Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
Proof That Dumbeldore May Not Be Dead Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Supergirl126

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:50 pm
Snape is a mysterious character. Dumbledore is a mysterious character. Snape killing Dumbledore is not a mysterious conspiracy.

I read that website a while ago, and I just laughed myself silly.
Here are my reasons why Dumbledore is Dead:

1. When it says that Dumbledore said that he could make it look like they killed Draco and Narcissa it was more like faking they're death by false clues, or killing death eaters that had taken a polyjuice potion to make them look like Draco and Narcissa when found, not the whole spell or potion that slows your breathing down enough for people to think you were dead.

2. So what if he flew up into the air rather than fall over looking scared. First of all, Dumbledore wasn't scared, he was never scared of death. 2nd of all, Maybe Snape put so much... oomph into the spell that Dumbledore was thrown into the air before falling. Or maybe he only did the deed with enough conviction to kill him, but not enough to produce the proper effect....

3. The astronomy tower is over 100 feet high. At least 10 stories. If you fell off the Astronomy tower, would you live? Highly doubtful. Especially if you were as weak and most likely already dead as Dumbledore. Besides, as said before "NO spell whatsoever can bring the dead back to life".

4. Rowling wouldn't fake his death only for him to come back long enough to help Harry before he kills Voldemort. Anyway, It just wouldn't make sense, she would totally be ripping off LotR. I would hate her for not being original.

5. I said so.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:57 pm
Btw, I heart Dumbledore with all my heart . I don't want him to be dead, but it makes sense. The closest thing we have to Dumbledore now is his portrait.  

Supergirl126

Supergirl126

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:01 pm
comfortably_dumb
As much as I love Dumbledore (and as much as I loved Sirius when everybody was running around, saying that he wasn't really dead), I think that he is actually dead. Dumbledore was loosing some of his strenght and power.. he wasn't as good as he used to be, and if it had been maybe a year earlier, then it might have been a different case. Harry needs to be out on his own, and Jo is probably not about ready to re-write a death, saying that it never really happened.

Thank you.

I just have to keep saying stuff, don't I?
One more

k ! w !
So the clues don't make you think like, at all?

A. What clues?
B. Have you ever heard of Red Herrings?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:51 am
I'm not totally sure what I think, but I have about three ideas.
1. Dumbledore isn't dead; either he was able to block the curse somehow (highly improbable) or Snape wasn't actually using Avada Kedavra, just saying it. So he fell over the side, slowed his fall, retrieved his wand, etc. And now he's out there, watching Harry behind the scenes, but not revealing himself so that Harry will go on alone. Then after Voldemort's defeated, he'll show up at the celebration party as though coming back from the dead. But he won't REALLY be coming back from the dead, 'cause he never really died.
2. Dumbledore IS dead; Snape killed him on Dumbledore's own orders. Reason: so Voldemort would come out into the open (not afraid anymore) and so Harry would be urged onward and would learn how to grow up (and boy does he need it! lol).
3. My least favorite of the three: everything is exactly what it seems. Dumbledore was killed by Snape because Snape hated him, and was doing it under Voldemort's orders. For one thing, I find this the least interesting option, and for another, I WANT SNAPE TO BE SEMI-GOOD!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, and even if Dumby's actually dead, he will never leave us until none here remain who are loyal to him. Ha. So there.  

Griselda Banks

Umi Celes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:54 pm
he better be dead......if it is one man we should never trust in the HP books it has been dear old Dumbledore himself...............

but for you Dumbledore lovers, and those who just don't like seeing people dead.....think on Snapes number one talent=potions and his intro to us all in HP1....stopper in death, take it as you want.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:15 pm
Supergirl126
Snape is a mysterious character. Dumbledore is a mysterious character. Snape killing Dumbledore is not a mysterious conspiracy.

1. When it says that Dumbledore said that he could make it look like they killed Draco and Narcissa it was more like faking they're death by false clues, or killing death eaters that had taken a polyjuice potion to make them look like Draco and Narcissa when found, not the whole spell or potion that slows your breathing down enough for people to think you were dead.

2. So what if he flew up into the air rather than fall over looking scared. First of all, Dumbledore wasn't scared, he was never scared of death. 2nd of all, Maybe Snape put so much... oomph into the spell that Dumbledore was thrown into the air before falling. Or maybe he only did the deed with enough conviction to kill him, but not enough to produce the proper effect....

3. The astronomy tower is over 100 feet high. At least 10 stories. If you fell off the Astronomy tower, would you live? Highly doubtful. Especially if you were as weak and most likely already dead as Dumbledore. Besides, as said before "NO spell whatsoever can bring the dead back to life".

4. Rowling wouldn't fake his death only for him to come back long enough to help Harry before he kills Voldemort. Anyway, It just wouldn't make sense, she would totally be ripping off LotR. I would hate her for not being original.

5. I said so.

Dear Supergirl126,

I love you. You're my hero.

love,
comfortably_dumb

comfylove

Rose Malfoy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:53 pm
he is definatly dead but Istill do not think Sirius is  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:59 pm
Caligula_Demon~Apothecary
I believe that Snape didn't betray him or purposely kill him and it was planned, however, I do believe he is indeed dead.

You, I like smile  

LadyNyaruInfinity

LadyNyaruInfinity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:01 pm
Albus Dumbledore is as dead as God is to Catholics. Okay, bad example. But still:

Dumbledore = dead, THE END.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:40 pm
Sorry to those that don't want to believe this but Dumbledore Is Dead
I've looked at that kook's site before and if you notice he changes event s to help support his ideas and completely leaves out other events that disprove his theories.
I'm not even going to get into his conspiracy thoeries where he tries to link unrelated things together to come up with some off the wall ideas.  

cyniclee

Supergirl126

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:46 am
comfortably_dumb
Supergirl126

5. I said so.

Dear Supergirl126,

I love you. You're my hero.

love,
comfortably_dumb

Thank you. I love people who aren't insane. Love for you.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:55 pm
Quote:
Why did Dumbledore freeze Harry? Harry was already invisible to their attackers and in no danger.

The only explanation could be that Dumbledore already knew, had already planned, that he would die this night (or appear to die), and not only did he not want Harry to become involved and possibly be injured himself,

Dumbledore did this so Harry would not interfere and hurt himself, yes. The person sort of back up on this one. Harry could just of easily thrown off his cloak and ran toward Dumbledore in blind panic when he died.

Quote:
Snape raised his wand and pointed it directly at Dumbledore. "Avada Kedavra!" A jet of green light shot from the end of Snape's wand and hit Dumbledore squarely in the chest. Harry's scream of horror never left him; silently he was forced to watch as Dumbledore was blasted into the air. For a split second, he seemed to hang suspended beneath the shining skull, and then he slowly fell backward, like a great rag doll, over the battlements and out of sight. (HBP pg 596/556)

Why would this application of the Avada Kedavra be so different from every other time we've seen it?

This was ment simply for drama. Dumbledore couldn't have survived a fall from the tower anyway, could he?

Quote:
Are we so easily to forget that phoenix tears have powerful healing powers?

Significantly, it is the healer, Madame Pomfrey, who is brought to tears by the phoenix song. She knows the healing power of the phoenix well.

Least we forget it was Dumbledore who said nothing can bring a person back from the dead

The others were interesting enough, and although I can't think of anything to argue with (as I don't have any of the books with me this very second and I don't feel like looking stuff up just to prove my point) I have to disagree. Although some would say it's a hint, and I can't exactly word it right, supposivly the ministry was/is working on ways to bring back people from the dead. I THINK the veil Sirius fell through was something they were working on of the sort.

I have nothing to say other then that.  

Ashley-Damei

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

ofbittersweetmemories

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:51 pm
I agree that the veil's going to be a big part in the 7th book, on the other hand, I disagree w/ the masses and state that dumbledore could definitely be alive. Snape had to do SOMETHING HUGE to make Dumbledore trust him so, which was never explained in the previous six books. I think that Dumbledore died since he is who Voldemort fears most. I think that Dumbledore's fake death will lure Voldemort out and cause him to act rash in some ways, lowering his gaurd. I don't know the exact details of course so I don't want to think out the exact plot. But in all, Dumbledore's alive.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:51 pm
how do you post pictures i really want to learn someone please email me and ggive me step by step please someone ill be for ever grateful  

phoenix2storm

siriuslyriddikulus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:48 am
I think that site is really good. It made me lean to the possibility that he's not dead.  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff