Welcome to Gaia! ::

Random Gaian Charity: Hiatus =(

Back to Guilds

A really awesome chairty that helps people questing. 

Tags: Charity 

Reply Donation Application Forum
Chat with the crew! Got awesome ideas? Share em! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aerobe
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:03 am
Pheregames
{{ }}

When I figure out how to articulate it, I'd appreciate a thread or announcement. Looking forward to Winter break, I'll actually have time. Besides, during my class he's been sort of ranting about social security and he'll randomly call on somebody and they'll look up.

The correct answer is "The government's fault".

So I can dedicate some time making these pretty little charts. But I'd like to take on maybe two or three who want to get some help. I'd love to do a marketplace question-place [hehe] sort of thing because that would be a good outline. I saw some pretty items on Gaia so I think I'll actually join in the apps pretty soon as well.
Alrighty. Once you get it all figured out just make a thread in the main forum. I'll be sure it gets stickied and we'll make an announcement about it.
=D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:04 am
D a n i e l l eStarrr
Not sure what you'd think but DTTPAY?
They're a fun way of recycling unwanted items and recieving something someone else no longer wants but that you might appreciate...
Though it may take a fair bit of work on the mods part to ensure rules are being kept and that people are donating...
I'll bring it up to the other crew. It may not happen right now as we have the event coming up. If the other crew like the idea it may possibly happen sometime in January or February.  

Aerobe
Captain

D a n i e l l eStarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:55 am
Aerobe
D a n i e l l eStarrr
Not sure what you'd think but DTTPAY?
They're a fun way of recycling unwanted items and recieving something someone else no longer wants but that you might appreciate...
Though it may take a fair bit of work on the mods part to ensure rules are being kept and that people are donating...
I'll bring it up to the other crew. It may not happen right now as we have the event coming up. If the other crew like the idea it may possibly happen sometime in January or February.

whee cool (:
thanks for considering it!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:29 am
.A hang-out sticky in the front forum would be a good idea, I think, because then you're not clogging up other threads with menial chatter. Perhaps it could soley be dedicated to talking about our real world stuff, questing and the likes, to help everyone to get to know everyone else better and whatnot. Its also possible more people would tend towards it as its on the front page and therefore would create a closer-knit network of people.

.Another idea would be a help forum (or sticky, depending) dedicated soley to people asking and answering questions (answering wouldn't nessisarily have to be done by mods). This would particularly benifit newer participates, I believe, in gaining their feet in the guild. You could reserve the first few spots to explain the layout of the guild (ie. quest thread forum contains the quest threads of people within the guild, event forum is a friendly competition for prizes held during festive seasons, ect). It could have a FAQ. And it wouldn't nessesarily have to be entirely about things within the guild. People could talk about the marketplace and share tips with others on how to make gold, ect. Personally, I think it would be best situated on the front page. ^-^;;

I'm not very good with pitching ideas. XD  

Hanchi-Chan

7,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Nainai Kagoyuchi
Crew

Shy Regular

14,650 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Overstocked 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:50 pm
c: I know what you mean there Hanchi. I've had the idea to merge the rules with a FAQ so it is easily on the front page, and having at the end the link or directions to a sticky in the welcome forum that allows people to ask questions if they still don't understand. While this can easily be done through pm currently, a public faq would mean we would have less questions in the long run maybe xD

The whole point of the jibba jabba sub forum is to replace a thread of random to a sub forum that separates the subjects. I think a hang out thread may be a bit useless considering that sub forum in itself, but who knows.

A making money thread might be something good for users to share ideas with each other to help, instead of mixing that talk with the FAQ. I'm not sure where it would fit though where it wouldn't get ignored/missed.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:32 pm
Ok i have a question my friend just finnished his quest just now, and I put a form in for him, what do i do with it now tha he has finnished his quest? thanks for any help. *bows*

Rini  

Queen_Rini

Friendly Gaian

Aerobe
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:14 pm
Queen_Rini
Ok i have a question my friend just finnished his quest just now, and I put a form in for him, what do i do with it now tha he has finnished his quest? thanks for any help. *bows*

Rini
Just edit your post to say that he finished his quest. =)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:24 pm
would it be all right to put mine in his place? I don't want to break any rules or anything. thank you for the fast reply.  

Queen_Rini

Friendly Gaian

Aerobe
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:32 pm
Queen_Rini
would it be all right to put mine in his place? I don't want to break any rules or anything. thank you for the fast reply.

Sure you can do that.
You can either strike out the application for him and add yours below/above it or completely take out his and put yours in it's place. It's up to you. 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:44 pm
Thank you very much.  

Queen_Rini

Friendly Gaian

Hanchi-Chan

7,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:58 am
And less questions in the long-run means less hassle on the admins to answer the questions all the time and more time for them to do other admin-y goodness. 3nodding

I suppose you're right with the hang-out thread there. I just know I don't often venture into Jibba-Jabba currently, but who knows, I might end up going there for a bit. wink

Personally, I think the money-making thread idea would probably work best either in the quest thread forum (as people are obviously there to help get money for their quest) OR in the main section, where it would be quite noticeable. If it were to occur.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:15 pm
Question: When posting our quest, do we have to repost everything if we already have a quest thread? Or can we just put a link?  

One Past Midnight

Aerobe
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:13 am
One Past Midnight
Question: When posting our quest, do we have to repost everything if we already have a quest thread? Or can we just put a link?
That's up to you. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:30 am
Why not put some more contests around the guild like the egg hunt thing? Or the tek tek? But not only for holidays, for everyday and we can spruce up activity! blaugh  

little mintchan

Heroic Mage

17,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Super Tipsy 200

Aerobe
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:43 am
We'll be adding more contests very soon. 3nodding  
Donation Application Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]