Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Barru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:42 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Barru
Since the obvious reference to Futurama, I must plug the network premere(sp?) of Bender's Game next Sunday.

I saw the Handguns episode of Lock N' Load, I noticed a red line on the Gunny's head at one clip but it didn't strike me.
I went into Gander the other day and started BSing with one of the guys there and the show came up.

He said that in one of the clips you see a line of blood on the Gunny's head after he fires one of the pistols.
O.O

I can't remember which one, either the .500 S&W or the .44 Magnum, probably the .500.

s**t, if the .500 can best the Gunny...
eek

The thing is it was only in the one clip and they didn't even talk about it afterwards.
I guess the Gunny and the cameraman had a little chat.
It was probably the .44, due to the way he was firing it. He fired it kneeling so that he could get a reading on the speed of the bullet.

From the slowmo replay it didnt really look like he hit himself.
Maybe that's how they cropped it though.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:35 am
Barru
Requiem in Mortis
Barru
Since the obvious reference to Futurama, I must plug the network premere(sp?) of Bender's Game next Sunday.

I saw the Handguns episode of Lock N' Load, I noticed a red line on the Gunny's head at one clip but it didn't strike me.
I went into Gander the other day and started BSing with one of the guys there and the show came up.

He said that in one of the clips you see a line of blood on the Gunny's head after he fires one of the pistols.
O.O

I can't remember which one, either the .500 S&W or the .44 Magnum, probably the .500.

s**t, if the .500 can best the Gunny...
eek

The thing is it was only in the one clip and they didn't even talk about it afterwards.
I guess the Gunny and the cameraman had a little chat.
It was probably the .44, due to the way he was firing it. He fired it kneeling so that he could get a reading on the speed of the bullet.

From the slowmo replay it didnt really look like he hit himself.
Maybe that's how they cropped it though.
Nothing hit him, he's just so awesome that not all of him could stay inside one human body for any longer. It's like autotrepanation, but less gory.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:32 am
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Freak_090
Fresnel
Freak_090
Desert_Fox_Rommel
If it were Obama I wouldn't care. Now telling FDR something like that... no chance.

lol,
But, Mr. President (FDR) some people say that you love bears "too much," what do you say to this?

FDR: "Some people just don't get it, even bears, raccoons, dogs, cats, and rabbits need loving too."
Wrong Roosevelt. wink
Meh, you'll have to excuse me for not thinking during my break from school... I should have known that. I'm not getting the reference to Franklin though.
He was a cripple that single handedly got us through a depression and a world war. If that's not badass then what is?
I have little respect for the man due to the Social Security bullshit he lied about. Yeah he won a war, yeah he fixed a pretty bullshit time to live, but that doesn't affect my life every goddamned day like ******** SOCIAL SECURITY does.
What social security was intended to be and what it has become are two different things. Remember he's been dead for 65 years now. Since then the government has ******** social security over. It's not his fault he couldn't keep it in line. Blame congress for stealing from the cookie jar. Blame them for raising the bar of eligibility. Blame them for stopping the working mans cost of living increase while they get their increases twice a year on a larger scale than we do. Blame the social security office for refusing to give us our social security while giving it to illegal Mexicans who don't do s**t to help. Don't blame FDR for implementing the idea.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:18 am
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Freak_090
Fresnel
Wrong Roosevelt. wink
Meh, you'll have to excuse me for not thinking during my break from school... I should have known that. I'm not getting the reference to Franklin though.
He was a cripple that single handedly got us through a depression and a world war. If that's not badass then what is?
I have little respect for the man due to the Social Security bullshit he lied about. Yeah he won a war, yeah he fixed a pretty bullshit time to live, but that doesn't affect my life every goddamned day like ******** SOCIAL SECURITY does.
What social security was intended to be and what it has become are two different things. Remember he's been dead for 65 years now. Since then the government has ******** social security over. It's not his fault he couldn't keep it in line. Blame congress for stealing from the cookie jar. Blame them for raising the bar of eligibility. Blame them for stopping the working mans cost of living increase while they get their increases twice a year on a larger scale than we do. Blame the social security office for refusing to give us our social security while giving it to illegal Mexicans who don't do s**t to help. Don't blame FDR for implementing the idea.
No, I'm talking about FDR being the father of Identity Theft. He told us that our SSN would be used for Social Security, and nothing more. It would NEVER be a government identification number. Then BEFORE THE YEAR WAS OUT, he sent out a presidential order to have people identified by their SSNs. Trust me, if my SSN was only used for social security, I'd have no problem with it, but have you filled out a job application recently? Two out of three ask for your SSN, many online ones demand a valid one. WHAT THE ********? Thanks, FDR, for forcing me to put my life, future, and reputation in the hands of dozens of faceless, nameless people that I HAVE TO TRUST.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:12 am
Assasin Monkey
Requiem in Mortis

Anyways, now that's out of the way, anyone else watching the episode about helicopters tonight?

Dude did yall watch it i cant believe the gunny said "The AK-47 the original bad guy gun" come on the last thing the AK needs is for the gunny to be down on it. I always get s**t for my Wasr-10 at the range.

But I gotta admit I lost some respect for The Gunney when he started promoting Glock.....

Whatever hope I had for the plastic pistol dissapeared when I saw the slow-mo firing. The thing shook like it was made of ******** jello.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:13 am
Ooops wrong movie, made so many I lost track.

Anyway, WIld Green Yonder is the new one. Next Sunday at 9, 8 central.  

Barru

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:27 am
Man of the Demoneye
Assasin Monkey
Requiem in Mortis

Anyways, now that's out of the way, anyone else watching the episode about helicopters tonight?

Dude did yall watch it i cant believe the gunny said "The AK-47 the original bad guy gun" come on the last thing the AK needs is for the gunny to be down on it. I always get s**t for my Wasr-10 at the range.

But I gotta admit I lost some respect for The Gunney when he started promoting Glock.....

Whatever hope I had for the plastic pistol dissapeared when I saw the slow-mo firing. The thing shook like it was made of ******** jello.
You know the barrel popping up like that is a design feature, right? H&K does it too. Makes for easier loading.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:50 am
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Freak_090
Fresnel
Wrong Roosevelt. wink
No, I'm talking about FDR being the father of Identity Theft. He told us that our SSN would be used for Social Security, and nothing more. It would NEVER be a government identification number. Then BEFORE THE YEAR WAS OUT, he sent out a presidential order to have people identified by their SSNs. Trust me, if my SSN was only used for social security, I'd have no problem with it, but have you filled out a job application recently? Two out of three ask for your SSN, many online ones demand a valid one. WHAT THE ********? Thanks, FDR, for forcing me to put my life, future, and reputation in the hands of dozens of faceless, nameless people that I HAVE TO TRUST.
Then your program is with government identification rather than the social security program itself.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:05 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Then your program is with government identification rather than the social security program itself.
Yes and no. It's that we were told that we would never have a government ID number, and by the end of that same year, we had a government ID number... and what's worse, there's no protection on it short of secrecy. If that's not a blatant and needless lie, what is?

The actual social security, that is, saving money for later generations, isn't that bad, though I find it retarded that I pay for some old geezer's hooch, even if his great-grandkids will do the same for me one day. Sorry, but I'd rather live off my OWN money.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:04 pm
Fresnel
The actual social security, that is, saving money for later generations, isn't that bad, though I find it retarded that I pay for some old geezer's hooch, even if his great-grandkids will do the same for me one day. Sorry, but I'd rather live off my OWN money.
it does this to protect you and your eventual lifestyle from inflation rates tho right?

right now, your paying current valued money to the old man that worked for his money back when it was worth past (lower) value so that he can still live in the style he is accustomed to, and worked for... and in the future, ur money will be the past (lower) value and some young p***k will be paying you in higher future value so that you can still live in the style that you will have become accustomed to and worked for...  

Maddness91

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:40 pm
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye
Assasin Monkey
Requiem in Mortis

You know the barrel popping up like that is a design feature, right? H&K does it too. Makes for easier loading.

Actually, I meant the whole bottom half of the frame was doing that.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:33 pm
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Yes and no. It's that we were told that we would never have a government ID number, and by the end of that same year, we had a government ID number... and what's worse, there's no protection on it short of secrecy. If that's not a blatant and needless lie, what is?

I can see the problem with the ID#, but still for all the bad he still did a hell of a lot of good. At least he didn't try to strip us of our constitutional rights like other presidents.

I can understand wanting to make and live off your own money, but in a sense you really are. You are putting your money in a proverbial cookie jar and when it comes time to retire you are living off of the cookie jar fund at least in theory. It's better than having no retirement fund at all. If you have nothing you have to work till you die. Should some unforeseen event happen that severely disables you so you can't work then you are really in trouble.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:36 pm
Maddness91
Fresnel
it does this to protect you and your eventual lifestyle from inflation rates tho right?

right now, your paying current valued money to the old man that worked for his money back when it was worth past (lower) value so that he can still live in the style he is accustomed to, and worked for... and in the future, ur money will be the past (lower) value and some young p***k will be paying you in higher future value so that you can still live in the style that you will have become accustomed to and worked for...
Banks have inflation protection too. They call it 'interest'. Of course interest isn't worth s**t now (I make .5%), but seventy years ago it wasn't bad.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:42 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel

I can see the problem with the ID#, but still for all the bad he still did a hell of a lot of good. At least he didn't try to strip us of our constitutional rights like other presidents.

I can understand wanting to make and live off your own money, but in a sense you really are. You are putting your money in a proverbial cookie jar and when it comes time to retire you are living off of the cookie jar fund at least in theory. It's better than having no retirement fund at all. If you have nothing you have to work till you die. Should some unforeseen event happen that severely disables you so you can't work then you are really in trouble.
He also subverted the people's will with the Lend/Lease act and humped us into a war we had no business joining by taunting the Japanese and pulling technicalities. Sure it was all for the greater good in the end, but the ends never justify the means. Every great president I've ever liked turned out to be an a*****e under all the hype. Even Lincoln crushed the 10th Amendment under his jackboot. I'm starting to doubt Washington and Jefferson. Though they do have the advantage of being the guys who FATHERED our government, so they have little reason to go against it.

That's what 401k's and IRAs are for. Get a job that pays a living wage, use what would normally go to social security and toss it in an investment fund, and you're guaranteed the system will still be there when you retire. Can you say the same about Social Security? And the best part is that if you CAN'T get a job that pays a living wage, at least it pays a bit better than it would have otherwise. ******** my future, I'm starving NOW.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Maddness91

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:17 pm
Fresnel
Maddness91
Fresnel

Banks have inflation protection too. They call it 'interest'. Of course interest isn't worth s**t now (I make .5%), but seventy years ago it wasn't bad.
interest has never kept up with inflation rates... if it did, the banks wouldn't make money really... if the banks gave back the 7% (or w/e the world growth rate is) back directly into interest rates, yes, they may still gain monetary value through there regular means, but while the dollar lost value, they would basically hover in actual real world worth... and that;s not what businesses want to do...  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff