Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Bethesda vs Interplay. This time it's real. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Niaxus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:38 am
DONT CARE...ill still try XD i tried to make fawks kill him...didnt work...he lasted all of 3 seconds XD  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:31 am
I'm surprised Fawkes couldn't do it I've seen Fawkes kill a super mutant behemoth 1v1, no lie.  

nitnit
Captain

Niaxus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:22 am
I KNOW RIGHT? I tried to kill him and he raped me...WITH THE DIFFICULTY TURNED TO LIKE -229390248290359 >>...point being hes a bad a**...i tried to make my ghoul slave kill him...didn't work....my ghoul slave has Tesla armor and bad a** alien gunz...-.-  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:04 pm
Tesla armor isn't even that good. The original power suit from FO1 is, or the medical one for the med-x. Unless they put some overpowered s**t in the DLCs that I don't know of that is  

nitnit
Captain

Niaxus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:04 am
well still...fawkes is bad a**...and so is my ghoul slave...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:47 am
UPDATE:

The latest in the actual court case is that Interplay is now counter suing Bethesda. This counter lawsuit says that Bethesda is making frivolous charges because Interplay's re release of the original fallouts had no marketing at all

This is a pretty remarkable development, and pretty truthful too, Interplay did indeed have no marketing for their packaged trilogy, they just simply shipped out the boxes to stores and sales were very good (for PC games at least)

While this doesn't wrap up the Bethesda suit over the MMO or anything yet, it does show that this isn't entirely one sided.

So nitnit, what's going to happen? Well, one of a few things:

Either:

- Bethesda wins anyways, and Interplay is done for.

or

- Interplay wins, retains selling the original games, and as a result of the counter lawsuit either gets a good sum of money, or Bethesda loses the Fallout IP.

As for the MMO, the winner of that case will probably get to make it  

nitnit
Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:31 pm
nitnit
UPDATE:
As for the MMO, the winner of that case will probably get to make it

Which shouldn't happen to begin with!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:55 pm
Yup. Oh well, I've kind of calmed down since I realize that with the excessive sales of Fallout 3 it would frankly be a bad business choice for a company to not capitalize on a Fallout MMO  

nitnit
Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:31 am
nitnit
Yup. Oh well, I've kind of calmed down since I realize that with the excessive sales of Fallout 3 it would frankly be a bad business choice for a company to not capitalize on a Fallout MMO

Do you think a Fallout MMO has a chance in the market today? I mean Aion, soon Guild Wars 2, World of Warcraft, and soon Star Wars: The Old Republic. I think there isn't much room for a Fallout MMO to succeed.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:37 am
I don't know, I think a Fallout MMO would be a bad idea for the same reason that putting multiplayer in Fallout 3 would have been a bad idea: it takes away from the experience. I don't use followers in Fallout 3, simply because I think the game is more about you against the world, and it would be too easy with you and another 4 to 8 or more characters.

Admittedly, I might get it if they let you be something other than a vaultdweller, and if there wasn't a monthly fee/it wasn't that expensive.  

Haratio TaFotter

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:46 am
Tron714
nitnit

Do you think a Fallout MMO has a chance in the market today? I mean Aion, soon Guild Wars 2, World of Warcraft, and soon Star Wars: The Old Republic. I think there isn't much room for a Fallout MMO to succeed.

Sure there is. Aion is terrible (It's going to most likely fail for the same reasons as WAR did after 5 months), Guild Wars 2 is for people who don't like monthly subscriptions, and Star Wars: The Old Republic isn't even out yet so people need to calm down about it.

As for WoW, people who would want to play a Fallout MMO probably don't play WoW anyways. If it were designed by Zenimax it would probably end up being an action FPSish MMO, which is pretty different than every game you listed.

Doesn't mean it would be a fitting game for the Fallout universe, but with the ridiculous success of FO3, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would at least try it.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:56 am
Court Update:

The latest is that now Interplay is asking the court if Bethesda's slanderous (in their opinion) lawsuits should result in the entire contract being nullified. If Interplay somehow win, Bethesda will owe Interplay a ton of royalties for Fallout 3, and will probably have to stop Fallout New Vegas. They would also lose the right to make future fallout titles.

Bethesda is mostly sticking to its original suits, if they win then they will receive an appropriate amount of "damages" money, and will probably gain rights to the MMO.

IF Interplay has to pay any decent amount of money, it will probably be the end of the company, unless they sell even more IPs (like Earthworm Jim and Clayfighters)

tl;dr - Interplay is countersuing Bethesda. If Iplay wins, they get Fallout back and have a chance to survive as a company. If they lose, then the company is probably royally ******** Commentary - While I dislike Interplay's current owners, especially since they're the reason that Fallout 3 is the game it is today and not Van Buran (codename for the real Fallout 3), it is also kind of Bethesda's fault for randomly suing over something as petty as the original trilogy pack. Bethesda did also mess up in the fact that they demanded all marketing materials be sent to them, this being their claim for interplay breaching the contract, and they were... just that there were none.

So both companies are dumb. No matter which one of them wins, Fallout will probably remain as a FPS that pretends to be an RPG.  

nitnit
Captain

The Ginger Dude

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:32 pm
And the world keeps on going  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:47 am
The Ginger Dude
And the world keeps on going

Best post ever.  

Jonnnn

The Ginger Dude

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:56 pm