Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:23 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Shadow Deadeye
I still can't get past the person that said "Clip fed Machine Guns" :Facepalm:

Well, undoubtedly the person didn't know and is full of fail, but in their complete stupidity they accidently described a Japanese LMG.

http://world.guns.ru/machine/mg88-e.htm

They're somewhat right. It's a rigid belt that could be confused for a 'clip' moreover a 'stripper clip'.

Buckner;
Grungekitty is ... well, an educated troll.
Clip-fed machine gun? Well... there is the Breda 30. The mag was fed by FOUR stripper clips.

True true...
But didn't they reload it faster by just using a spare mag or more?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:34 pm
OberFeldwebel
Shadow Deadeye

Well, undoubtedly the person didn't know and is full of fail, but in their complete stupidity they accidently described a Japanese LMG.

They're somewhat right. It's a rigid belt that could be confused for a 'clip' moreover a 'stripper clip'.

Buckner;

I still have not seen any sources from her aside from the officer down post. Anyone that doesn't provide sources in an argument is a troll in my book.  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:25 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Shadow Deadeye

Buckner;
Clip-fed machine gun? Well... there is the Breda 30. The mag was fed by FOUR stripper clips.

True true...
The magazine was hinged on, you couldn't remove it. You flip it open, feed in four clips, and flip it closed again.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:01 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Shadow Deadeye

Buckner;

True true...
The magazine was hinged on, you couldn't remove it. You flip it open, feed in four clips, and flip it closed again.

Wow
Did they ever have 10 round stripper clips or did they just have the five?  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:57 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Shadow Deadeye

Buckner;

True true...

Wow
Dunno, but given the shortcomings of the BAR in WW2, I'd hope the Italians would have gotten it right and put 40 rounds in their LMG, even if it WAS a piece of s**t.

Nope, Wikipedia says 20 rounds. SUCK. Sorry, but I pretty much only learned about the gun from CoD: Big Red One.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:06 pm
God, no wonder none of what the OP said makes sense. He's a ******** druggie!  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:09 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

True true...

Wow
Dunno, but given the shortcomings of the BAR in WW2, I'd hope the Italians would have gotten it right and put 40 rounds in their LMG, even if it WAS a piece of s**t.

Nope, Wikipedia says 20 rounds. SUCK. Sorry, but I pretty much only learned about the gun from CoD: Big Red One.
Lol, just re-played that level again today. Takes so ******** long to reload an LMG with 5-round stripper clips. And EVERY SINGLE EYE-TIE in the second Sicily level has one of the ********. It's like their entire army was armed with LMGs. ******** SMGs, ******** rifles, GIVE THEM ALL MACHINE GUNS.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:06 pm
Shadow Deadeye
Depending on who you talk to, the Browning Automatic Rifle and Bren Gun could be construed as clip fed light machine guns, and I think there was a clip fed Japanese MG. Then again, I don't put much stock into catagorizing firearms. Why should I care if it's an assault rifle, battle rifle, or carbine, or if it's a sniper rifle or a marksman's rifle? It doesn't matter what you call it to me, so long as it does what it's supposed to do.  

Ambassador Jackson

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:48 pm
Aunt Nagase
Shadow Deadeye
Depending on who you talk to, the Browning Automatic Rifle and Bren Gun could be construed as clip fed light machine guns, and I think there was a clip fed Japanese MG. Then again, I don't put much stock into catagorizing firearms. Why should I care if it's an assault rifle, battle rifle, or carbine, or if it's a sniper rifle or a marksman's rifle? It doesn't matter what you call it to me, so long as it does what it's supposed to do.
Where the hell would you feed a Bren clip? It's bottom-ejecting.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:15 pm
Fresnel
Aunt Nagase
Shadow Deadeye
The Bren has a mag above the barrel.

Oh, wait. You meant stripper clips, while I was referring to magazines. This is don't like to categorize stuff. I always get it wrong.  

Ambassador Jackson

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:07 pm
Aunt Nagase
Fresnel
Aunt Nagase
Shadow Deadeye
The Bren has a mag above the barrel.

Oh, wait. You meant stripper clips, while I was referring to magazines. This is don't like to categorize stuff. I always get it wrong.
Clips have no moving parts. That's generally a good way to figure out which is which.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:41 am
I meant as they were saying it as though every MG used a clip. Which we all know is not true.  

Shadow Deadeye

Inquisitor Brock

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:48 pm
In the clip fed machine gun line, there was the French Hotchkiss that fed off 25 round stripper clips.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:36 pm
So I just went to see if the BAR could take a clip (it can't, it's side-ejecting), and I ran across this. Repro BAR? Does want. Kind of expensive though.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Ambassador Jackson

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:45 am
Fresnel
So I just went to see if the BAR could take a clip (it can't, it's side-ejecting), and I ran across this. Repro BAR? Does want. Kind of expensive though.
Eh. The BAR's too big for my tastes. I'm not an LMG fan. When it comes to that era, give me a Lee-Enfield Mk. 4 any day.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff