Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Convention Attention: HOW ANNOYING! D:< Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_Goku

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:45 pm
Wielder of Mighty Pencil!
Okay, I thought of the other big thing: People who assume your costume is flawed because you made a different version than they are used to. Even worse is when the one you are wearing is the ORIGINAL VERSION and someone tells you you did it wrong because they've only ever seen the sequel/spin-off. MY GOD I'M NOT EVEN A LEGAL ADULT YET I'M NOT SO OLD THAT NO ONE SHOULD REMEMBER THESE CHARACTERS.
Oh god, tell me about it! That's one of the things that pisses me off the most. I actually like seeing original versions of costumes! Cos most people do the newest versions possible, it just gets so boring after a while!

And pretty much everything that everyone else mentioned. Lol.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:52 pm
new mothers who bring their infants to a convention. i see that all the time and i always think of what could end up happening to the poor kid D:

trash littering the hallways everywhere is pretty annoying. actually, when i was cosplaying as my deathnote and just sitting around someone went as far as to put their cup on me and walk away, when there was a trashcan right across the hall. the mental image is kinda funny but it made me mad that that person couldnt walk the extra 5 feet.

people who are completely obsessed with the zombie apocalypse and bring it up 24/7 and ask the same voice actor 5 times what people they would save etc.  

Dictator Shuri

nacinATORR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:13 pm
How there are SO MANY clone cosplayers. I mean, 50 Sakura Harunos is ENOUGH.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:56 pm
Badly done/Half done clone cosplayers. (You know, the people who buy the Naruto jacket at Hot Topic and think they're all that)

Also, the incredibly long lines at the food stands. Not that much can be done about it, but still.

As said above, the Weeabos and Narutards. I get enough of those people at school. (Yes, the kids who wear a naruto headband every day to school and are costantly reading manga and greet everybody in bad Japanese.)  

exdraghunt

AirborneInfection

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:18 pm
I have a very odd love/hate relationship with most con-goers. Most of them I can't STAND because of their mannerisms, but that's just because I tend to be a bit on the impatient side. I mean, I'm not a mean person, really (though I probably come off that way). I just get really annoyed by overly personable people because they make me uncomfortable, especially when they start getting all over me and stuff.

At the same time, I love a lot of the people I mean. There are some very intelligent and interesting and just down right fun people you meet at cons. I love the raves for that reason in particular. I'm a kandi kid, and the thing I love about dancing and raves is because you can make friends without even saying anything. And you may not leave with someone's email, but you leave with something they made if they trade with you, or even just someone you danced with and bonded with on a different (and occasionally intimate ._.;; ) level.

But yea.... back to what annoys me.
-People who get WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too into character (I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU NARUTARDS/BLEACHAHOLICS.)
-Cat girls who are all about getting attention.
-Lolitas who wear cat ears and call themselves gothic lolitas (I myself am not a lolita, but cat ears are not part of lolita fashion, and if you're doing it do it right).
-Con funk *gag*
-Creeps who can't take a hint.
-Creepy middle aged men who take your shoe when you take it off to rest and starts talking about how you remind him of his ex-wife.( <--this happened. srsly o_o )

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:01 am
Alright, since I just recently got back from a convention, I got moar things to complain about!

.:Con Whores:. OMFG, IF YOU GO TO A CONVENTION JUST TO HOOK UP WITH PEOPLE, IMMA STAB JOO IN DA FAISE! Be friendly, be flirty, but don't go around kissing everyone you just happen to meet or offering sexual favors to the first person you just happen to rub up on during the rave! Omg, it's really kinda sad and pathetic! No I don't wanna kiss you, I don't know where your mouth has been and no I don't wanna give you a b***job just because you think I'm cute! And if your friend is a con whore, punch them in the baby maker! There is no need to get into people's pants to have a good time at a convention-- Wait till you at least know them for longer than a weekend! DX

.:Traffic Jams:. I are trying to move, let's actually get going, kay?! Don't block the flow of traffic by standing around with your friends being all "Whadya wanna do?" "I dunno, whadya wanna do?" or taking pictures of people when everyone else is trying to move. GET OUT OF THE WAY FOR THE REST OF US! Move a few feet so you're able to talk and take pictures without making the rest of us squish together while we try to get by you!

. biggrin ealer Room Lurkers:. YOU F*CKERS ALWAYS GET IN MY WAY! The kind of people that stand right in front of the table, taking up as much room as possible, stand there for an unnecessarily long amount of time, and then don't buy anything! I can't look at and/or buy anything because you're blocking my view! I had to leave several dealer tables because I couldn't get to what I wanted or anything, and had to go back later in hopes lurkers were gone. Be courteous! If someone is trying to look at stuff too, make room for them, get out of the way, just kindly gtfo! D:<

As you can see, I needed to vent, so sorry if I offended anyone :'3

salsaplant

GO

Miss_Goku

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:25 pm
Hey, rant away! I totally agree with everything you've said there, particularly about 'dealer room lurkers'. They're so annoying, and half the time they're going 'omigawdz preetty narutozzz plushie!111!!!!!1111111111' ...yeah.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:04 am
You so tottally offended me j/k lol, just joking.

You have some good points, and I tell you what, I know what you meant by the con whores. The last girl I dated was a con whore and I didn't know it till too late!!! So I have to fully agree with you about it.  

Dymagox

Dedicated Bibliophile

9,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100

The Lone Wolf Jedi

3,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:15 am
Ok, I got one, it didn't happen to me at a con but a cosplay event, Nisei Week, I was dressed as Leon from RE4 and I pieced the cosplay together from various articles of clothing I bought at various stores, well one of the judges is one of those people who seems to think that all cosplays need to be made by hand, so she skipped over me when I said it was store bought clothing, I mean come on, Leon is one of many cosplays you can do without having to do the painstaking work of making it, well to sum it all up, everyone at the vent thought she was a real b**** so I don't think she'll be judging next years  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:00 am
discodogmakei
You so tottally offended me j/k lol, just joking.

You have some good points, and I tell you what, I know what you meant by the con whores. The last girl I dated was a con whore and I didn't know it till too late!!! So I have to fully agree with you about it.

Yeah, the last guy I dated was and still is a con whore, and after we broke up he was an even bigger whore and decides to flaunt it right in front of me =.=
And it's starting to get to the point where our friends just wanna castrate him for his own good -.-

salsaplant

GO

shireishou

Newbie Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:23 pm
I hate when some one say to me

"YOU ARE NOT DESERVE TO COSPLAY! YOU ARE UGLY AND YOU USE VEIL! U RUIN THE CHARACTER!"

SO what if my face is not as pretty as Dream of doll?'
So what if my skin not as white as anime?
And So what if I'm not using wigs and using veil since that is my religion.

GRRRRRRRRR

I try my best to pick up cosplay that suitable for my Veil. ARGHH I want to mutilate people who said that

Btw this is my cosplay photo

User Image

Am I that Ugly?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:39 pm
Omg, you're adorable! Whoever said that was just a douche bag and should be kicked in the baby-maker D:<
I hate the stuck up elitist cosplayers like that >.<

salsaplant

GO

shireishou

Newbie Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:44 pm
salsababy2889
Omg, you're adorable! Whoever said that was just a douche bag and should be kicked in the baby-maker D:<
I hate the stuck up elitist cosplayers like that >.<

Thank you very much for Ur support.
I dont know. Mostly people who said like that are not cosplayer. They only judge people but not know how hard become cosplayer is

I always appreciate all cosplayer no matter what she/he fat/too thin/black etc. For me as long as THEY LOVE THE CHARACTER its fine for me

Have beautiful and handsome face is a gift. But we cant force God to change our face right? wehehehehhe

I wll cosplay again today ^^ Hope I can get good respons from audience  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:55 pm
shireishou
Thank you very much for Ur support.
I dont know. Mostly people who said like that are not cosplayer. They only judge people but not know how hard become cosplayer is

I always appreciate all cosplayer no matter what she/he fat/too thin/black etc. For me as long as THEY LOVE THE CHARACTER its fine for me

Have beautiful and handsome face is a gift. But we cant force God to change our face right? wehehehehhe

I will cosplay again today ^^ Hope I can get good response from audience

Good luck with that then ^^
Just out of curiosity though, who is the character you are cosplaying in that picture? I really like that outfit...

salsaplant

GO

shireishou

Newbie Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:37 pm
salsababy2889

Good luck with that then ^^
Just out of curiosity though, who is the character you are cosplaying in that picture? I really like that outfit...

Her name is Arthemis from Saint Seiya anime. But it came from Scared Saga version ^^ (Version of fanart)  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff