Listen to a lot of music?
  Yes
  No
  Some, but not a lot.
View Results

Kurazora-sama

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:27 pm
I listen to whatever floats my boat X3 Mostly J-pop, new breakbeats, some techno, rock, or some cute anime songs lol heart  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:52 pm
Hey has anyone heard of Tim Wheater?? he makes buddhist music ^^

http://new.music.yahoo.com/tim-wheater/albums/invisible-journeys--57666878;_ylt=Apq9.WkuEE4Db2k_Zd1nUmzHxCUv <-- that's him on yahoo music. ^^ that's his album Invisible Journeys.  

Kurazora-sama

Sparkly Prophet

amber kaleidoscope

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:46 am
I am a pretty big fan of Animal Collective  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:30 pm
I listen to quite a variety. Mostly Punk and its relatives like ska punk, gypsy punk, folk punk, celtic punk, hardcore punk, crust punk. I also listen to traditional jazz, folk, folk rock, indie rock, garage rock, and some random stuff like Aqua Timez and The Dresden Dolls.

Recently I've developed a great fanaticism for The Avett Brothers.  

Feral Fantom

6,950 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100

owlopus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:25 pm
brand new, sublime, a day to remember, tool, the spill canvas, bright eyes, the silent years, death cab for cutie, blink 182, say anything, snow patrol, slightly stoopid, the expendables, evans blue, cake, and regina spektor
8D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:58 pm
My favorite heart music that I can listen to any time of day is folk and classical guitar - like Adam Holzman ("Venzuelan Waltzes for Guitar") and William Coulter. Because I'm an old hippie, during the day before I become tired and cranky I also listen to classical rock and pop (Grateful Dead, Doors, Fleetwood Mac, Beatles, Stevie Wonder). I also listen to Reggae (Bob Marley forever!!!), latin (Eliades Ochoa, Shakira), some bluegrass/country (Doc Watson, Emmylou Harris) and I love OLD music from the 20's and 30's (George Gershwin, Cole Porter, et al). Ella Fitzgerald is also a favorite. I like folk and Celtic music too.

Not all the music I listen to is old though. My son introduced me to the new Gorillaz album, "Plastic Beach" which I think is very good.

I don't like hip-hop or techno dance music (sorry!) and I don't care for modern jazz either.  

dharma-bee

3,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

- Tasogare no Arashii -

Beloved Friend

9,125 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:59 pm
I'm not sure if I should post this here or not but, can anyone recommend any good buddhist songs? I've heard of them but I've never listened to one before.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:54 am
I'm a huge metal head. I love me some of:

Lordi
3 Inches of Blood
Dream Evil
HammerFall
Alestorm
Elvenking
SpellBlast
Sequester
Plus a ton of other random songs. I've been known to like the occasional hip hop and the like, it's just rare.

I also recently found a metal band that turns to Buddhism for it's lyrics called Dosa Jhana. Here's a YouTube link! Dosa Jhana - Awakening  

kainhighwind2

SkaPigeon89

5,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:19 am
kainhighwind2

Lordi
3 Inches of Blood
Dream Evil
HammerFall
Alestorm
Elvenking
SpellBlast
Sequester
Plus a ton of other random songs. I've been known to like the occasional hip hop and the like, it's just rare.

I also recently found a metal band that turns to Buddhism for it's lyrics called Dosa Jhana. Here's a YouTube link! Dosa Jhana - Awakening

Wow! I'm not huge into metal anymore like I used to be, but the fact that they found a way to use Buddhism for their music is awesome! I've been trying to write reggae songs using Buddhism, but it hasn't been going too well. Perhaps I need to try ska/punk instead...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:49 pm
I like a lot of stuff. Really into punk, rock, indie, psychobilly/rockabilly, A little rap and funk.

A band I like a lot is Rage Against the Machine.  

MrBambiHam

kainhighwind2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:01 pm
ZenPigeon89
kainhighwind2

Lordi
3 Inches of Blood
Dream Evil
HammerFall
Alestorm
Elvenking
SpellBlast
Sequester

Wow! I'm not huge into metal anymore like I used to be, but the fact that they found a way to use Buddhism for their music is awesome! I've been trying to write reggae songs using Buddhism, but it hasn't been going too well. Perhaps I need to try ska/punk instead...

Heh, I'm not into either of those genres so I really couldn't help ya. But that sig of yours helped me discover the incredible webcomic Sinfest. Great stuff, man!

Also, here's an interview with the band if you're interested! Interview with Dosa Jhana  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:49 am
I listen to a little bit of everything.

I've been on an old-timey folk kick lately, though.
Been listening to Carolina Chocolate Drops basically nonstop for the last couple days.  

-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-

indigo_fairy13

6,350 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:28 pm
i listen to all kinds of music from rock to classic but my favorite bands of altime is marilyn manson , muse and godsmack but i also like music from the '70's, 80's and so onn  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:14 pm
Right now.... Italian Leather Sofa, by Cake.  

Sun Saru

Familiar Explorer

Sith Faced

Spacey Nymph

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:13 pm
I like all kinds of music, but my favorite genres being:
Punk, Ska/Reggae, Aggrotech, and E.B.M.
My favorite bands/artists consist of:
Combichrist, Assemblage 23, Rise Against, Necessary Response, and Mastodon.
There are millions of others though.  
Loving Kindness: A Buddhism Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces