Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Do you believe in soulmates? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you believe in soulmates?
Yes
72%
 72%  [ 34 ]
No
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
Maybe/ I don't know
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 47

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:36 am
EbonyxXxDiamond
Ok, some of u guys are misunderstanding. when i say 'soulmate' i mean 'mate of the soul'. it dosent have to be a ROMANTIC mate. maybe its a friend ar sibling, or even a pet. just...a soulmate.
does that make sense?

Hmmm, that makes sense. I can see using the term "soulmate" as an expression to mean anyone that you get along with especially well.

But as far as being destined for each other, I don't care for that. I can demonstrate an experiment that will show that good or excellent matches are bound to happen often enough due to sheer chance. Now, I believe in using Occam's Razor, so when something can be adequately explained by chance, I'm going to go with that instead of other forces. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:18 pm
Personally I don’t really believe in "soul mates". People fall in love all the time, and people throw away perfectly good relationships thinking that they are soul mates. Just let love take its normal course I’d say.  

BlackDragon20

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:05 am
BlackDragon20
Personally I don’t really believe in "soul mates". People fall in love all the time, and people throw away perfectly good relationships thinking that they are soul mates. Just let love take its normal course I’d say.
u didnt read my sidenote....
ONCE AGAIN!
A 'soulmate' does not have to be romantic. its just a mate of the soul, guys.
i have a soulmate that i would NEVER think of like that(especially cuz i dont like girls) but were still soulmates.
perhaps it would be easier to call her my soul sister?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:17 pm
I believe in soul mates. I don't think many people actually find their soul mates for any number of reasons. But I do believe it is possible. Although the way society is today the chances are even less likely. In my opinion society has defiled the words "soul mate" just like they have with "love" and "hate" and etc. So I don't blame anyone that can't believe in a soul mate when so many people swear up and down they "love" the person they just started dating.  

Talesofbiro

khlouiie-nicole

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:27 pm
well. for me (I am a wiccan witch) I do believe in SOULMATES

I believe that everyone who is born gets a tree and all the branches represent all the perfect people for them and all the leaves are the people inmprtant to them. =D  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:28 pm
but if you think about it there is no such thing as love because it is a chemical that comes from the brain soo... IDK lol  

khlouiie-nicole

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Aislin Artiers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:15 pm
Personally, I do believe in soulmates, but that it is a term that is used inappropriately in most situations. If a two people truly are soulmates, and meant to be together, there will be no breakups or divorce simply because they were meant to be together and things will work themselves out. The real question is whether someone can recognize a true soulmate from just another interest.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:05 pm
I believe in soulmates! I believe that we are destined to be with someone. I believe your soulmate is someone you've known in a past life and fell inlove with. I've heard this saying I just don't know where, "True love lives on even in death!"  

Lilith Marie Raventhorne

solemnsockmonkey

5,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:13 pm
RubyLight
While it is a lovely idea, I have a difficult time accepting it. Then again, think of how often the term is used and the variety of situations it may describe. The majority of uses of such a term undermine it's concept and meaning. I couldn't even count how many "soulmates" broke up or devorced. rolleyes Honestly, I wish I could believe that people were destined, however the reality makes it appear impossible in my oppinion.

I don't believe in the term as a strict spiritual phenomenon or to be taken literally. I do believe that you can find a mate so perfect for you (forever, for a time, whatever floats your boat) that it feels like Destiny. I use the term casually, and it does apply to how my husband and I both feel about our relationship but it's not something I think of as a literal occurrence.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:32 am
i do believe in soulmates. by that i mean that every single person out there has at least one other person out there who it seems like they were made to be a perfect match. heart  

warhead1029

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:38 pm
ok, well u all make good points. but im going to throw a wrench in the gears here and tell you all this~my xboyfriend, i swore up and down he was my soulmate. i even asked my pendulum if he was, and it said yes. but we broke up. whats up with that?
and i also think that sometimes people dont know theyve found their soulmate. like, one person will, but the other wont know.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:45 am
I have had many cases like this. I found many soulmates: My three best friends, my ex boyfriend and my current boyfriend.

I'm still friends with my ex, and he's like a son to me, so he calls me mom.

So yes, I do believe in soulmates.  

violentraine

IRL Bloodsucker

7,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200

goddess_elppy

Feline Fairy

8,475 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:42 pm
Everyone else can watch as their dreams untie . . .

I believe in what I call a "soul family" where souls who have been reincarnated together in many lives help each other to grow and progress on their spiritual path, as lovers, friends, even enemies. It's an ever-changing amount; possibly hundreds, maybe just a handful at times. I know I've shared a past life with two of my best friends before, and possibly one of the girls that I work with. I think that a soulmate as a romantic notion is just one of fantasy and not actually of reality. I do think, though, that it is possible to be with someone that you were with in a past life as well, which could explain why you were drawn to him or her.

. . . so why can't I?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:16 pm
heart I believe in soulmates ha ha xd lol  

zoeyg1

Daearen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:37 pm
I believe that some people's energies are more compatible with some than others.
I love the energy that my boyfriend gives off. But then again I don't think we are "soul mates" its much to really to think about that xD

devilerina101
there is no such thing as love because it is a chemical

I would like to believe that love is more than just a chemical =/  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games