cool!
  crappy
  not as good as zombies
View Results

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:21 am
@xylert
So that's why they sparkle to her...still I'm surprised she didn't know about vampires.... I learned about them when I was really really small. So much shows and stuff everywhere. And classic stories...ect...

Oh! Unless she wrote it when she was really young? Or no....?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:22 am
dragontamer363
cool smile Greek gods+ vampires = must be a success! lol
I want to try that book.... ^^  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

klikkhaus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:23 am
I'm a BtVS fan too
:]
Oh Spike, you try so hard too be cool but fail so badly
xD

I honestly don't get Anne Rice or Twilight since they boath hail them as something sexy.
(I realise BtVS does too at times, but it makes up for it with Giles)

And...dude..necrophilia. Not sexy.
And I fail too see the sexy in something attaching itself to your throat and stealing the blood your heart is working hard to produce.
D=<
And the vampires in Interwiev with a vampire don't do anything but whine.
Seriously.
It's just "Oh woe is me" the whole time.
Very unattractive.
Also vampires that dont seem to have anything better to do then
stand around in fancy clothing sipping blood from wine glasses
while posing to look dark/tormented/mysterious/gorgeous/gothic
crack me up. You're immortal and thats honestly all you do all night?

But I do like the vampires in the following movies:
Nosferatu
Hunger
From Dusk Till Dawn
Blade- The reapers, for they are cool as hell xD

Also a big fan of the graphic novel
30 Days Of Night.

I liked those vampires :]

Basicly as long as they are portrait as vicious creatures I like 'em.

The most interesting vampire movie I've seen though,
would be
Cronos

which I highly recommend
It's written and directed by Guillermo del Toro
(Who also wrote and directed the stunning
El laberinto del fauno/Pan's Labyrinth.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:32 pm
Time for a comic from my good friends at Slackerz!

Slight spoiler warning for the Twilight series, I guess, but do any of us care?  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Super Mega Nope
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 am
I've never been a big vampire fan, it just doesn't interest me like it dose others.
But I do like some vampire movies.
- 30 days of night
- Interview with the Vampire
- Vampire Hunter D (This one is my favorite)
heart

None of them are really that big . . . sweatdrop

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:16 pm
My all time favorite is Hellsing, especially the manga. Yes, one may argue, Alucard is too powerful, but there's all sorts of other wonderful things about it. Like Anderson, Seras Victoria & Pip. Yay for Hirano!

Other than that, I like Vampire Hunter D, 30 Days of Night, From Dusk Till Dawn, & Interview with a vampire.

Wyvern683

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:17 pm
I read somewhere that SMeyer has never actually read a vampire book.
Before she wrote Twilight she didn't like them.
And after writing it she claims that other vampire books freak her out.
She gets upset if the vampires are too similar to hers.
But it also upsets her if they're too different.

WAT.

I don't know why I just remembered that.

Anyone watch Daybreakers?
I heard it was really good.

I also recently finished I Am Legend and those vampires were pretty cool.
(They are vampires in that story, the movie made them look more like zombies though.)
It was a really different take on vampires but it was good different.
Not bad different.
*cough*sparkleyvampires*cough*  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:01 am
They were vampires in I am legend?! o_o! I thought they were just mutated humans (yeah they did look like zombies).  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:05 pm
Yeah, the vampires in "I Am Legend" were more zombie-ish.

Also, if you ever get the chance, read the book. It's much better than the movie (Not that I'm saying I didn't like the movie. The book was just better).  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:32 pm
i love the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter novels from Laurell K. Hamilton.
blood, sex, and violence through and through~!
vampires, lyanthropes of all kinds, zombies, ghouls, necromancers, witches, and more~!
you know you'd love it~!  

Trtltot

Demonic Kitten

12,200 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Mark Twain 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:16 pm
...How did I miss this post??? Ah, well...

Honestly, I'm not really obsessed with vampires... The idea of someone sucking blood just kinda bugs me. And let's face it: at least in Interview with a Vampire they had some better looking men playing the part. This- ....whatever the heck his name is... that plays the vampire Bella's in love with... is just ugly... and he has waaay too much body hair in my opinion. He's more suited to switch places with one of the werewolves, (do you find it weird that they have little to no hair in human form???) I've never actually watched the movie, but I see the commercials all the time. evil

@Xylert:
The whole dies in sunlight thing may come from an allergy to UV rays, which are in sunlight. There was a girl on Extreme Home makeover with the disorder, and she had to stay in night school because of that.

I also remember reading about a disease called... poryphia, I think... that is caused by a severe lack of iron in the body. This disease causes people to immediately start craving blood and getting extremely violent.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:24 am
Dornkus

Also, if you ever get the chance, read the book. It's much better than the movie (Not that I'm saying I didn't like the movie. The book was just better).

In the book I could see them as vampires though.
Until reading the book, after just watching the movie, I thought they were zombies.
I can enjoy the movie on its own, if I don't try to associate it with the book.
But I do agree the book is much better.

Random note, but I wonder why they picked Will Smith to play Robert because in the book he's described as being of German descent, and if I remember correctly pale, blonde hair, and blue-eyed.
I've got nothing against Will Smith, I actually quite like him, but it's just so... wrong.
Not even close.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

xylert

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:01 pm
Zizzykitty
Dornkus

Until reading the book, after just watching the movie, I thought they were zombies.

Random note, but I wonder why they picked Will Smith to play Robert because in the book he's described as being of German descent, and if I remember correctly pale, blonde hair, and blue-eyed.
I've got nothing against Will Smith, I actually quite like him, but it's just so... wrong.
Not even close.

well, they made A LOT of 'creative decisions' when making the movie, cause the book IIRC, takes place in the 40's or 60's (cant remember which/what time period it is) and Roberts house was (again, IIRC) in the country/outskirts of the city, and lets not forget the biggest creative decision they made, in the book, Roberts just trying to flat out live to see the next day, he couldnt give a rats a** (pardon my language) about trying to cure the infected etc. etc.

but yeah, LOVED the book, kinda wish it wasnt just a short story though D:  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:32 pm
xylert
Zizzykitty
Dornkus

Not even close.

well, they made A LOT of 'creative decisions' when making the movie, cause the book IIRC, takes place in the 40's or 60's (cant remember which/what time period it is) and Roberts house was (again, IIRC) in the country/outskirts of the city, and lets not forget the biggest creative decision they made, in the book, Roberts just trying to flat out live to see the next day, he couldnt give a rats a** (pardon my language) about trying to cure the infected etc. etc.

but yeah, LOVED the book, kinda wish it wasnt just a short story though D:

Well... in the movie's defense.
Robert decided after a while "Well, I've got nothing else to do. Why not see what makes the vampires vampires?"
He wasn't trying to cure them but he was thinking about it once he discovered what caused vampirism.
(At least in the book's story. It's not the traditional vampire)
I tend to be bad at remembering small details in books, probably from reading too fast trying to find out what happens next, but I don't remember his house being on the outskirts.

The part I was most annoyed about was how they take out all the moral debate in the end, because I can't think of a better word for it, and just make Will Smith the hero.
It completely changes the idea of the story.

I wish it were longer, but I can't think of a way he could have lengthened the story without drawing it out too much and making it boring.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:55 am
dragontamer363
I've never heard of Sherrilyn Kenyon - what's her stories like?

I enjoyed anne rice and the interview with the vampire flm (tom cruise as lestat was sexy eek heart ), but i found the vamps to be very whiney, which grew a little tiresome.

while i enjoyed twilight and it had some interesting new angels on vampires (eg how they don't move/shift their weight when standing because they don't need to anymore), the cons outweighed the pros on the vampires. I preferred the new look at the 'werewolves' in twilight 3nodding

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff