Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Should I express myself in school...? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

should i express myself?
  yes
  no
View Results

DemonHunterDonation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:59 pm
SuperDanni
Never be ashamed of who or what you are. What's the point of hiding things anyhow? If you are true to yourself and to others, then you will become much happier. If someone has a problem with who you are, then perhaps they aren't someone you want to associate yourself with. People who make fun of others for clothing/religion/culture/lifestyle are weaker than us. They have nothing to do with their pathetic lives other than try and make others feel miserable. You are greater than these people. You could have the courage to be yourself, whislt they blend in with the background just like every other coward.
I agree. My friends all left me after i became goth and stopped going to church because i didn't believe in it anymore. they were crappy friends anyway. I was 6 when i converted to goth  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:43 pm
lurichan
I would say do what feels comfortable for you. Around 14 is a tough age, but it's also the best time to start expressing yourself and to show more of your own personality and style. Plus you never know what kind of friends you could make just by opening up a little bit (works better in big schools ^^* like mine was)
3nodding Yesh. I mean, loot at me, I express who I am and don't regret it at all whee  

Dearest Darling`

Gohanachu88

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:08 am
Don't be afraid to let people know who you are and what you're all about. If they don't like it, then tough. They can kiss your a**. (that is unless you don't like the idea of people kissing your a**)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:52 am
i never shown my true self in high school and i regret that now im in collage and i and i have let out my furry side,yea some people wont like it but they arnt worth your time, some peple people that are kind and nice will a ccept you, and who knows if you let yourself out somone else that was hiding it might do the same  

kittysteve

[ D i z z y ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:35 am
Personally, I can't say I'm completely out of the coffin. I don't know why, but I want to be different than everyone else but because I'm so shy*, I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb. Its been a constant battle for me, but I'm getting better. I think it's because I'm an artist, I need to be different as an invidiual. But my personailty doesn't like that.

It'd really help if there were more people in this super-tiny town who were... like me. I'd be less afraid of judgement then. I get picked on a bit in school, mostly by the older kids who talk about me behind my back and the younger ones who like to tease me. Anyone who knows me though, knows I'm just a displaced and quiet person.

I wouldn't say I'm a coward, but I don't have the friends to support me like you people do. Which is why I'm moving as soon as I graduate. Outta here. Gone.
Start a new life.

* Its called Social Anxiety Disorder. Its a crippling condition were you're afraid of crowds and people and such.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:22 am
I say just go for it. People will always ask you questions no matter how you look or how you act until you let yourself become exactly what they want you to be. No one should have to conform and I hid my goth side from the world for years before I came out of the coffin a little too strong in 9th grade. When I was 9 years old I had the same mindset as any goth older than me, I just didn't dress it. In middle school my friends called me goth even though I wore bright colors and dressed in a way that society saw me as 'normal'. When I got to high school I finally started to express myself and I was asked all thoese stupid questions we all hate, "Are you goth?" "Do you worship Satan?" ect. I used to be wiccan too, before my family imposed thier tyranny and I no longer practice any religion but I was asked alot of questions about that too, "Are you a witch?" "Can you turn me into a frog?" "Do you worship the Devil?" (They seem to love that question). I've delt with stupid people and false people. The only thing you can do is be yourself and hope your friends understand that or they really aren't your friends. I learned that many times over and in the hardest ways.  

MerrickTheDarkOne

Wiccan_Boy _1990

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:24 am
i decided that i am gonna express myself in school but i cant till after christmas because that is when i get all of my money... plus my mom wont let me dye my hair black evean though all of my friends said it would look good.... plus why i cant untill after christmas is because all of the clothes that i like are like 55 $  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:27 am
MerrickTheDarkOne
I say just go for it. People will always ask you questions no matter how you look or how you act until you let yourself become exactly what they want you to be. No one should have to conform and I hid my goth side from the world for years before I came out of the coffin a little too strong in 9th grade. When I was 9 years old I had the same mindset as any goth older than me, I just didn't dress it. In middle school my friends called me goth even though I wore bright colors and dressed in a way that society saw me as 'normal'. When I got to high school I finally started to express myself and I was asked all thoese stupid questions we all hate, "Are you goth?" "Do you worship Satan?" ect. I used to be wiccan too, before my family imposed thier tyranny and I no longer practice any religion but I was asked alot of questions about that too, "Are you a witch?" "Can you turn me into a frog?" "Do you worship the Devil?" (They seem to love that question). I've delt with stupid people and false people. The only thing you can do is be yourself and hope your friends understand that or they really aren't your friends. I learned that many times over and in the hardest ways.
lol smeone asked me those same EXACT questions... the also asked "can you fly on a broom?" lmao.  

Wiccan_Boy _1990

MerrickTheDarkOne

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:23 am
Ame argentee
MerrickTheDarkOne
lol smeone asked me those same EXACT questions... the also asked "can you fly on a broom?" lmao.
Another question I love. Have you delt with dabblers? Alot of my friends became dabblers when they found out that I was wiccan. After I was forced to drop the religion they each left one by one even the one girl who seemed like a true believer.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:37 pm
Don't ever be afraid to express yourself. ******** what people think it is irrelevant. If you like the way you look, everyone else shouldn't matter. If you like someone and they don't like you because of your looks, they're not worth the time or effort. I suggest you express yourself no matter what and do not let such trivial insecurities dwell within your mind. No one really cares what you look like and in high school they're all a bunch of teens trying to look good and follow the rest of the sheep so don't worry about it. It'll be over faster than you think. ^_^  

Lady_Threnody

Intellectual Lunatic

10,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Your Night Surgeon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:20 pm
Lady_Threnody
Don't ever be afraid to express yourself. ******** what people think it is irrelevant. If you like the way you look, everyone else shouldn't matter. If you like someone and they don't like you because of your looks, they're not worth the time or effort. I suggest you express yourself no matter what and do not let such trivial insecurities dwell within your mind. No one really cares what you look like and in high school they're all a bunch of teens trying to look good and follow the rest of the sheep so don't worry about it. It'll be over faster than you think. ^_^

Don't be a sheeple, man. It takes a much higher calibur of person to walk their own road than to follow the herd.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:06 am
Sirenstoy
Lady_Threnody

Don't be a sheeple, man. It takes a much higher calibur of person to walk their own road than to follow the herd.

Exactly. Why would anyone want to be one of the sheeples and not unique? I'd rather be myself and make THEM live with it because I'm already fine with who I am. They're the ones with issues as they continue to talk s**t about us just because of something as trivial as clothing and interests. They can kiss my Puerto Rican and Cuban a** if they don't like the way I look, dress, talk, etc.

Lady_Threnody

Intellectual Lunatic

10,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100

xXThe Lady of the NightXx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:11 am
don't let others dictate how you wanna live and dress and act. are they in your body.........no. are they in your mind...........no. do they know you...........no. the ony people you should be worried about it your friends and how they will react to your change. and even then you really shouldn't listen to them.......it's the way YOU want to live your life. take control do something crazy with your hair, go get a piercing i don't care. just express yourself the way you see fit. it's your life, take control..........

~Vamp  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:13 am
Mint Royale
In school I dyed my hair becuase I refused to be a natural blonde and I like the color red. So when I did and wore all black I was accused of being a satanist because I was a goth and I was wearing all black. After a few days I've managed to become known as:
Devil Worshipper
Devil's Reject
Devil
Queen of the Damned
Freak
Weirdo
GOth
Satanist

Wow .... your just like me friend Kat ! *is scared* people are jerks for calling people names and stuff for what they wear and are ...  

Littlemissdevil

LittleCherryPi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:46 am
I would go for it. I mean when I was in ninth grade I went goth. I had just come out of a private catholic school my parents forced me to go to and was in a public high school. I think I've calmed down since then, but I would say I have my own style. Hell yeah I got made fun of, I still do, but I don't let it bother me anymore. It was just a waste of time and energy worrying, "what's going to happen if I wear this? What are people going to say?"  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff