Instant Kills with Marth Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ryukinzo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:08 pm
Roy Were-ForUniMare
That isn't a instant kill, thats called Intercept...
a.k.a a spike! Everyone has a similar attack, some people have to press down+A, and some forward....(I'm not telling this to you Roy, its to the guy who started this thread)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:54 pm
or you could just ledge hog, and when they get close press down then instantly jump and do dair where the edge is, much easier, you live. or you could just ledge hog and roll up so it counts you as still being on the ledge. or you could just not get on the ledge at all and do fsmash.  

felix45

~Ming Yun~

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:58 pm
Err...Luna slash (Marth's down-aerial) is not a meteor, but his dancing blade's third down slash is.

I think the correct term for what he said would be edgeguarding, but Marth definitely has better options. Like spamming downtilt when the person is trying to recover. usually they are knocked away too far to recover again.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:53 pm
I know its sad but marth deoesent have a instant kill move. some other chars can do that to like shiek or peach.  

vivi is my master

YoruTaro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:03 pm
except for fox he has no A spike.....HE HAS THE UNBEATABLE SHINE aka reflector lol  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:40 pm
Meteor smashes/spikes can be meteor cancelled by jumping or using your third jump after the one second that you are frozen during a meteor spike/smash. Jumping after a meteor is also called a meteor jump. Spikes can't be cancelled (one of the reason Falco's Dair is feared.)

The way you can tell if an attack is a meteor smash is if it has a slight glow before you use it, like Gannondorf's Dair or Mario's Fair.  

divine_chaos_demon

Keaton Koujou

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:35 am
uh,wow! i didn't know that! thanks alot! stare i knew that allready,so,
don't post moves ppl allready know about,plz.  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:49 pm
Yeah, Roy's deft of blade is really amazing. Like if you smash, if you hit them with the tip of your blade, they'll go more up, but if you hit them near the start of the blade, they'll go far. If you hit them in the middle, they'll go like every other smash attack.

It comfuses me because for me, Roy's intercept is better not TAP <-- A--It's better regular A  

ChaosGENE

LED_ZEP_guy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:28 pm
Meteor smash is ture. thats what it is. I lately have been up tilting them to get em weak and then short hop d- air. its pretty effective on level ones (lol) it might work on people i ahve tryed it yet but im gonna soon. u-tilt - d air.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:51 pm
Yeahhh...it's not called intercepting...It's called spiking...you know, like vollyball. Just about everyone can do it...except Yoshi...but we like Yoshi anyway.
And I have no idea what Divine is talking about, all I know is Ganon's a beast. And with that I have one simple thing to say...

POWER OVER SPEED

Oh...and when talking about Ganon, he's actually better than most people in the game. His "Diar" which I have no idea what it means is just a simple spike that does about 20-30%. Aside that, Ganondorf, when used correctly, is able to come over any speed handicap. He's not even that slow, anyway. I mean, if you use Ganondorf, and he's still slow, there's something wrong with you. I doubt there's many people who are able to take on 3 lvl 9 Falcos and win, but Im one of 'em...and I use Ganondorf

So, sorry about all this, but that's my little rant, get used to it ^^

(HOLY CRAP! I had no idea Ryu was in this guild)  

Shinsua

Wheezing Gekko

Kyrillos

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:59 pm
Actually, a Meteor Smash is classified as any attack that leaves the opponent unable to recover.

Performed under certain circumstances, Marth's down+a in midair is a Meteor Smash.

Another good combination for Marth is short hopping and getting the foe into the air. There's lots of goodness to do in the air, I prefer to juggle people with the UP+A in midair, as it's easy, and hard to recover when your hit by it.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:23 pm
Gus287
ok guys, this place is lookin pretty dead, so i decided to post something here.

Im going to explain to you guys how to make instant kills with marth.

press B, and then keep it pressed, and ...........

HAHAH KIDDING!

ok, heres how you do instant kills with marth. it requires timing, strategy, and some manual dexterity.

The best way to do this is when someone is trying to get back into the stage after falling out.

As someone is trying to come back in, run to the edge, and when they get close to the edge (but not actually touching it) jump of top of them and do an arial down A.

if you do it right, youll send them flying downward into the abyss.

EDIT:

oh yeah, i forgot. the thing about this is if you follow what i wrote up there, youll die too....

but you can stay alive if when you down and A, press the A button with the tip of your thumb (the area directly under your nail) and press the y (or is it x) on the right of the a button at the same time.

basically, jump at the same time you press down A (thats just how i do it described up there ^)

and afterwards, get back in the stage with a UP B attack

or you could be facing the stage and do a midair dodge. That's a lot less confusion.  

Spartan05089234

Unbeatable Genius

Dynasty_77

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:37 pm
yoshi's fair is a spike if im not mistaken, but its hella long to get out, kinda like marios fair i guess...ahh but this is my favorite thing to do in smash...for a kill at least, when im falco i like to jump out behind the opponent who is returning/ledgehop behind em instead of using a dair like someone mentioned, and immediately phantasm back to ledgestall, its a meteor spike, but it looks hella cool if done lol too bad it only work 1/10 times on a human being lolz  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:50 pm
Marth's dair isn't exactly a spike..  

Ronin_686

Gear Sage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:20 am
meh, i dont usually intercpet cuz its kind of a cheap a** move, but instead i combo the s**t out of my opponent (marth rulez!). comboing gets their damage up a good amout and by then you can usually just smash attack them and away they go!  
Techniques

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff