I'm still getting it!
View Results

Lycos Devanos

7,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:44 am
They won't be doing dual wielding >.> That would just lame the game up. And it should be recommended that people play the original Fable before moving onto the third. Anyway the third looks awesome but they are taking away a lot of features that made it Fable >< Like no more experience or health bars.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:06 am
Well, it could have been cool... dual pistols particularly.  

rockfever

Lycos Devanos

7,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:12 pm
If you want dual wielding go play a shooter. This is an rpg and besides if you were to dual wield the guns like they have in the times of fable you would have trouble reloading. Dual wielding pistols only truly works in modern/futuristic games cause they reload easily.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:01 am
They already invented guns in Fable 2, maybe they'll invent a new device that makes reloading guns much easier in Fable 3.  

rockfever

Lycos Devanos

7,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:56 pm
They won't. Fable 3 is set 50 years after Fable 2. And its still barely at the beginning of the era when guns were invented. It would take them about 200-300 years to be able to figure out how to make guns reload better. Heck look at real life humans. We still had the muskets and during the wars. Now dual wielding swords in a Fable game could be understandable as it was done back in those times.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:47 pm
I think you should rather say "They probably won't". The developers can still do anything.

And you can do lots of stuff in 50 years. Keep in mind that Albion isn't like the real world.  

rockfever

Lycos Devanos

7,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:06 pm
Considering the game is due out around November and they are already over half way done. I have seen the footage. If they changed it to allow dual wielding then it would require a ton more work having to change interface to allow dual wielding for both male and female, fat and skinny, good and evil etc etc. I follow everything about the Fable series because I'm a true fan of it. I keep myself up to date on all info that comes available.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:42 am
Well, hopefully they'll make dual wielding in future games.  

rockfever

Lycos Devanos

7,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:32 pm
The only thing they are likely to bring out for dual wielding will be swords. Fable is a fantasy game based around knights, kings, lords etc etc. Since its based around those and they could never have dual wielded(which they could have with crossbows) they are unlikely to bring it into anything to do with Fable. The games have a theme currently with their weapons which is: One melee weapon and one ranged weapon.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:29 am
I'm pretty sure they'll change that. Peter himself said in an interview that too much of a same thing makes the game boring.

I also think you shouldn't talk like you know what will happen, because you don't. Unless you work for Lionhead or something.  

rockfever

Lycos Devanos

7,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:22 pm
He has also said in another interview that Fable will never become modern as it will take away from the fantasy side of the games.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:27 am
Yes, but I meant the combat system.

Well, you can say whatever you want, but I still think dual wielding would be really cool and possible to have in Fable.  

rockfever

Lycos Devanos

7,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:03 pm
The combat system is based upon that of the fantasy style its set in. To bring in dual wielding would bring it into a modern theme.

As for Fable III heres some tidbits of information:

-The HUD is removed making the world your health bar
-You can use customizable characters in co-op instead of henchmen
-Your weapons change depending on how you use them.
-No more horns or halo for good/evil characters. Now there is the Extreme Morph.
-Dynamic Touch is a key part to being a great leader/king/queen
-Fable III is being made to use the Xbox 360 controller but is said to have Project Natal aspects.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:19 am
Lycos_Ex_Mortis
-No more horns or halo for good/evil characters. Now there is the Extreme Morph.

Do you mean the thing with the wings?

It would be nice that if you were evil you wouldn't have to have those horns with you all the time and same with the halo...  

rockfever

Lycos Devanos

7,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:03 pm
The wings are part of the extreme morph. Now the horns/halo are part of an expression.  
Fable 2

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff