Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Help
Cosplay Help Thread-- Misc. Outfits Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Charlotte Elbourne

Virtuous Friend

10,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:19 pm
I'm planning on making a Vampire Hunter D cosplay, but I am stumped on how to do shoulder armor that looks real, but isn't made out of foam... the other stuff, like the cloth parts I can do just fine, its just I dont know how to attach the cape to the top with the pauldron/armor shoulder thingies atached to both the cape and top x_X  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:49 am
I'm making a Red Eyes Black Dragon themed Lolita outfit. I made the horns, but it keeps sliding back. What I'm thinking is that I'm making your typical Lolita headband and having it be able to attach to the horns. Then, I would have something going around my head to help keep the headband in place. What I'm thinking is that it will help keep the horns in place. No clue if it would work, so I'm hoping for a second option.

I've got a picture of my horns on DA. (The link is bellow) Any suggestions would be helpful. Nya...

http://rubaisora.deviantart.com/art/Red-Eyes-horns-143733674  

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Snuggle_Buddy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:41 am
I have no idea where to put this.

I'm making a cosplay that involves very stiff clothing. Well, not really, but I want it that way. You see, it involves an area of the outfit that is majorly wavy, I guess you could say. Well, not really. You see, it's an apron that 'waves' and I want it to stay that way. I know I need interfacing, and most likely fusible, but I'm not sure what stiffness I need. Light, midweight, or heavy? I'm not really sure.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:35 pm
I need help with espeon, i've never done this before so i have no clue.
User Image  

Reakonte of twin blades

5,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

salsaplant

GO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:39 pm
Are you planning on making a gijinka form of Espeon, or like a full animal suit?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:27 pm
salsababy2889
Are you planning on making a gijinka form of Espeon, or like a full animal suit?

gijinka  

Reakonte of twin blades

5,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:15 pm
Reakonte of twin blades
salsababy2889

gijinka
Well I have a ginjika absol cosplay that I made with a hooded sweater I just sewed the horn and tail on the sweater I don't think its that much of a ginjika but its not a pokemon body suit its like a cross of both of them.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:10 pm
Reakonte of twin blades
salsababy2889

gijinka

You could make up your own design for the espeon gijinka or you can search one online (photobucket or deviantart) but if you use someone else's design I would ask for permission first.  

Rishiki

Reakonte of twin blades

5,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:22 am
Rishiki
Reakonte of twin blades
salsababy2889

gijinka

You could make up your own design for the espeon gijinka or you can search one online (photobucket or deviantart) but if you use someone else's design I would ask for permission first.

how would someone sugest getting the material?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:06 am
Reakonte of twin blades
Rishiki
Reakonte of twin blades
salsababy2889

gijinka

The material? As in fabrics? Well sometimes you can alter existing clothes to fit your needs like K master of flames did. You could buy the fabric and make (sew) it yourself. If you want to know materials for the ears and tail: tail fabric, stuffing(poly-fill), and maybe a wire. The ears could be made out of the same things as the tail or out of foam even.  

Rishiki

Reakonte of twin blades

5,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:44 pm
Rishiki
Reakonte of twin blades
Rishiki
Reakonte of twin blades
salsababy2889

gijinka

The material? As in fabrics? Well sometimes you can alter existing clothes to fit your needs like K master of flames did. You could buy the fabric and make (sew) it yourself. If you want to know materials for the ears and tail: tail fabric, stuffing(poly-fill), and maybe a wire. The ears could be made out of the same things as the tail or out of foam even.

thanks, i'm a total noob with this.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:36 am
Rubai Sora
I'm making a Red Eyes Black Dragon themed Lolita outfit. I made the horns, but it keeps sliding back. What I'm thinking is that I'm making your typical Lolita headband and having it be able to attach to the horns. Then, I would have something going around my head to help keep the headband in place. What I'm thinking is that it will help keep the horns in place. No clue if it would work, so I'm hoping for a second option.

I've got a picture of my horns on DA. (The link is bellow) Any suggestions would be helpful. Nya...

http://rubaisora.deviantart.com/art/Red-Eyes-horns-143733674

I'm not sure it this would work, but you could attach some elastic to the bottom parts of the horns and put it under your head. If it doesn't work, you should probably try the lolita headband and attach it to your hair with hair-pins like these: http://i100.twenga.com/mode/haarnaalden/schuifspelden-8-stuks-kort-tp_8043602991482437300.png
I used them to keep my wig from sliding off my head... it probably works for your horns as well.

Good luck! It seems like a difficult task. Are the horns really heavy?

Qianna

Sugary Genius

blazeingfox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:14 pm
Can anyone give me some ideas as to go about making a belt for my Tsubaki cosplayhttp://img255.imageshack.us/i/s52qr1.png/ ]XXXXXX  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:18 am
blazeingfox
Can anyone give me some ideas as to go about making a belt for my Tsubaki cosplayhttp://img255.imageshack.us/i/s52qr1.png/ ]XXXXXX

You can buy a normal, very long belt and alter it. Or you can get a lot of fake-leather fabric and sew one yourself. The dots you can cut out of the same colour material as your belt and stick them on with glue.

I hope that helps.

Qianna

Sugary Genius

Rishiki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:23 am
blazeingfox

I've never made a belt before so I'm posting on how I would try it. Get fabric the color of the belt to make the belt, use interfacing on it to make it stiffer like a belt. For the round parts I would use metal studs. (I'm not really sure if those are metal parts but I looked up some cosplayers of her and some of them used metal there) I hope that helps.  
Cosplay Help

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff