Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Help
Cosplay Help Thread-- Videogame Characters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cariella

Questionable Shopper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:52 am
Lilith Dragon Witch
@Cariella: I cosplayed as Zoey and I just went into herbertt sports and got a simple sweat jacket. easy to find in work out clothing.

Thanks!
I'll have to go on another shopping hunt. xD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:54 pm
I'm going to be going as tonberry from Final Fantasy but I'm not sure how to make the head.

Should it be out of paper mache? Foam? Or something else?
Any help is appreciated.  

Rishiki

Myopsida

Demonic Dabbler

9,475 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:26 pm
Rishiki
I'm going to be going as tonberry from Final Fantasy but I'm not sure how to make the head.

Should it be out of paper mache? Foam? Or something else?
Any help is appreciated.

Paper Mache can be tricky but if done correctly, looks really good. It probably doesn't breathe too well though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:02 pm
For those who have played Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 know who I am talking about.

The thing I need help on is what is cheap and effective to make my skin pale for this cosplay. Something I can pick up at a store and not order online.  

Ashta Nightrayne

FoxTailAngel

Shameless Businesswoman

5,000 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:08 pm
@Little Dragon Witch : Try going to a costume store, or a party store. Look for white face or body makeup, and put just a little on (not to big of coats), to make it look pale and not to white. : 3  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:10 pm
Well, the closes party store/ costume store is like... 1-2 hours away @,@.
I hate livin in the country sometimes  

Ashta Nightrayne

sweetheartpucca

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:48 am
Hey Oh!
I am currently doing a Link cosplay from Ocarina of time. It's going pretty well, and I have a good base. (As in the Tunic is finished xd )
I also have the shield completed.
Here's some pics.
User Image
Shield

User Image
Here's the actual tunic. (And the loser wearing it sweatdrop )

I just was wodering if anyone could give me some feedback as to how to make this better. I didn't show the bottom half because I have absolutely nothing for that yet.

Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:24 pm
I have no idea how to make the shoulder parts of this costume:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Help please?

Aurora Sonata

Cute Hero

Storm17

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:56 am
@sweetheartpucca For the sheild I'd just say to try to make it look metal/shiny looking and also to have it curved a little otherwise it looks great. I'm not really sure about the tunic maybe someone else can give you better help with that.

@Aurora Sonata I'd suggest looking for a pattern that has that type of shoulder on it and just make the sleeve. If not look for cosplayers that have dressed up as her and did the shoulder right and see if they can help you..  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:25 am
@AuroraSonata: there are a coupe ways you can do this.

A. Make a puffy sleeve.
User Image
This is a pretty terrible excuse for instructions, buuuut it's pretty much what you have to do to make sleeves puffy. Once you ake a puffy short sleeve, you can attach a longer sleeve to that short sleeve. This method won't look exactly like the picture, but you will get a bigger sleeve at the top.

B. find a long sleeve pattern, and draw on a bigger, more circle-like shoulder at the top. practice making it on scrap fabric first until you get the look you want. These things are all about trial and error. ^-^

C. Listen to what Storm17 said. Talk to people who have done similar cosplays and see what they did.

You have to do lots of research when making any costume, so just keep asking questions and looking for pictures. ^_^

@Storm17: Thanks much for the advice, and compliment! I appreciate all the help I can get! ^_^  

sweetheartpucca

Aurora Sonata

Cute Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:56 am
Thanks for the response, both of you. ( ゚▽゚)/  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:19 pm
I'm planning on making a Haseo Xth form cosplay and I'm not to sure how to make it.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I think I got the shirt down, but the parts on his upper arms, the gloves, knee parts, and the shoes.

Yea, I got a lot to work on ._.  

iPhyllo

750 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Qianna

Sugary Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:18 am
@ Kota: Looks really awesome. And a lot of work. For all the difficult parts you can try using something like foam or cardboard, but I'm not sure...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:07 pm
Having trouble with Ellis from Left 4 Dead 2.
I'm not sure where to find coveralls/mechanic's jumpsuit.
I've checked Bob's but everything there is thermal lined and insulated.
Kind of creepy to get one off of ebay in my opinion.
Not sure if I should just wait for it to get warmer and get it instead.

Myopsida

Demonic Dabbler

9,475 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Overstocked 200

AirTVfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:24 am
Need some help cosplaying as Alicia from Valkyria Chronicles. This is a picture. It's from the anime adaptation. I'm going to combine the colors from the anime version with the details of the game version (since I actually am playing the game right now, but the colors are hard to find). Anyway, I'm not too sure how to go about doing her dress. I'm not exactly sure what style it is and I'm not exactly sure how to make it more flowy and stuff at the bottom. Any patterns or tutorials or basically ANYTHING would help me right now. gonk

Also, just wondering. What is the difference between cotton and cotton blend? I got cotton, but I was curious as to what cotton blend was. gonk

Thanks! biggrin

Cosplay Help

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces