion , not to say that's wrong or right , say whatever you like about it , you're here to learn about Islalm

*bleep*

Please don't swear like that. This is very unislamic, and furthermore completely unnecessary. If someone has offended you, there's no need to drop to the level of insults. You can be much better than that insha'Allah.

May Allah purify all our hearts =)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:56 pm
Voldemort point two
Jin Saga
Also I would like to add, that Music in this age is even worse in my Opinion
because what do they talk about?
Ho this, B.tch that, Money Money... etc.

:/

What kind of music do you listen to? I've never actually heard any music like that that wasn't satire. I recommend listening to bands like mewithoutYou. They sing religious songs that are deliberately written as Christian and Islamic. I can't quite believe that music is against Islam, though. That's a brainwashing technique: not thinking about things or letting yourself touch any kind of media. I agree with divineseraph.

Oke.. Do Not.. Try To Tell Me.. What YOU Is Wrong and RIGHT... Because Ive Read The Koran.. and I know Whats Wrong and Right!

And Music Like Lil Wayne..
She Licks Me Like a Lollipop!!@... Is Considered Haram. >

Only Music thats Allowed Are Nasheeds.  

Jin Saga

The_Pathan
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:43 am
fine i ban him, now 3 guys accepted.  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff