Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Help
Cosplay Help Thread-- Female Anime Characters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_Goku

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:33 pm
Scientific_erotic
Miss_Goku
Scientific_erotic
Miss_Goku
Ok, I have a cosplay I need help with too... I'm planning on doing Kino from Kino's journey, however there are several different versions of her outfit. I think Fem-inja had a similar problem... Basically they're only small differences, mostly colour variations in the outfits, but I honestly can't make up my mind! I'll post some pictures.

x
x
x
x

Basically I can either have the green coat, light trousers, brown boots, black pouches and either the polo shirt or just a normal shirt
OR
the black coat, black trousers, black boots, green pouches and shirt.

Or any variation of those things really...

Halp? D:
Personally I think the first and second are the same except it looks like she's wearing pants in one and a skirt with leggings in the other. I really like the first one. It has a cool look to it without being to simple.
There's two pictures for each outfit...but they're the same, it's just a jacket. D: Anyway I'm thinking of doing a different cosplay now...I just can't make up my mind...
Ah the ever changing decision. XD Sorry I couldn't be of help. (though I do still like the one with the jacket better.)
Ahaha, that's ok! I appreciate the feedback. I'm definitely doing something else, and I'm sure about it this time! I'm going to go as Ranfan from FMA, woohoo. Spent a small fortune on it already though. D:  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:20 am
Hi people! (It's my first time posting here! :3)
I'm going to do this cosplay for the Hetalia day meeting on the 24th:
http://hetalia.wikia.com/wiki/Belgium
Too bad there's only the official sketch without colors =(
Anyways, I need help with the coat, and especially the neck part... what is it called again? xD
And also any help at all with the belt would be appreciated, I have no Idea where/how to find one... xD
Thanks in advance! x3  

Chaosmaid

6,400 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

salsaplant

GO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:13 am
OkamixWaka
Anyways, I need help with the coat, and especially the neck part... what is it called again? xD

The collar? Lol ^^;

As for the belt, you can find them online-- They're called either "military pistol belt" or "military web belt" or if you just want a general overall search, just do "military belt" You can find a cheap one online *nodnod* :3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:55 am
salsababy2889
OkamixWaka

The collar? Lol ^^;

As for the belt, you can find them online-- They're called either "military pistol belt" or "military web belt" or if you just want a general overall search, just do "military belt" You can find a cheap one online *nodnod* :3

Oh yeah, now I remember xD And thanks, I should probably look it up later. smile  

Chaosmaid

6,400 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

pasionfruuuit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:23 pm
I need help with this Anya Asltreim cosplay:

User Image

I don't want to buy it because its too expensive, and it seems pretty simple to make, but last time i made my own cosplay it went horribly wrong, and i plan on not messing up this time. sweatdrop

Does anyone know what kind of fabric material to use? Any tips and uh, thats all!! Thanks very much!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:17 pm
confused_lil_azn
I need help with this Anya Asltreim cosplay:

User Image

I don't want to buy it because its too expensive, and it seems pretty simple to make, but last time i made my own cosplay it went horribly wrong, and i plan on not messing up this time. sweatdrop

Does anyone know what kind of fabric material to use? Any tips and uh, thats all!! Thanks very much!

As far as fabric goes, my sewing guru always says cotton is the easiest to sew and handle, but if your feeling adventurous you could got with a thicker fabric. Some warnings though, don't get something that is super stretchy (my experience has taught me it's not easy to sew with or atleast not for me), nor super thick. Also it's always better to making things slightly bigger and get more fabric than you think you need. Because you can take in your costume if you need too and can save those extra pieces of fabric too.  

Storm17

Tipsy Hoarder

faelixir

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:13 pm
So, I've changed my original plan to another cosplay. Good thing to because I hadn't started on anything quite yet. My new idea is Rena Ryuugu from Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni. The dress and boots aren't a problem, but the beret, sweatbands, and weapons are. What materials should I use to make the beret and sweatbands? Is sewing or crocheting a better method to use? About the weapon, the handle isn't a problem, but what should I use for the actual blade of the billhook? I'd like to avoid cardboard or foam if it can be helped.
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:38 pm
. . .

Unfortunately, foam is probably going to be your best bet if you're not looking to make it out of cardboard. You could always make it out of a solid block of wood I suppose, but that might be a bit heavy to carry around all con.

. . .

Tinfoil Paoupou

6,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Sith Faced

Spacey Nymph

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:38 am
http://amethyst-angel.com/cosplay/swords.html
I have a tutorial for weapons making by the owner of that site ^
She's really amazing.
http://proplady.livejournal.com/tag/thief+daggers
The prop-in-making happens to be Rikku's Thief Daggers, but you could probably follow the same guidelines to make Rena's machete 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:12 am
So, I'm making it a goal to cosplay these two characters...
One; Major Kusanagi of Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. Reference 1
Reference 2
Two; Teresa of the Faint Smile of Claymore
Reference 1
Reference 2
Reference 3
I was hoping for any and all advice I could get?
I have some armor tutorials for Teresa, but I'm at a total loss for Kusanagi.
I need advice for;
Wigs-Where to buy it [I'm thinking Amphigory for both], any styling, etc.
Fabric-Patterns if possible for both, where I could conceivably purchase parts of both outfits, etc.
Contacts- I need red for Kusanagi and silver/white with the pupil[I.E. not full white/blind eyes] for Teresa, I have 20/20 vision, any suggested sites? [The cheaper the better]
Anything else?  

Sith Faced

Spacey Nymph

angel_259236102

Fashionable Bloodsucker

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:04 pm
Scary Miss Merry:I would say that fabric for the beret, since that is what it is made out of I think, and just buy a blue sweat band? If not, use whatever fabric you used for the collar of the dress.

Dementia: If you dont usually wear contacts, I would go to an eyedoctor for help. I know that oyu can get 45-50$ for red/silver contacts from sallys and asian stores, but if you dont know how to put them on, and they are not cleaned correctly, it will damage your eyes. Just remember that the colour is the iris, not the pupil.

For the major, the shrug can be bought at a cyber goth .shop, like plastik wrap, and teh shirt is like a bathing suit?

I dont know if you can make teresa really. A bunch of it looks like it is metal, then she is wearing a brownish pants and a slightly flowy top?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:05 am
angel_259236102
Scary Miss Merry:I would say that fabric for the beret, since that is what it is made out of I think, and just buy a blue sweat band? If not, use whatever fabric you used for the collar of the dress.

Dementia: If you dont usually wear contacts, I would go to an eyedoctor for help. I know that oyu can get 45-50$ for red/silver contacts from sallys and asian stores, but if you dont know how to put them on, and they are not cleaned correctly, it will damage your eyes. Just remember that the colour is the iris, not the pupil.

For the major, the shrug can be bought at a cyber goth .shop, like plastik wrap, and teh shirt is like a bathing suit?

I dont know if you can make teresa really. A bunch of it looks like it is metal, then she is wearing a brownish pants and a slightly flowy top?

I'll talk to my mum about making an appointment for an eyedoctor, then. I don't want to risk my eyesight for a cartoon character, lol.
I intend on getting help from a friend who's made corsets to make Kusanagi's top/shirt/thing, because it looks like it's got the steel bones in it similar to a corset, but thank you.
I'll look around online for her shrug.

As for Teresa, I do believe it is possible to make her outfit. I'm not afraid to play around with wonderflex and various other armor-making tutorials to re-create her outfit. I've seen enough Claymore cosplays to feel confident I could do the same c:
Thanks!  

Sith Faced

Spacey Nymph

Shymedusa

Interesting Entrepreneur

6,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:06 am
http://static.minitokyo.net/view/16/10/25516.jpg
I want to cosplay cleo (the girl in the yellow dress) but honestly I dont know where to start. ironically im doing a amateur cosplay workshop in march at the castlepoint convention  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:06 pm
Shymedusa
http://static.minitokyo.net/view/16/10/25516.jpg
I want to cosplay cleo (the girl in the yellow dress) but honestly I dont know where to start. ironically im doing a amateur cosplay workshop in march at the castlepoint convention

Normally I just look thorough each item need for the cosplay, going off that picture (since I can't see the rest of her outfit) I'd note the necklace, the tank top thing, the dress and that I'd most likely need a wig. Next I'd figure out whether I am going to buy, make or commission the outfit (buy like at good will or wal-mart). Finally I figure out how I'm going to make what I decide to make, like looking for patterns for the dress and deciding to paint, screen paint or applique the read stripes on to the dress and so on. I hope that helps  

Storm17

Tipsy Hoarder

Innocence The Sin2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:34 am
Hello! Okay, I'm going to be making a Akita Neru cosplay over the next few months. I've never made a cosplay before, nor have I used a sewing machine. But, my grandmother has agreed to help with that bit.

Here's the picture I'm usuing for a referance.
Akita Neru

A few things I want to know:

What fabric would be best to use for the skirt and shirt?

Any suggestions on how to construct the Arm Sleeve thingies.

And! Which would look better: Shoes and hose/stockings, or shoe cover things.

Cosplay Help

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff