Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:28 am
Infection XIII
XWraith_LordX
Infection XIII
XWraith_LordX
Infection XIII
I'm curious, Wraith, how'd you do it?

I normally use an improvised flamethrower(bug spray and a candle lighter) for when similar things happen(I'm allergic to bees, wasps, and hornets, so I kinda have no choice).
I put bleach in a spray bottle, sprayed it onto a towel, wrapped it around a mop to make a sort of make-shift swiffer mop, and crushed and swept them to their death. The ones that survived I shook off the mop-thing and into the sink which was holding a small pool of bleach. I mixed it up a bit and then they just went down the drain.

Some tried to hide inside the heater, so I just turned it on maximum to flush them out. If they came out, they were killed by me and if they didn't, they probably burned to death.
Damn you were way more thoughtful about it than me.
xp

With problems like these I always just turn to fire like a twitch reaction.
Well it was inside the bathroom, so I didn't want giant singe marks on the cieling or burnt paint or anything up there. Otherwise, fire sounds like an awesome idea. cool

I remember once my friends and I made some blow torches with spray paint and a cigarette lighter, then we made actual torches with some branches with rags tied to the end of them. It was fun. xd
Thing is, I don't think about that. Inside or out, fire's always a solution for me.
xp

It's why my grandma thought it fitting to finally buy a fire extinguisher.
ninja
Try to be more creative next time, it might save your grandma the trouble of having to fill in for the local fire department.

xd  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:20 pm
I had a black & white fake spiderweb, the kind that come in plastic bags that you stretch out for Halloween, stretched over one of my walls in my room. I had some of my drawings pinned on top of the web. Well, I was moving and had to take down the web and drawings- I happened to look as I was taking one drawing down, and noticed a bunch of little black dots in a white part of the web. It was about thrity tiny baby spiders. At first I figured they hatched and couldn't get out, so they died. But I blew on them to be sure, and lo and behold, they scuttled about. I like spiders as well, but so many of a kind that I don't recognize at all...I was too uncomfortable to let them stay. I doused the area in bug spray and left it for about an hour and didn't touch the web until none of them moved. I didn't know what kind they were and if they were poisoness, so I really didn't want to handle them alive.  

Satan on Speed

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:16 pm
XWraith_LordX
Infection XIII
XWraith_LordX
Infection XIII
XWraith_LordX
Infection XIII
I'm curious, Wraith, how'd you do it?

I normally use an improvised flamethrower(bug spray and a candle lighter) for when similar things happen(I'm allergic to bees, wasps, and hornets, so I kinda have no choice).
I put bleach in a spray bottle, sprayed it onto a towel, wrapped it around a mop to make a sort of make-shift swiffer mop, and crushed and swept them to their death. The ones that survived I shook off the mop-thing and into the sink which was holding a small pool of bleach. I mixed it up a bit and then they just went down the drain.

Some tried to hide inside the heater, so I just turned it on maximum to flush them out. If they came out, they were killed by me and if they didn't, they probably burned to death.
Damn you were way more thoughtful about it than me.
xp

With problems like these I always just turn to fire like a twitch reaction.
Well it was inside the bathroom, so I didn't want giant singe marks on the cieling or burnt paint or anything up there. Otherwise, fire sounds like an awesome idea. cool

I remember once my friends and I made some blow torches with spray paint and a cigarette lighter, then we made actual torches with some branches with rags tied to the end of them. It was fun. xd
Thing is, I don't think about that. Inside or out, fire's always a solution for me.
xp

It's why my grandma thought it fitting to finally buy a fire extinguisher.
ninja
Try to be more creative next time, it might save your grandma the trouble of having to fill in for the local fire department.

xd
Honestly, I doubt she bought it just to put out the fires.
I'm pretty sure she only bought it to knock me out with when(notice I didn't say if) I burn the house down.
ninja

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:50 pm
I dont have any problems with bugs where i live right now, since i live in a little apartment in town. But my at my dad and step moms place, they are really having a big invasion of small flies. No one has any idea, where the hell they are comming from. They are every where, they are enoying and there are LOTS of them.  

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

turntechKilljoy

4,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:35 pm
No matter what time of year it is, we always have TONS of hobo spiders lurking around...i never knew how many we actually had until we put glue traps out O.O
Just recently, we've been invaded by fruit flies *cuz we don't eat some of the fruits and veggies lyin around quick enough* But we've got this nice mix of 3.0 pH Kangen water and hydrogen peroxide mix that's burns the little buggers XP  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:06 pm

On candy-stripe legs, the spiderman comes
Softly through the shadow of the evening sun,
Stealing past the windows of the blissfully dead,
Looking for the victim shivering in bed,
Searching out fear in the gathering gloom and
Suddenly!
A movement in the corner of the room.
And there is nothing I can do,
When I realize with fright
That the spiderman is having me for dinner tonight.

PetreyDish

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:53 pm
lol...spiders? yeah, i practically live with the lil buggers....that's the pitfalls of country living. Most of them are the average variety garden spider (mostly harmless), but there are occasional outbreaks of brown recluse spiders that i absolutley have no love for and will destroy them with extreme impunity....vicious lil bastiches, they will bite you more than once and usually each bite deposits a necrotic type venom. had to go to the hospital a few years back because I was cleaning out the shed and ran into a nest of brown recluse babies at ankle level....several hours later and minus a few layers of dermis, and core samples taken out of my leg for the worst bit areas, I'm hobbling around with the elephant man's leg and pumped full of antibiotics and anti venom.....a sucky time was had by all.....  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:32 pm
PetreyDish

On candy-stripe legs, the spiderman comes
Softly through the shadow of the evening sun,
Stealing past the windows of the blissfully dead,
Looking for the victim shivering in bed,
Searching out fear in the gathering gloom and
Suddenly!
A movement in the corner of the room.
And there is nothing I can do,
When I realize with fright
That the spiderman is having me for dinner tonight.

Lullaby by The Cure heart my all time favorite song and video by them.  

Angel of the End

Whisper Gently

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:04 pm
I got bit by a violin spider a while ago, and my eye swelled up cuz it bit me on my face.
Heh that was a rush to hospital.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:09 pm
We've got mice living in our walls. They make a lot of noise. Lately however it seems they've been run out by a GIANT SQUIRREL. He really makes a lot of noise and is tearing up the whole inside of the house, including the insulation.  

GhoulPuppy

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:09 pm
I just saw the title of this thread and needed to add this story.
My brother once complained of a spider being on his bedroom ceiling when we were younger.
Mum came in to exterminate it for him and came up with this song [sung to the tune of She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain]:

There's a spider on my ceiling, knock it off [knock it off]
There's a spider on my ceiling giving me a creepy feeling
There's a spider on my ceiling knock it off

I thought it was rather clever.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:12 pm
MortSanglant
I just saw the title of this thread and needed to add this story.
My brother once complained of a spider being on his bedroom ceiling when we were younger.
Mum came in to exterminate it for him and came up with this song [sung to the tune of She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain]:

There's a spider on my ceiling giving me a creepy feeling
There's a spider on my ceiling knock it off

I thought it was rather clever.

4laugh
That's so cute

Whisper Gently

Necrodancer Ghost

Feral Vampire

15,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Team Moira 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:56 pm
Whisper Gently
I got bit by a violin spider a while ago, and my eye swelled up cuz it bit me on my face.
Heh. Reminds me of the time I lived in Georgia and my mom got bit in the back by a black widow.
Needless to say, after the hospital trip, the next few weeks were rather messy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:29 am
We once had an ant infestation, and they covered the corner of my parent's bedroom ceiling, It looked pretty gross, but they finished them in no time.
The bug spray we used was so strong.  

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

Whisper Gently

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:35 pm
The Spirit of Vengeance
Whisper Gently
Heh. Reminds me of the time I lived in Georgia and my mom got bit in the back by a black widow.
Needless to say, after the hospital trip, the next few weeks were rather messy.

I'd imagine so. I tore my room apart looking for the damn spider. I room was cleaned from corner to corner.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff