36%  [ 12 ]
Everytime I close my eyes.
24%
 24%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 33

Mina Beltara

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:00 pm
Aloyseus_Wolf

Dreams... they are tricky but they all stem from the subconcious. I've been trying really hard to practice Lucid Dreaming but it is still in progress. I used to get them all the time and do all sorts of things even try to look at past lives. But I can't realy remember them now.

As far as past lives dreams go... it's possible that they are infact remnant of your past lives, then again it could be your subcouncious telling you what your past life may have been. It's kinda like in the movie X (which I suggest all of you watch since it is a good movie even if it ruins the manga series) when the dream watcher explains to Fuma, that his dreams only show representations of what what may/maynot happen or have happened. That is up for you to decide. BUt since this is the past we are dealing with... i would suggest meditating on the dreams and see what other intuitive feelings you get from them.

*Nods.* I remember that in X, although I have to wait until after the move until to watch it again. (Living in a cramped trailer with six people in a three bedroom trailer with tons of pets means everything goes to storage until the house is built.)

I'll do the meditation, but it'll have to be after it decides to rain since our yard is a huge mud puddle at the moment.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:02 am
*Dreamy-Magic Poke!*  

Jameta
Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:55 pm
Jameta
*Dreamy-Magic Poke!*

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:33 pm
i had a last night dream where i was chasing this beetle around my house  

Cosmic Space Orange

Tipsy Mage

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:26 am
SiegeDragomon
i had a last night dream where i was chasing this beetle around my house
Well, a general insect can mean:
Dream Central's Dream Dictionary
Insects in a dream always represent obstacles that you must overcome to reach your goals, if you manage to exterminate them or they are not bothersome to you then you will meet your obstacles with strength, and be able to overcome them. Insects also represent excessive worry over certain things, meditate to find out what they might mean to you by using all the symbols in your dream for reference.

Dream Dictionary: The Meaning of Your Dreams
Overall a dream of insects denotes financial gains, abundant means, and also a mystery will be solved.

Dream Moods
To see insects in your dream, signifies minor obstacles that you must overcome. There are small problems and annoyances that need to be dealt with. Something or someone may be "bugging" or "pestering" you. Alternatively, insects are also said to be symbolic of precision, alertness, and sensitivity. You may need to organize your thoughts and sort out your values. Sometimes they are seen as divine messengers.

Specifically for a beetle,
Dream Moods
To see a beetle in your dream, indicates that some destructive influences may be at work in your waking life. You may also feel that your values and beliefs are being compromised.

Your house can represent your inner self or 'inner-sphere' of living (close relatives, your home, close friends, etc. all together).

Perhaps you feel like your trying to get to root of the problem within yourself or inner-sphere; or perhaps you feel like something is wrong, but can't quite grasp it.

Knowing the color of the beetle will also assist in what type of problem it is.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:56 am
Jameta, do you want a challenge for a dream meaning?  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:05 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta, do you want a challenge for a dream meaning?
...Challenge the meaning I provided or be provided a challegne? confused  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:19 pm
Meaning I provide a very long and rambling dream that I had last night, and we see if there's any meaning to it at all.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:33 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Meaning I provide a very long and rambling dream that I had last night, and we see if there's any meaning to it at all.
Sure, I don't mind.

If anything, I may just come to the conclusion that your mind was just cleaning out its memory banks. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:22 am
I'll give two fragmente dones. one from two nights ago, and last night.

Two nights ago.

I was Louis from the Anne Rice book, and Lestat was there. We were walking around, and came to this odd house, where it looked like a horror movie was being filmed. Run-down house, gruesome zombie extras and everything. Then we found out that it wasn't a movie, it was actually a haunted house thing, and ended up being chased around by all manner of gruesome dead things.

We joined up with my 8 year old brother for some reason (no clue why, he left five minutes later) and went looking for the "Wing Mafia", which ws supposed to help us. I ended up getting a pair of strap on wings, made from a grey tarp, and cord. I glided around for a while, before finding weapons for Lestat and me.

As usual in dreams, whenever I end up in a fight, I seem odly impotent. I'm slow, clumsy, and my hands seem to pass through the person and the weapon. And whatever I weapon I grad (axe this time) turns paper this and brittle.

Then I woke up mrgreen

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:31 pm
Alrighty. *cracks knuckles* Bear in mind, Nihl, the following:

1.) You may interpret characters/objects/events differently than outstanding third-parties; if something doesn't feel right, state it and your personal feelings toward the item outside of the dream.
2.) I haven't read any of Anne Rice's novels (poor me), and I saw the film rendition of Interview with a Vampire many years ago.
3.) I will offer direct dictionary entries, and may or may not make a note on them in reference to your dream.
4.) I suggest printing this out and going over thigns with a marking device. It will be easier on the eyes and mind. sweatdrop
5.) As I keep adding more information, I see I'm going to be doing this in parts. xp

So, here we go...

Louis de Pointe du Lac is from Anne Rice's work, Interview with a Vampire. He is the underling vampire of Lestat de Lioncourt. Their relationship is more that of lovers than brothers; however, it is clearly innocence/purity struggling with corruption/seduction. Although Claudia is not evident in the dream, the roles of surrogate parents.

In the break down:
Vampire
Dream Moods
To see a vampire in your dream, symbolizes seduction and sensuality, as well as fear and death. The vampire represents contrasting images of civilized nobility and aggression/ferocity. It may depict someone in your waking life whose charm may ultimately prove harmful. Deep down inside you know that this person is bad for you, yet you are still drawn to it. Vampires also sometimes relate to decisions about sex and losing your virginity. Alternatively, to see a vampire suggests that you are feeling physically or emotionally drained. The vampire may also be symbolic for someone who is addicted to drugs or someone in an obsessive relationship.

To dream that you are a vampire, signifies that you are sucking in the life energy of others for your own selfish benefit.

The Meaning of Your Dreams Dream Dictionary
Extortionist. Bloodsucking. You fear your own feelings.

Now, the problem with these general interpretations is they're just that: general. You dreamt of being a certain character with a personality beyond the blood-sucking and such. However, the components of emotion and sexuality may still be present.

Lover
Dream Moods
To see a lover in your dream, symbolizes acceptance, self-worth, and acknowledgement of your true inner value. It may also indicate integration of masculine and feminine traits into yourself. You are feeling complete or whole.

To dream of an old lover, signifies unfinished/unresolved issues related to that specific relationship. Your current relationship may be awakening some of those same issues.

Vanity. Pleasure. The idealized inner self.

Lestat more likely represents the second interpreation (however, he may not, depending on your interpretation and feelings toward the character).

Seduction
Dream Moods
To dream of seduction, is an expression of your sexual desires. Alternatively, you may be feeling lured into doing something you might not otherwise have done. You may be giving up your power of choice.

Parents
Dream Moods
To see your parents in your dream, symbolizes both power, shelter, and love. You may be expressing your concerns and worries about your own parents. Alternatively, it represents the merging of the female and male aspects of your character.

Dream Moods
To see your father in your dream, symbolizes authority and protection. It suggests that you need to be more self-reliant. Consider also your waking relationship with your father.

(Father) Authority. Control. Guidance. Recognition. Happiness. Virtue.

Again, this may or may not apply.

Alright, so we have the basics laid-out. Right now, it looks like the matter has to do with something emotional, possibly intimate, and possibly working with you on the problem. Both or one of you may be an authorative figure, or the Lestat may be a guide.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:26 pm
Eek, I think you're on the wrong track there. To me, Lestat represents an idiot. An ego-maniacal, overblown, self-agrandising idiot, but he means well. Well, not so much of an idiot, but he's really full of himself. Louis however, is closer to me. In the books, he is allways trying to deny his vampire nature, but still acts as one (i.e. drinking blood and such). I see that as a symbol of the way I deal with my random black moods. When I'm emotionally calm like I am now, I don't particularly like them, but once I sink into a black mood, I tend to revel in it on one level, and use it as a channell for my writings.

Sorry, in here, the vampire has little or no sexual meaning.

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:50 pm
No, no! That's good! This is why I'm doing it in parts, as because they were specific characters, you have your own interpretation of them. I may or may not touch on this in my next examination; if I don't, I'll tie it in at the end.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:34 pm
Layer by layer...  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:09 pm
6.) I will be needing your input as I go along. xp Damn you and your complicated mind! gonk

Alright, so if you relate to Louis as you said, he may represent your 'denial' or (completely different... I think) deeper/emotional self, and Lestat is either baggage or something irritating/something that's tagging along.

A house, in general, can reperesent one's general self, inner/subconcious self, or intimate environment (your real home with family, friends, etc.).
(House) Financial security. Happiness within the family. Honor and dignity. Being.

Dream Moods
To see a house in your dream, represents your own soul and self. Specific rooms in the house indicate a specific aspect of your psyche. In general, the attic represents your intellect, the basement represents the unconscious, etc. If the house is empty, then it indicates feelings of insecurity. If the house is shifting, then it suggests that you are going through some personal changes and changing your belief system. If you live with others in your walking life, but dream that you are living alone, suggests that you need to take new steps toward independence. You need to accept responsibilities and be more self-reliant.

To see an old, run-down house in your dream, represents your old beliefs, attitudes and how you used to think or feel. A situation in your current life may be bringing about those same old attitudes and feelings. Alternatively, the old house may symbolize your need to update you mode of thinking. If the house is new, then it indicates that you are entering into a new phase or new area in your life.

((Haunted House))
To dream of a haunted house, signifies unfinished emotional business, related to your childhood family, dead relatives, or repressed memories and feelings.

Film/Movie
Dream Moods
(Film) To dream that you are watching a film, signifies that you are analyzing yourself and your own thoughts without being emotionally attached.

(Movie) To dream that you are watching a movie, suggests that you are watching life pass you by. Perhaps you are living vicariously through the actions of others. Consider also how the movie parallels to situations in your waking life. Observe how the characters relate to you and how they may represent an aspect of yourself.

To dream that you are playing a role in the movie, foretells that something from your unconscious is about to emerge or be revealed. It may also represent memories of images or scenes from your past. Alternatively, the dream may be pointing you toward a new role that you might be undertaking. Your unconscious is psychologically preparing you for this new role.

Unfortunately, I cannot find anything specifically on sets. In any case, there's a transformation from something being unreal to real. It might point to viewing something from the outside and then (suddenly) becoming a part of it.

Zombie
Death. Automaton. Parts of your greater self are stalking you.

Dream Moods
To dream that you are a zombie, denotes that you are physically and/or emotionally detached from people and situations that are currently surrounding you. You are out of touch. Alternatively, it may indicate that you are feeling dead inside and are simply going through the motions of daily living.

Chase
Sleeps.com's Dream Dictionary
If you see a chase in progress or if you participate in a chase you will look forward to a comfortable retirement and good health in your latter years. If fear is involved in this experience then you must test all the signs and employ meditation to seek the answer.

Dream Moods
To dream that you are being chases, signifies that you are avoiding a situation that you do not think is conquerable. It is often a metaphor for some form of insecurity. In particular, to dream that you are chased by an animal, represents your own unexpressed and unacknowledged anger which is being projected onto that animal. Alternatively, you may be running away from a primal urge or fear.
Indepth Analysis of Chase Dreams

6.5 You know I luv ya', right? blaugh heart  
The Owl's Roost | Resources and Services |

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas