Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Help
Wig Help Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jacky Strider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:39 pm
salsababy2889
Phyre Nyx
Does anyone have an idea for a Grimmjow wig I can use...?
I'm thinking about using this one --> http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?productid=16468&cat=0&page=1<--, but one of my friends says that it's not that good. =
Anyone else have an idea...?

Well depending on how much you wanna spend...
http://www.hellocosplay.com/bleach-grimmjow-cosplay-wig-p-137.html

Yeah, I saw that one... It doesn't really look like his hair, though. =
Thank you, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:12 pm
Phyre Nyx
salsababy2889
Phyre Nyx
Does anyone have an idea for a Grimmjow wig I can use...?
I'm thinking about using this one --> http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?productid=16468&cat=0&page=1<--, but one of my friends says that it's not that good. =
Anyone else have an idea...?

Well depending on how much you wanna spend...
http://www.hellocosplay.com/bleach-grimmjow-cosplay-wig-p-137.html

Yeah, I saw that one... It doesn't really look like his hair, though. =
Thank you, though.

That wig looks like it would work well for grimmjow's hair. You just need to do a bit of styling. ^^  

xafantya

Proxy Fairy

Retarded Pony

5,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:05 pm
Ususally, when you would choose an anime character, you would pick one your favour.
My advice is to pick a character you like, but still have easy hair to alter.
Like, for example:
Misty from PokeMon
she's an awesome redhead who's only specialty is a ponytail.

If you ask me, go to a chinese honger/FOB guy and ask them to do the Sora or Roxas hair for you. They've had practise with this.
And I was aslo wondering:
Could you use clay instead of gel on the wigs? I don't like ultra shiny hair.
But if clay doesn't do well with wigs, then screw it.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:46 am
I am attempting to style a wig for Soul from Soul Eater. Does anyone have any advice?  

Sheep_Are_A_Myth

salsaplant

GO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:31 am
Three words: Tease and spray. Tease and spray to get those spikes-- It's much better than just holding the hair up and spraying the crap outta it. Teasing is just backcombing the hair to give it volume, so do that to build up the bit of height and then spray the spike into place.
Other than that, I'd look for tutorials online if there are any (then post it up here for the rest of us for future reference ;3 )

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:42 pm
I wanted to use this wig in 130(Red Auburn) for this cosplay. But I'm sure there is something better out there, any recommendations? And what/how to style like that without ruining the wig?

anjelier

hatarakitakunai

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:13 am
Wig tips:

-Style your own. It will save you money and the chance of paying a lot for a potentially poorly done wig (or one that's damaged in shipping). If you haven't styled the wig yourself in the first place, that also means you probably won't be able to fix it if the style starts to loosen or in the event of a horrible crushing accident. Styling a wig takes some work to get it right, but it's a great skill to have (and makes you a hit in dressing rooms when other people have crushing accidents.)

-Unless you want to do a number on your wig, remember that synthetic wigs don't hold up particularly well with products for real hair (not that real hair does either).

Synthetic wigs shouldn't be treated with harsh styling products, chemical hair dyes or heat. Very mild heat can be used in moderation, but tread carefully and use very low settings!

-washing in hot water and combing will take curl out of your wig

-rollers will put some curl in

-There are a wide range of products designed specifically for use with synthetic wigs ~ they set very quickly and wash out with nothing but water. They also smell very nice.

I recommend Prisila wig products (especially their styling spray).

-Be creative.

I got great results with Prisila products and a bit of creative curling and sewing on my Len wig... results I never could have gotten with backcombing and hairspray. The wig's held up for 4 events now and still looks more like the character's real hair than 90% of the others I've seen.

Just because it looks like spikes in a picture, doesn't mean spikes are your only option. looping hair around into a tight curl and then sewing it into itself in the wig cap will give you a stubby and remarkably resiliant spike with a ton of volume and a nice smooth look.

Approach the character design a few different ways and don't be afraid to experiment smile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:35 pm

Well like you, I'm rather wary of EBay, so here's a wig that should work off of Milanoo.com . They're a really inexpensive site and I've never had problems with them.

http://www.milanoo.com/Women's-100cm-Pink-Long-Straight-Wig-p13416.html

I can also give you a redemption code that will knock off $10 from the price, so that will be even more helpful in saving money :3

Is the quality suitable for cosplay for the price?  

DezzyDiamond

kinokashi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:43 am
How do you clean a wig if its made of kaneklon?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:08 pm
I really need help with this wig. It's a pretty simple matter, actually, but I can't seem to solve it.
I'm styling a wig for Larxene (Kingdom Hearts) and I've pretty much finished. I needed these antennae things on each side, and I've done that, except.... they won't stay up! They lay flat on the wig.
See all pictures:
This is how the front of the wig currently looks
See how they lay flat?

Well, I need both of them to look something like this
I need something that won't be visible. That's why wire isn't really working for me.  

Kurenai-Shinju

Synthetic Air

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:32 pm
So, I'm doing a mello cosplay, and I was wondering, which color would you guys recommend?
http://www.cosworx.com/pages.php?pageid=13
That's the color chart for the style of wig I'm getting, and I think I should get 27s (auburn blonde) but I'm not entirely sure. =/ (my computer has bad coloration, so I can't really tell if it's a good color or not)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:47 pm
i have a wig that needs help being straightened out (it is full of tangles), how can i do this with out pulling anymore hair fibers out. It is made from synthetic material.  

Veretix

8,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Storm17

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:46 pm
@kinokashi
I'd think that if would matter too much with kaneklon, just don't use really hot water since it's plastic and plastic melts.
http://www.wigsalon.com/wigwashalta.html

@kurenai-shinju
The best I can advise you to do is to find other Larxene cosplayers that have good wigs and ask them how they did it. However you could try messing with a lot of hairspray.

@nessus labs
I'm not sure whether he should be blonde or auburn blonde.
Try this thread it has wigs from cosworx in different colors pictures from people how purchased them. Different lightings too so you can see how they look.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=92997

@Veretix
Hot water
http://www.pettingzoowigs.com/wigtutorial_straightening.html  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:49 pm
Okay.. here's the problem, I finally got my Hatsune Miku cosplay, and my friend wanted to try the wig on. So, I let him. He got it all tangled, and when he tried to brush it for me to get the knots and tangles out, he made it ten times worse. Here's a picture of what the clip looks like compared to the good one:
[x]
I finally got most of the knots and tangles out of the bottom.. but as you can see, the worst part is all the way at the top. It looks like hell compared to my other clip. The wig cost me $69.00, and it's high quality of synthetic fibers. Is detangle spray going to make it worse? Can I even FIX the clip anymore? Someone said to try heat.. but I'm not going to do that. I really need help with this.. I have frizz at the bottom, but I'd rather deal with that then this entire mess. Ugh, this really pisses me off. =/ Oh, and this is where I bought the wig and the entire cosplay: [x]

Pleeease help. ;__;

mozfart

Millionaire

Storm17

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:15 pm
A bear with a knife
Okay.. here's the problem, I finally got my Hatsune Miku cosplay, and my friend wanted to try the wig on. So, I let him. He got it all tangled, and when he tried to brush it for me to get the knots and tangles out, he made it ten times worse. Here's a picture of what the clip looks like compared to the good one:
[x]
I finally got most of the knots and tangles out of the bottom.. but as you can see, the worst part is all the way at the top. It looks like hell compared to my other clip. The wig cost me $69.00, and it's high quality of synthetic fibers. Is detangle spray going to make it worse? Can I even FIX the clip anymore? Someone said to try heat.. but I'm not going to do that. I really need help with this.. I have frizz at the bottom, but I'd rather deal with that then this entire mess. Ugh, this really pisses me off. =/ Oh, and this is where I bought the wig and the entire cosplay: [x]

Pleeease help. ;__;

Oh wow that's a bit of a problem! From my experience you have to go at it with a comb (not a brush) preferably a wide toothed comb. Also wig detangle spray can be ordered of the internet and possibly found a Sally's or similar hair supply stores. Also wig shampoo works are well.
Also you want to work slowly and careful with you comb from bottom up.
I'm not sure if heat would help, I'd guess that it would just melt the wig but I could be wrong.

I hope that helps a little good luck!  
Cosplay Help

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces