Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Canadia Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Worth visiting?
  OMG I LOVE CANADA! GO!
  Meh, it's alright, you can go if you want....
  Don't waste your time
  Dunno, never been
  POLLWHORE
View Results

ieatyourtclol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:42 pm
IY_and_MCR
Macabre_Cogitation
Deific Requiem
sad but i have custom sql queries that need your lovin'

I'm all out of hot fresh bananaman lovin'.
Sorry dude.

First off, my mind finished that as 'hot fresh bananabread'.
I want some ******** bananabread. You should be like, the muffin man, and be able to do something about this.
Send me some bread, man.

And if you go to California, I'll have to kill you. Company policy.
There'll be nothing of value left in you. And the stench will never come off.

Lastly, if you go to Canada, make sure you kill Deific before you leave.
That kid's lame.

i'm so cool that i've deleted you, like, 30 times from my MSN over the years from you being too lame for me :/ but I always re-add cause I'm bored and s**t  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:16 pm
Deific Requiem
IY_and_MCR
Macabre_Cogitation
Deific Requiem
sad but i have custom sql queries that need your lovin'

I'm all out of hot fresh bananaman lovin'.
Sorry dude.

First off, my mind finished that as 'hot fresh bananabread'.
I want some ******** bananabread. You should be like, the muffin man, and be able to do something about this.
Send me some bread, man.

And if you go to California, I'll have to kill you. Company policy.
There'll be nothing of value left in you. And the stench will never come off.

Lastly, if you go to Canada, make sure you kill Deific before you leave.
That kid's lame.

i'm so cool that i've deleted you, like, 30 times from my MSN over the years from you being too lame for me :/ but I always re-add cause I'm bored and s**t

I'm so cool that I don't even have to mention all the time I've spent not bothering to talk to you, because I don't have to prove that I'm this cool.  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Sugar Tree

Eloquent Bloodsucker

11,400 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:00 pm
Macabre_Cogitation
@ Jonathonn: I love the cold and wondered what the Yukon would be like. I might just have to drop by Windsor!

@ Keevan Draco: I've been to a couple Circue performances and it would be rather interesting to see their birth place. Toronto is on the list to see, especially because of how many films are made there.

If I go up to Canada, I would probably spend 2 weeks there, so I've got the time to travel around. I'm more likely going to be driving my own car, so transportation is easily available.

Anybody willing to race?
Just don't expect to be able to drive from Toronto to Vancouver in two weeks and actually be able to see anything on the way. I've heard stories of Americans coming through the border and expecting to be able to see the whole country in a week, wanting to really see Canada would essentially be two trips, one to the east and one to the west.

You can easily spend three weeks JUST seeing Vancouver or Toronto.

Pick what you really want to see. If you've never been up a mountain, go to Alberta, see Banff. If you want Canada's major cities, see Toronto and Montreal. If you want to see the west coast, come to Vancouver.

I've lived in Vancouver all my life, if you want a list of some can't-miss sites here I'd be happy to help. And I can put you in touch with someone from Toronto if you decide to go there.

Edit: If you like wilderness, definitely come to Canada. Especially somewhere like Banff. The city's in a national park, you can see moose on people's front lawns, and count a couple hundred elk on the golf course.

Toronto's got a bigger goth scene, but I could recommend a number of goth shops in downtown Vancouver. We have a club that does a goth night once a month, gotta get the info for it off a friend.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:57 pm
Come to Quebec.... it's... special here smile  

the_underworks

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:59 pm
I spent six months in Canada. It was quite different to my native Australia, at least the flora, fauna and weather was. The people are lovely. So freakin' friendly!
Ottawa and Quebec are both beautiful cities and Niagara Falls is just retardedly huge. Go to O Canada!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:21 pm
spooky_sez
I spent six months in Canada. It was quite different to my native Australia, at least the flora, fauna and weather was. The people are lovely. So freakin' friendly!
Ottawa and Quebec are both beautiful cities and Niagara Falls is just retardedly huge. Go to O Canada!
If you would have spent a winter in Quebec, you would be crying to go back to Australia.
I have lived in northern Quebec most of my life and the reason I am telling you this is because right now, winter is at our doors. I am crying to go to Australia.

PS... have you seen any moose?  

the_underworks

SADERR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:33 pm
DIE DOUBLE POSTAH! DIEDIEDIE!!!
xD

But Canada is very friendly. I was in New Jersey, and it's digfferent even in the US. People are less likely to socialize with each other, very careful and self..I've gone and forgotten the word.
Is it the same in aussie?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:47 pm
Sugarcake, two weeks to go coast to coast ain't gonna fly. I live just outside Vancouver, so if you're coming this way and hate cold, stick to the southern half. Choose a province and stick to it. I know my way in and out of the Lower Mainland in BC, so if you like I can find you a list of places, depending on what you ldo on trips-food, shopping, sights, etc, etc.

If you like the cold, heading north would suit you well-esecially in the western side and up to the territories. Trust me, it's freakin' cold, but well worth the trip.

Lady Vendetta Iceflame

Sweet Shapeshifter

15,425 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Whisper Gently

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:26 pm
Macabre_Cogitation
@ Deific: SCREW YOUR VISUAL BASIC APPLICATIONS, besides, google is your friend.

@Wraith: I plan on going to SoCal as well, in the future. I say Northern California because I can then jump up to Oregon and Washington to visit some family and friends.

@Mort: March 2010? HMMMMMMMMMM

Don't visit California, it's really not that great.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:32 pm
I wouldn't try and see all of Canada in two weeks.
I know it's huge, it's America's kick a** Fedora! I would stick mainly to one or two cities. Stuff like that. If I liked it enough, I would probably come back and explore the colder areas.

Yes, I love the cold. I think I'm allergic to heat, actually.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:00 am
Whisper Gently
Macabre_Cogitation
@ Deific: SCREW YOUR VISUAL BASIC APPLICATIONS, besides, google is your friend.

@Wraith: I plan on going to SoCal as well, in the future. I say Northern California because I can then jump up to Oregon and Washington to visit some family and friends.

@Mort: March 2010? HMMMMMMMMMM

Don't visit California, it's really not that great.
That's what everyone who lives in a place says about it.

There's plenty of stuff to do if you've never been before.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:19 am
I've been to Canada quite a few times. I can't see that I've ever been too impressed. I mean, I'm sure that it has a lot of fun things to do, and history- but doesn't everywhere?
I'm from northern Wisconsin, so it's kind of like one... big... extension?

Oh, and watch out for the French Canadians. >.> Even other Canadians I've talked to don't like their French counterparts.

Fun Fact: My uncle killed a moose with a chainsaw once.  

Almarea Morilinde

SADERR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:45 pm
Yeah, we tend not to care too much for the frenchies. Nothing about them individually. I could care less what you speak, I have some french in me anyways. It's more of a political thing.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:48 am
Jonathonn
Yeah, we tend not to care too much for the frenchies. Nothing about them individually. I could care less what you speak, I have some french in me anyways. It's more of a political thing.
I've heard -and experienced- that it's more of an attitude thing towards Americans.  

Almarea Morilinde

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces