Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Help
Cosplay Help Thread-- Male Anime Characters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Psycho~Cookie]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:11 pm
We're all a little insane.....

User ImageUser Image

Cosplay 1 Cosplay 2 Cosplay 3

Well I'm planning on cosplay as Tony Tony Chopper from One Piece and seeing how he is, I'd probably have to make the legwarmers (my idea) and sleeves, but I don't know where to look or how to start >w>
That and I really want to make this a good cosplay even if i'm a girl and he's a boy voiced by Pikachu 83

....aren't we?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:43 pm
User Image

I'm planning as going as Trafalgar Law from One Piece later next year. Only problem is that I can't seem to find a hat to edit that has a similar shape. All I can find is 'Russian' hats and those don't help much.

@[Psycho~Cookie]: Just take it one step at a time. The shorts could probably be found at a store as well as some black shoes. There are most likely patterns for backpacks, leg warmers and arm warmers either online or in most fabric stores. Leg warmers and Arm warmers are normally fairly easy to make, they just require a bit of elastic band.

Myopsida

Demonic Dabbler

9,475 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Overstocked 200

[Psycho~Cookie]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:20 pm

Ah, alright. Thank you!
And I think for your hat, you'd either have to make it as well or find a while beenie maybe and add on the black spots.
However you do it, the cosplay's gonna come out awesome cause it's freaking Trafglar Law!!!!

....aren't we?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
[Psycho~Cookie]

Ah, alright. Thank you!
And I think for your hat, you'd either have to make it as well or find a while beenie maybe and add on the black spots.
However you do it, the cosplay's gonna come out awesome cause it's freaking Trafglar Law!!!!

....aren't we?

No problem.~
I was talking with one of my friends about it and she suggested making it, possibly out of faux fur if I have enough money to get the amount I need for Kidd's coat and the amount for the hat. I could probably just use fabric or acrylic paint for the spots, I guess.
I'm hoping so. The one I really worry about is my boyfriend who I convinced to go as Kidd. Of course, I had to pick the one coat that is ungodly fluffy.

Edit:
[x]
[x]

Figured those might help.  

Myopsida

Demonic Dabbler

9,475 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Overstocked 200

Veretix

8,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:59 pm
I want to cosplay China from Axis Powers Hetalia (before it becomes too popular). Is it a good idea to buy a costume now (sorry no sewing abilities at the moment), save up money to get a costume (working on getting a Soubi costume together right now), or asking a friend on helping me make one?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:52 pm
Veretix
I want to cosplay China from Axis Powers Hetalia (before it becomes too popular). Is it a good idea to buy a costume now (sorry no sewing abilities at the moment), save up money to get a costume (working on getting a Soubi costume together right now), or asking a friend on helping me make one?

Their is not good yes or no answer for this. If your friend is willing and maybe you could learn how to sew then that would be good. But if your friend is to overloaded then the buying route be better.  

Storm17

Tipsy Hoarder

Myopsida

Demonic Dabbler

9,475 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:12 pm
Veretix
I want to cosplay China from Axis Powers Hetalia (before it becomes too popular).

A bit late for that, hon. It's already really popular.

Still, I'd suggest asking a friend to help. Never any shame in that. I know with my clumsy hands and lack of sewing skills, I always ask for a lot of help from friends. Plus, my school offers no sewing class while my friend's school does so she has more experience with costume making.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:21 am

User Image
I plan on cosplaying Hiruko from Yumekui Kenbun {As the series isn't very popular.}
The problem is, it's gonna be really hard to make the costume if I can't find one...
The jacket will be the hardest part because of how it's designed...

slug tears

Anxious Friend

10,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:01 pm
iBocchan: No clue. I can't sew well. I knit everything XD;

For A&Gcon I decided to crossplay. (Hooray!!!) I'm going to be Android 17 because he's fuuull of awesome. I won't be knitting this one. I'll just be modifying clothes I already have. How am I going to make the funky anklet things? Could I possibly knit that? And what about the huge orange bandanna? I could possibly find a plain orange one, but if I can't, would it be a good idea to knit that too?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:36 am
iBocchan

User Image
I plan on cosplaying Hiruko from Yumekui Kenbun {As the series isn't very popular.}
The problem is, it's gonna be really hard to make the costume if I can't find one...
The jacket will be the hardest part because of how it's designed...

If the series isn't very popular, there's probably a very small chance you can find it somewhere.

There are several things you can do for the jacket:
Find a long jacket in the right colour and try to alter it so it looks like Hiruko's jacket.

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/223465/
You can ask this person who made the same costume how she did it.

You can try to find a sewing pattern of a jacket similar to the one you want to make, then alter the pattern. There are lots of sewing-pattern websites where you can order patterns.

Good luck!

Qianna

Sugary Genius

Storm17

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:03 pm
@OhNoesItsMiho
The green things just look like they could be green socks going over his pants, but yes you could knit them too.
And for the bandanna I would not suggest knitting that, try to find one or sew it their not too hard just get a square of orange fabric and sew the edges so the fabric doesn't start to fray and you have a clean edge. Also I'm sure if you couldn't anyone you know who can sew would not be opposed to sewing it for you if you got them the fabric and the thread.

I also now have a problem of my own I'm going as Viral from TTGL
Reference Image
but I'm not sure how to approach the cloak. All the cape and cloak patterns I find do not fit the style this one is. I've thought about cutting a head hole and fixing it from there but I'm afraid it won't work out well. If you don't get what I'm asking or need clarification I'll glad try to illustrate it better!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:16 am
@ Storm17:
I have an idea of how to make your cloak! If it doesn't have to be made out of one piece make it out of two!

It's like a poncho of sorts, but the front is smaller than the back.

Something like this:

Qianna

Sugary Genius

Storm17

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:53 pm
Qianna
@ Storm17:
I have an idea of how to make your cloak! If it doesn't have to be made out of one piece make it out of two!

It's like a poncho of sorts, but the front is smaller than the back.

Something like this:

Oh! I like it! You even gave me a picture, I really think it will work, thank you so much!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:11 pm
Not sure if this goes here but it was my best guess.
I'm looking to order a compression shirt from Underworks but I have no idea what size to get. I'm not sure if I get the exact size of my chest or a smaller one to actually compress it.

Myopsida

Demonic Dabbler

9,475 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Overstocked 200

vampire kaizen

5,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:16 am
help::
i'm thinking of cosplaying aystar krory / aleister crowley of d.gray man... does he have a black/red uniform version because i can't find any reference pic for him?
if you guys can find reference pic of that uniform, pls post.. thank you ^_^  
Cosplay Help

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces