Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Australia bans Left 4 Dead 2 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your thoughts?
  THIS IS BULL!!
  Their fault for electing their ESRB
  Who cares about Australia?
View Results

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:37 am
Just a heads up, Valve has a approved censored version of L4D2 with on limbs coming off of zombies and so on. So our friends from the land down under still get to play the game. Just a lot less dismemberment. Yay for Australia?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:35 am
Link_Noroshima
Dont they have Gamestops in Australia if so then I agree with what nitnit said about them only selling rated M games to people who are at least 18 even though I really don't see the sense in that when its not a really hardcore Mature rated game... Just voicing my opinion so that no one can really get somehow mad at what I say but all I'm really saying is look at a game like God Of War 1 & 2, then look at games like Left 4 Dead or Half Life; when you do you will then see what I mean when I say that it really isn't a hardcore Mature rated game.

I would rather keep the government out of simple parenting issues. Thanks.  

Jonnnn

Cybylt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:32 am
Yes, let the government raise our kids for us, that's the best thing to do.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:09 pm
I mean its not that bad of an idea.  

Link_Noroshima

1,300 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:13 pm
Being a guy that's been to Australia, I think its weird what they will and won't allow to be sold. Still, its good that they were able to edit it enough that they could still sell it. I wonder what they do for the Boomers though.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:14 pm
Just randomly clarifying for no real reason - my views aren't exactly that we should restrict said games, just that I know that in America if a video game is unrated or is rated A (adults only) game stores can still sell it, just only people at least 18. They often times refuse to stock these games however. Same thing with "'unrated" movies, except many stores will still stock them.

Honestly, I don't really see the big reason to keep these games out of the hands of kids. They're going to get ahold of them either way, it's simply up to the parent to make sure the game isn't being played within their own household. It's the same deal with rated R movies, cigarettes, alcohol, and other age restricted items.  

nitnit
Captain

Muddy Armadillo

Aged Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:19 pm
There could be worse things that people could be doing. I think they should stampede cows through Sydney until L4D 2 is released uncensored  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:06 pm
nitnit
Just randomly clarifying for no real reason - my views aren't exactly that we should restrict said games, just that I know that in America if a video game is unrated or is rated A (adults only) game stores can still sell it, just only people at least 18. They often times refuse to stock these games however. Same thing with "'unrated" movies, except many stores will still stock them.

Honestly, I don't really see the big reason to keep these games out of the hands of kids. They're going to get ahold of them either way, it's simply up to the parent to make sure the game isn't being played within their own household. It's the same deal with rated R movies, cigarettes, alcohol, and other age restricted items.

There's also the question of how much harm these games are doing. Anyone with a brain will realize it's little to none.  

Jonnnn

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:55 pm
darman83
There could be worse things that people could be doing. I think they should stampede cows through Sydney until L4D 2 is released uncensored

I wouldn't jump to too many conclusions yet. When Fallout 3 was being developed Australia whined that Morphine was in the game, so Bethesda changed it to Med-X, which is more fitting for the game world anyways; there were always drugs in Fallout, just not specific drugs from the real world (barring booze)  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff