Submit

Renesmee?
  No.
  Is a miracle.
  The third option.
View Results

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:50 pm
While it could be safe to say that, I don't have faith in Meyer's ability to actually write something good. When I look at Twilight, it seems like it was written for her own satisfaction, and that she didn't really write it for anyone else. XP I don't know, it comes off a lot like a wet dream to me... especially with how she talks about Edward... *shudders*

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:54 pm
I think she did as well. She said the whole idea came from a dream and let's not forget that Bella is basically her. She describes Bella as her pretty and Leah as her ugly side or something to that effect.  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:01 pm
Queen-of-the-Rogue
Safe to say Stephanie could have done better on Breaking Dawn. It would have been more believable if some Cullens and Volturi died. Not the ending where everyone skips of merrily into the sunset with their lives intact.

Definitely!
It's like she pulled it out of the The Great Book Of Happy Endings. There was so much promise of fights and death and real drama, and then it fell flatter than a pancake! It's like she decided to take her story down a few notches to make herself happy. They should have at least killed Renesmee, seeing as she shouldn't exist anyways.

On a another note, I've noticed that Stephenie, once again, wrote false information about biology. Refer to the part in Twilight when Edaward and Bella are examining cells undergoing mitosis. Well, both of them take many quick, fleeting glances at the cell (yes, singular) under the microscope before properly identifying it. Well, THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN! Firstly, never will you ever get a slide with only one cell on it, they're smears of tissue containing hundreds of cells. Cells under high school powered microscopes appear to be somewhere around 2cm in diameter. That is much too small to have only one per slide. Secondly, cells undergoing prophase, metaphase and anaphase look almost exactly the same (trust me, I've done the very same lab). There are extremely subtle differences between them (prophase cells have extremely faint lines (called spindle fibres), metaphase has a slightly elongated black oval in the middle (the chromosomes lining up) and anaphase looks like a long cell). Even if you know what to look for, you could never identify it that fast, they're just to similar.

I had something else to say on the topic of Bella's intellect, but I can't remember what my example was . . . Maybe I'll remember it later.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:21 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.
Queen-of-the-Rogue
Safe to say Stephanie could have done better on Breaking Dawn. It would have been more believable if some Cullens and Volturi died. Not the ending where everyone skips of merrily into the sunset with their lives intact.

Definitely!
It's like she pulled it out of the The Great Book Of Happy Endings. There was so much promise of fights and death and real drama, and then it fell flatter than a pancake! It's like she decided to take her story down a few notches to make herself happy. They should have at least killed Renesmee, seeing as she shouldn't exist anyways.

On a another note, I've noticed that Stephenie, once again, wrote false information about biology. Refer to the part in Twilight when Edaward and Bella are examining cells undergoing mitosis. Well, both of them take many quick, fleeting glances at the cell (yes, singular) under the microscope before properly identifying it. Well, THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN! Firstly, never will you ever get a slide with only one cell on it, they're smears of tissue containing hundreds of cells. Cells under high school powered microscopes appear to be somewhere around 2cm in diameter. That is much too small to have only one per slide. Secondly, cells undergoing prophase, metaphase and anaphase look almost exactly the same (trust me, I've done the very same lab). There are extremely subtle differences between them (prophase cells have extremely faint lines (called spindle fibres), metaphase has a slightly elongated black oval in the middle (the chromosomes lining up) and anaphase looks like a long cell). Even if you know what to look for, you could never identify it that fast, they're just to similar.

I had something else to say on the topic of Bella's intellect, but I can't remember what my example was . . . Maybe I'll remember it later.

I've never done that lab but you're right you wouldn't be able to tell so quickly because I've looked at Cells before and half the time I had to look again to make sure I actually saw what I was seeing.

AS for Nessie I think she's adorable but if she was going to exist at all following the past patterns of Bella's dream Nessie should have been a boy. But we can't have that because then Jake wouldn't imprint and the baby would have been killed. But honestly Bella struck me as stupid looking back on her pregnancy. If she wanted a baby that bad she could have had another person carry her eggs if she wanted to become a vampire so quick. Also the baby communicating from inside the womb? That's far fetched as well. That only happened so Edward wouldn't kill the baby. Then Jake Imprinting on her when she's half vampire goes against why they became Wolves in the First place!  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:46 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.
Oh, yes, it's so true!
I did that lab in my biology class about a month ago. My partner and I had to BS the whole assignment because there was hardly any way of telling the cells apart.
All I could think was "Good god, Edward and Bella are ******** super geniuses."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:09 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.
Queen-of-the-Rogue

Definitely!

Hm. We never did that lab, and I was in AP Biology. I smell something fishy; the labs we did in Biology were... HARD. I still have them kicking around somewhere, I think.

Twilight Scribe

Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces