Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Help
Prop Help Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Storm17

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:12 pm
For one of my costumes I'm making a back-pack flamethrower
and I've figured out most of what I'm planning to do however I
have a few pieces I'm unsure about.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The trigger, the handle thing (the thing on one of bottom of the barrels) and the tank thing. For the trigger and handle thing could I kill a toy gun for it or would it be better to just make one? And the tank it looks like what helium would come in but I'd like it not be metal any ideas? Thank you!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:19 pm
methuselah.alchemist
I've been wanting to make Edward Elric's Dragon Lance for a while now, but I really have no idea what to use. I thought maybe this Crayola Model Magic stuff for the dragon, but I don't know what would be best to use to make a lance out of.

Here's some ref. pics.

There's a figure of him with it. I'm looking for better pics of it.

There's one from Brotherhood, though I prefer the coloring from the first series. But I can paint it however, so that doesn't really matter I guess.

Okay, having trouble finding pictures if it, so here's two of mine. >.>
User Image

User Image

I don't know if this is the best way of doing this but you'll defiantly need a staff to start off with like a rod of wood, metal (curtain rod or shower rod) or a pvc pipe would work. You'll also need something to make the details on, remember what ever you use must be able to be supported by your staff and you'll have to carry it. You could use wood, craft foam(it's a little flimsy though you can reinforce it), scupley (it can break) and others if you want to know of more ideas if you don't like these or need more information you can ask for more or pm me. I hope I was a bit helpful sweatdrop  

Storm17

Tipsy Hoarder

Albus Rosarium

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:54 pm
    Okay, for my Grell Sutcliff cosplay I need to make his chainsaw {or this one since I can't seem to fins a better looking one on the Internet in my opinion} and I have no idea where to start. I have no idea what materials to use, metal weapons are prohibited, and I heard a dozen or so things to use it with; that and I have a feeling I am over thinking and making my head spin more so. I think the base of the machine would be made out of wood, but other than that I am stuck. e.o

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:58 pm
hio~
i was wondering if i could get help on how to make/ and or buy the megaphone from "love is war" miku vocaloid Pv
User Image
thank you  

loveless-kitty1993

Distinct Sex Symbol

4,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

Magsnetic_Huxling

6,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:10 pm
So I need some advice on building a weapon. I'm wanting to go to Kamikaze con for down here in Texas. But first I need to see the limitation on weapons because these are the weapons I'm thinking of because at the moment I am undecided on wtf I'm going to cosplay as. And each option has a weapon and I want to make it. So maybe if I can get an idea of the difficulty...I could better decide

-Squall Leonhart's gunblade
-Sephiroth's Masamune
-Marluxia's scythe

Refs.
Gunblade

Masamune

Marluxia's Scythe
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:58 pm
Xx Crusnik05 xX
So I need some advice on building a weapon. I'm wanting to go to Kamikaze con for down here in Texas. But first I need to see the limitation on weapons because these are the weapons I'm thinking of because at the moment I am undecided on wtf I'm going to cosplay as. And each option has a weapon and I want to make it. So maybe if I can get an idea of the difficulty...I could better decide

-Sephiroth's Masamune
-Marluxia's scythe

Refs.
Gunblade

Masamune

Marluxia's Scythe
GOnna say the Masamune is probably the easiest of those weapons, though it really depends on what you're good at.
I have made two of them myself:
first
second

Both of mine were made of bass wood, so they're nice and light. They are both scaled to the cosplayer who was carrying them, as con limitations will usually not allow you to have a full sized one anyhow smile

With the gunblade, I would consider making a papermache skeleton for it, and putting thermo plastic over it. Really, you could just do it entirely out of cardboard and papermache (paperclay or celluclay) but I think the plastic will help give it that metallic look better. Also, if you can make it hollow (or partially so) it will lighten it some.

For the scythe, PVC pipe, since it can be curved. Then either cardboard and papermache (the cheaper way) or wonderflex (more expencive) for the blade.

That's just how I would approach it though.. I have yet to make a gunblade or a scythe like that smile  

Gennivieve

Actually_Bad

Dapper Shade

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:37 am
Alrighty, so! I'm looking to go to Fanime in a few months as Aoshi Shinomori from Rurouni Kenshin, and I actually got my hands on a fairly well done outfit. One problem! His double kodachi. Normally, I'd try to be lazy and buy one... yeah, not nearly that rich. Any suggestions as to making one?

This is what I mean, if you want to know. The bottom one is supposed to look like it's just a part of the sheath.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6b/Aoshi-030.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:09 am
I'm going to cosplay China from Axis Powers Hetalia and i need help with his Wok and Spoon. (sorry i couldn't find a picture).
I need the Wok to be small enough and light enough to carry around all day and to be potentially tied to the back basket. So my question is, how should i make the Wok?
For the spoon i was thinking of just getting a regular wooden spoon.
Thank you  

Veretix

8,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Sephiroths samurai girl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:16 am
Veretix
I'm going to cosplay China from Axis Powers Hetalia and i need help with his Wok and Spoon. (sorry i couldn't find a picture).
I need the Wok to be small enough and light enough to carry around all day and to be potentially tied to the back basket. So my question is, how should i make the Wok?
For the spoon i was thinking of just getting a regular wooden spoon.
Thank you

The best way would be to paper mache a balloon. Any other method, such as foam, would make it difficult to get a nice round shape.
How small does it need to be though? I've seen quite a few really tiny woks in supermarkets. There's a little 8 inch one on ebay for $10 along with some bigger ones.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:33 am
@Sephiroths samurai girl thanks for the advise. I'll look around for a small Wok, but the paper mache idea is a great one!  

Veretix

8,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Gennivieve

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:02 am
Distorted_R e a l i t ii
Alrighty, so! I'm looking to go to Fanime in a few months as Aoshi Shinomori from Rurouni Kenshin, and I actually got my hands on a fairly well done outfit. One problem! His double kodachi. Normally, I'd try to be lazy and buy one... yeah, not nearly that rich. Any suggestions as to making one?

This is what I mean, if you want to know. The bottom one is supposed to look like it's just a part of the sheath.

Hmm. That is an interesting one. The only thing I can think of off hand, is making it like any other sword (wood or whatever your choice materials are, butcher some plastic swords, whatever) but the sheath would have to be thick enough to accommodate both blades.. and for ease of situating them, I would offset each blade a tad from the hilt.

To make the second blade look like it was just part of the sheath until you pulled it.. well, just make the sheath to your desired length and then cut off the end and use it as the hilt for the second sword. I don't have time to make an image at the moment, but please let me know if this makes any sense, because if it doesn't, I can whip up an image later smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:32 pm
Gennivieve
Distorted_R e a l i t ii

Hmm. That is an interesting one. The only thing I can think of off hand, is making it like any other sword (wood or whatever your choice materials are, butcher some plastic swords, whatever) but the sheath would have to be thick enough to accommodate both blades.. and for ease of situating them, I would offset each blade a tad from the hilt.

To make the second blade look like it was just part of the sheath until you pulled it.. well, just make the sheath to your desired length and then cut off the end and use it as the hilt for the second sword. I don't have time to make an image at the moment, but please let me know if this makes any sense, because if it doesn't, I can whip up an image later smile

Actually, very helpful! Thank you very much.

Actually_Bad

Dapper Shade

Lolita_Doll_Sakurai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:27 am

I mostly work with wood only they can become pretty heavy ^^; right now I've done 2 blades for Cloud AC and am I working on a blade for Emil. That's no problem at all but any tips and idea's how to get it in a holder on my back o.o?
I'm really stuck here since it's probably to heavy for on my cloths and I don't want a visible belt.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:50 am
Xx Crusnik05 xX

-Sephiroth's Masamune
-Marluxia's scythe

Refs.
Gunblade

Masamune

Marluxia's Scythe

I'm also a Marluxia cosplayer. The best advice I could give you is make the handle out of PVC pipe. For the curve in the handle fill the pipe with hot water and bend it to you desired curve. For the blade carve it out of instilation foam and then paper mache it to make it stronger. Then obviously paint it.  

B10ndevamp

Tinfoil Paoupou

6,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:06 pm
Lolita_Doll_Sakurai

I mostly work with wood only they can become pretty heavy ^^; right now I've done 2 blades for Cloud AC and am I working on a blade for Emil. That's no problem at all but any tips and idea's how to get it in a holder on my back o.o?
I'm really stuck here since it's probably to heavy for on my cloths and I don't want a visible belt.

User Image
. . .

I can't quite tell because your reference is in motion, but as it was loading I noticed that the sheath comes up just to the cross in the back of those two black and yellow belts at the hip. The white satchel/pouch is also attached there, so far as I can tell.

. . .

Cosplay Help

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces