Submit

*waves*
  GOLDZ!
View Results

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:08 pm
Those both sound delicious.

I'm eating leftover nachos now because I was hungry when I got home from the SAT.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:05 pm
You're making me hungry....stop it.... crying  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:28 pm
*does a Pacman impression*
NOM NOM NOM NOM

on the topic of food biggrin
I had me sausage, sweetcorn and chips with BBQ sauce today (in was lazy. sausage can be cooked form frozen).
I'm basically finding any excuse to eat this HP BBQ sauce. it's delish! *nomnomnomnomnom*  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:39 pm
Hmmm...I should probably start thinking what I want for din-din.....its already 7:40 ish.....lol  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:47 pm
is it? lol

foood!
*already gorged self on Ben & Jerrys' ice cream* mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:42 am
its sunday for me. woke up at lunch and had nth to do:/ read some books then went to my grands hse. just came back. eating gummies razz
gonna watch FLASH FORWARD later!

Fate-J

Custom Kiwi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:58 pm
That kind of thing where people ask how you are as they walk past in the hallway or something happens here too. I really hate how people do that, because they ask but don't really care. All you've got to say in reply is 'good, thanks', even though you actually feel like sh*t and just want to sit in the corner and cry. Well, maybe that's just me.

Anyways, in all honesty I'm not having the best day. Who am I to talk about it here though? A newbie, most of you don't even know me, so it won't mean anything to you but I have the opportunity to write down what's going on so why not....

Last week I had to have a couple of days off my course due to medical issues. sad This means I've fallen a bit behind and am so stressed out with catching up and all. For my tourism class I have to work on a tour project consisting of constructing a 10 day tour through Scandinavia, under a budget and everything. It's so difficult and I'm so bored of sitting in front of the computer all day. It would be ok sitting in front of my own computer but these course computers are horrible and the seats are so uncomfortable! I have until Thursday to get it done and there is no way I'll be ready to present by then.

It's almost 3pm and I'm on Gaia instead of working on the tour. I've been doing it all day and just need a distraction. I can't wait until 4pm so I can just go home. Honestly, I should have worked on this in the weekend but.... I had other things to do.

Boy oh boy I can't wait until December so this course will be finished and I can just work damnit!

That's my rant.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:08 pm
Custom Kiwi
That kind of thing where people ask how you are as they walk past in the hallway or something happens here too. I really hate how people do that, because they ask but don't really care. All you've got to say in reply is 'good, thanks', even though you actually feel like sh*t and just want to sit in the corner and cry. Well, maybe that's just me.

Anyways, in all honesty I'm not having the best day. Who am I to talk about it here though? A newbie, most of you don't even know me, so it won't mean anything to you but I have the opportunity to write down what's going on so why not....

Last week I had to have a couple of days off my course due to medical issues. sad This means I've fallen a bit behind and am so stressed out with catching up and all. For my tourism class I have to work on a tour project consisting of constructing a 10 day tour through Scandinavia, under a budget and everything. It's so difficult and I'm so bored of sitting in front of the computer all day. It would be ok sitting in front of my own computer but these course computers are horrible and the seats are so uncomfortable! I have until Thursday to get it done and there is no way I'll be ready to present by then.

It's almost 3pm and I'm on Gaia instead of working on the tour. I've been doing it all day and just need a distraction. I can't wait until 4pm so I can just go home. Honestly, I should have worked on this in the weekend but.... I had other things to do.

Boy oh boy I can't wait until December so this course will be finished and I can just work damnit!

That's my rant.

I think it's funny to be completely straight faced honest when people ask that.
The look on their face if they were asking because it was a formality is priceless.
If they really care they I feel kind of bad because I'm making them worry. confused

Even if you're new we still love you. :>
You seem pretty cool anyway.
So we'll just have the chance to love you even more as you keep talking.

That really sucks though.
I absolutely hate making up work.
I'd almost rather go to school sick.
Good luck with making that tour though.
Definitely.
Get off Gaia and get to work! D:
School chairs are always uncomfortable too, I'd be much happier working on the computer at school if they invested in better chairs.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Custom Kiwi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:08 pm
The whole people-saying-hi-how-are-you-today?-thing reminds me of this song I really love. Originally performed by Randy Newman and recently covered by Katie Melua, it's one of my favourite songs. Although it is terribly sad, it is extremely well written and beautiful, the lyrics are moving and I feel I can really relate to it - perhaps it's the song of my life. You see, this song serves as a paradox. People are full of the capacity to love, as shown through the use of "Human kindness is overflowing". Like, we are part of a community where we should be able to love and care for each other but in reality, the world is a sad, lonely and cold place. At the end of the day, we are all alone. The song talks about how we all try our best to be happy and show the world that we are ok ("Scarecrows dressed in the latest styles/With frozen smiles", "Bright before me the signs implore me/To help the needy and show them the way"). It then goes on to say "Human kindness is overflowing/And I think it's going to rain today", thus the paradox. We can't show the world how vulnerable we are or how we feel so alone because we are 'drowned'' in insignificant kindness. We have to and should be there and guide each other, but in the end, nobody REALLY cares.
Or maybe it's just things would be too awkward if we did say how we really feel. Anyhoo, here's the song.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqfZ8PJ4bKk

@Zizzykitty, schools totally need to invest in better chairs. Something like this:

User Image

That's the computer chair here in my room. (I post a lot in Gaia International and I'm kinda known for posting photos of random sh*t. Hope that's ok here haha. It's kinda my thing).

I would usually go to course if I was sick too but I had to have an op last week so wasn't really possible! Ah well, I got caught up a bit.

You're really nice welcoming me like that. I'll definitely post more often in this guild! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:57 am
Custom Kiwi
The whole people-saying-hi-how-are-you-today?-thing reminds me of this song I really love. Originally performed by Randy Newman and recently covered by Katie Melua, it's one of my favourite songs. Although it is terribly sad, it is extremely well written and beautiful, the lyrics are moving and I feel I can really relate to it - perhaps it's the song of my life. You see, this song serves as a paradox. People are full of the capacity to love, as shown through the use of "Human kindness is overflowing". Like, we are part of a community where we should be able to love and care for each other but in reality, the world is a sad, lonely and cold place. At the end of the day, we are all alone. The song talks about how we all try our best to be happy and show the world that we are ok ("Scarecrows dressed in the latest styles/With frozen smiles", "Bright before me the signs implore me/To help the needy and show them the way"). It then goes on to say "Human kindness is overflowing/And I think it's going to rain today", thus the paradox. We can't show the world how vulnerable we are or how we feel so alone because we are 'drowned'' in insignificant kindness. We have to and should be there and guide each other, but in the end, nobody REALLY cares.
Or maybe it's just things would be too awkward if we did say how we really feel. Anyhoo, here's the song.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqfZ8PJ4bKk

@Zizzykitty, schools totally need to invest in better chairs. Something like this:

User Image

That's the computer chair here in my room. (I post a lot in Gaia International and I'm kinda known for posting photos of random sh*t. Hope that's ok here haha. It's kinda my thing).

I would usually go to course if I was sick too but I had to have an op last week so wasn't really possible! Ah well, I got caught up a bit.

You're really nice welcoming me like that. I'll definitely post more often in this guild! heart

eek I got a SERIOUS shock! I thought someone took a photo of my room and posted it here! We have the EXACT same chair and the sweater currently hanging on it is black with the same collar design too! My bed's also beside my table. Basically, it looks almost exactly like the scene in my room.  

Fate-J

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:07 am
lol @ Fate rofl

But yeah kiwi that sucks, but you can only do your best. (that's my mantra anyways). If you fall behind I'm sure people'll understand and cut you a little slack, teh fact you're trying is what's important.
And gawd that chairs looks sooo comfy!
I have to say that the comfiest chair in our house is my grandad's proper old-man-elctronic-reclining-chair. It's all firm and stuff and sooooo comfy.
I don't care if i'm not all creaky and old, I want me that chair damnit!

Today I'm trying to work like the clappers (though so far I'm on gaia, because i needed to look on teh electronic library catalouge, and got distracted xd ). Got some reaidng to catch up on for my medieval heresy lecture tmrw, them a primary source for my gender history, then i'v egot to continue reaidng this huge book for a gender-history-essay due in a week or two (but thsi book is 400 pages + argh!).

I'm happy though, cos I 'treated' myself and bought the sixth sense + a nine inch nails album i don't have from amazon. only £10 for the both of 'em, and the nine inch nails cd is usually £20 by itself in the HMV shop.
I'm getting quite a collection of DVDs I need to wtach, but my flatmates are all chick-flick girls and so won't watch them anywhere near me sad
Plus my laptop's cd drive's broen so i can't watch them alone in my room.

I've got:

*blade runner (but only the director's cut. oops.) which i've never seen before
*Origional Star Wars trilogy (a luxury i got while back. need to watch them)
*Hollow Man (i'm saving this for coser to halloween tme. despite me whining at people they utterly refuse to wtach it with me cos it's a 'horror'. but it's not scary, cos if it was a proper horror i would watch it. lol)
*and now the 6th sense - excelent film smile ot to try and convince them to watch that.

I'm still ill. Making em feel sick. my 9.15 lectrures tmrw and on wed will actually kill me i think. also got a killer headache i'm managing with paracetemol. meh.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:32 am
Kiwi:
Random but in the first five or so seconds of her speaking I didn't think it was english, she was speaking too quickly I didn't know what it was. xD
After listening to the whole song, it's a beautiful song.
And I see what you're saying, how you're interpreting the lyrics.
I think it's something like we're all afraid to let the world know how we really feel.
Fear of being shunned for drastic ideas, fear of being too open and getting hurt, etc.
I know how that is.

That looks comfy.
I wish my computer chair was that comfortable.
I'll have to take a picture of it later because it can be pretty sad looking sometimes.
(posting pictures of random s**t is all right with me)

Ouch, I hope you're better now.
I can see how that would make it more difficult getting to class than a cold.

Thanks! x3
If you posted more that would be awesome.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Custom Kiwi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Fate-J

eek I got a SERIOUS shock! I thought someone took a photo of my room and posted it here! We have the EXACT same chair and the sweater currently hanging on it is black with the same collar design too! My bed's also beside my table. Basically, it looks almost exactly like the scene in my room.

Haha really? That's so random! You should take a pic too so we can compare rooms. xD I'll admit, my room is kind of bland and pretty dark. It's just a cheap hostel room in central Auckland so it's good for what I pay I guess. I might post more pics of how the rest of it looks lol. ^_^

dragontamer363
lol @ Fate rofl

But yeah kiwi that sucks, but you can only do your best. (that's my mantra anyways). If you fall behind I'm sure people'll understand and cut you a little slack, teh fact you're trying is what's important.
I have to say that the comfiest chair in our house is my grandad's proper old-man-elctronic-reclining-chair. It's all firm and stuff and sooooo comfy.

Today I'm trying to work like the clappers (though so far I'm on gaia, because i needed to look on teh electronic library catalouge, and got distracted xd ). Got some reaidng to catch up on for my medieval heresy lecture tmrw, them a primary source for my gender history, then i'v egot to continue reaidng this huge book for a gender-history-essay due in a week or two (but thsi book is 400 pages + argh!).

I'm happy though, cos I 'treated' myself and bought the sixth sense + a nine inch nails album i don't have from amazon. only £10 for the both of 'em, and the nine inch nails cd is usually £20 by itself in the HMV shop.
I'm getting quite a collection of DVDs I need to wtach, but my flatmates are all chick-flick girls and so won't watch them anywhere near me sad

I've got:

*Hollow Man (i'm saving this for coser to halloween tme. despite me whining at people they utterly refuse to wtach it with me cos it's a 'horror'. but it's not scary, cos if it was a proper horror i would watch it. lol)
*and now the 6th sense - excelent film smile ot to try and convince them to watch that.

I'm still ill. Making em feel sick. my 9.15 lectrures tmrw and on wed will actually kill me i think. also got a killer headache i'm managing with paracetemol. meh.

Oh yeah dragontamer, (hey what should I call you? xD) I guess all anyone can do is try their best. That's a good mantra to have I think. I'll admit, even though I am quite behind, I've been very slack trying to catch up. I guess I just saw how much work there was to actually complete and freaked out or something. I'm getting on top of it now though. It'll be fine. Just got to try my best huh. 3nodding

Your grandad's chair does sound pretty comfy. Haha too right if you're not all creaky and old, just sit in it anyway. LOL I'm just imagining you going to your grandad's house to visit him and kicking him out of his chair so you can sit there. razz Oh gosh, I'm sure you're not like that but it'd just be so funny. xD

Wow so you're uni work sounds pretty intense! What are you actually studying towards? I hope you manage to get all your work done. It must be quite hard atm since you're ill and all. sad Argh I hope you get better soon!!

You've got heaps of DVDs to watch. Movie night at dragontamer's house anyone? Haha that'd be fun. whee I'm keen! DVDs and watching movies is kinda something I love doing. My friend has like over 150 dvds as well as heaps of movies on his external hard drive so I'm always at his house watching them. xp

Zizzykitty
Kiwi:
Random but in the first five or so seconds of her speaking I didn't think it was english, she was speaking too quickly I didn't know what it was. xD
I think it's something like we're all afraid to let the world know how we really feel.
Fear of being shunned for drastic ideas, fear of being too open and getting hurt, etc.
I know how that is.

That looks comfy.
I'll have to take a picture of it later because it can be pretty sad looking sometimes.

Thanks! x3

Where abouts are you from? 3nodding It's funny how you didn't understand Katie Melua hehe. I think she has a lovely voice and accent. To me, the rate at which she speaks just seems normal. Actually you wanna know something random? Well, I really like Katie Melua not just for her songs, but because she's pretty international. I guess that sounds kinda weird but she was actually born in Georgia, of all places. When she was like 7 or something, her family moved to Northern Ireland, so needless to say she's had some experiences in her life. It wasn't a very peaceful place when she was growing up! Later on she moved to England. So I think a lot of her songs come from experiences she had growing up all over the place. Another interesting thing about her is that she speaks Georgian, Russian and English fluently. heart

Naww, take a pic of your computer chair. It sucks that it's not very comfortable. I have another comfy chair at my mum's house I can't use. I would so let you have that if I could.

Talk to you all soon. I'm in class right now lmao.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:05 pm
Custom Kiwi
Zizzykitty
Kiwi:
I know how that is.

That looks comfy.

Thanks! x3

Where abouts are you from? 3nodding It's funny how you didn't understand Katie Melua hehe. I think she has a lovely voice and accent. To me, the rate at which she speaks just seems normal. Actually you wanna know something random? Well, I really like Katie Melua not just for her songs, but because she's pretty international. I guess that sounds kinda weird but she was actually born in Georgia, of all places. When she was like 7 or something, her family moved to Northern Ireland, so needless to say she's had some experiences in her life. It wasn't a very peaceful place when she was growing up! Later on she moved to England. So I think a lot of her songs come from experiences she had growing up all over the place. Another interesting thing about her is that she speaks Georgian, Russian and English fluently. heart

Naww, take a pic of your computer chair. It sucks that it's not very comfortable. I have another comfy chair at my mum's house I can't use. I would so let you have that if I could.

Talk to you all soon. I'm in class right now lmao.

I'm from America. xd
Las Vegas, to be specific.
Except I'm originally from California.
Mentioned because people have told me I sound like I'm from California
I didn't realize Californians had an accent.
For some reason my mind blanked when she started speaking so it was like "wtf is she saying? *replay* OH, SHE'S SPEAKING ENGLISH"
It's okay.
It's relatively easy to mess me up.
I was once talking to someone on MSN and they started typing gibberish and I thought I'd forgotten how to read or how to speak english, something like that. sweatdrop

That's really neat though.
That would make some interesting song material, living in all those different places.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:58 am
Is it pathetic that i'm still all impressed that you live in Las vegas, Zizz?
(i swear every tiem you do a video i'm impressed by your accent too. it's cos i'm a loser methinks.)

-ahem-

Custom Kiwi

dragontamer363
lol @ Fate rofl

I've got:

Oh yeah dragontamer, (hey what should I call you? xD) I guess all anyone can do is try their best. That's a good mantra to have I think. I'll admit, even though I am quite behind, I've been very slack trying to catch up. I guess I just saw how much work there was to actually complete and freaked out or something. I'm getting on top of it now though. It'll be fine. Just got to try my best huh. 3nodding

Your grandad's chair does sound pretty comfy. Haha too right if you're not all creaky and old, just sit in it anyway. LOL I'm just imagining you going to your grandad's house to visit him and kicking him out of his chair so you can sit there. razz Oh gosh, I'm sure you're not like that but it'd just be so funny. xD

Wow so you're uni work sounds pretty intense! What are you actually studying towards? I hope you manage to get all your work done. It must be quite hard atm since you're ill and all. sad Argh I hope you get better soon!!

You've got heaps of DVDs to watch. Movie night at dragontamer's house anyone? Haha that'd be fun. whee I'm keen! DVDs and watching movies is kinda something I love doing. My friend has like over 150 dvds as well as heaps of movies on his external hard drive so I'm always at his house watching them. xp

haha call me what you like wink , people 'round these parts seem to call me DT, so i roll with that lol
Conviniently, my grandad lives with us. i was semi-interested-and-semi-humouring-him about the BBC proms [as in loive classical music] one time and so I ended up having to wtach about 2 hours of it. I did enjoy it, to be fair, but the best part was that he went out to the shops or doctors or something and left me sitting in his awesomely comfy chair. My parents kept coming downstairs wondeirng what he'd done with me when i didn't reappear (he lives downstairs, we live upstairs), and foudn me in a happy comfort-coma on the chair lol

Thankye for the well-wishing smile I'm actually feeling much better now that i was the rest of this week. i think it's moving from flu into a regular clod, which i can handle. The headache's gone and I did't keel over in this morning's lecture, so it's all good 3nodding

I'm studing towards a BA in History at uni . Basically it's a 3 year course and I'm in my 3rd year. I haven't decidied if I'm going to take a masters yet. If I do I'm going to do it in my hoem town anyways, as opposed to living away form home like I do at the mo. regardless i'm gonna take a year out after this year cos i need the break! haha
In today's lecture our gender teacher told us just to skim-read the 400 page book, basically, so that make sthings a hell of a lot easier *phew*
Gotta read up on early medieval heresy today ready for tmrw's seminar. Got 2 books out fo the library and one I bought to skim over and makes note.

*also trying to decide what to have for lunch* hmn...I've defrosted soem smokey bacon....*nomnomnom*

150 Dvds? Nice one biggrin At home we have piles and piles of Dvds (we used ot have load of VHS' and we're gradually makng the transfer over). As such i've been brought up on cheesy 80s films like Highlander, terminator and planes trains and automobiles etc Good fun smile
yaaay movie night! *brings popcorn*  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces