Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Smoking Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should America ban smoking?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Ruyashie

4,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:31 pm
i will admit i am a chew-er and a smoker of tobbacco and i believe its my right to do so. we are in 39th in the list of 121 countries that smoke, and alot of people act like we are #1 with all these commercial and pamplets i get at school its ridiculous.  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:21 pm
While I do not agree with the lifestyle, it would be a bad idea to ban smoking. It would be just as effective as the prohibition.

But Goodness, I hate when people are smoking outside classes on my campus. I can't escape it! There are so many smokers that I have to go out of my way to avoid that awful smoke.

No offense to people who smoke. I just can't breath the stuff. I'm very very sensitive to smoke. My grandfather died from complications of smoking and drinking. sad

But anyway...banning smoking wouldn't make it better. If anything, it would make it worse.  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500

Ruyashie

4,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:37 pm
A Lonely Leaf
While I do not agree with the lifestyle, it would be a bad idea to ban smoking. It would be just as effective as the prohibition.

But Goodness, I hate when people are smoking outside classes on my campus. I can't escape it! There are so many smokers that I have to go out of my way to avoid that awful smoke.

No offense to people who smoke. I just can't breath the stuff. I'm very very sensitive to smoke. My grandfather died from complications of smoking and drinking. sad

But anyway...banning smoking wouldn't make it better. If anything, it would make it worse.

well the thing that pisses me of the most is this bull s**t they just passed in my state where people cant smoke in restruants, doesnt matter if the restrauts are ok with it or not.  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:45 pm
That is troubling. Government should not be able to restrict options, even if I don't agree with that option. Hmm.  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500

Kingthor2282

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:58 pm
Ruyashie
i will admit i am a chew-er and a smoker of tobbacco and i believe its my right to do so. we are in 39th in the list of 121 countries that smoke, and alot of people act like we are #1 with all these commercial and pamplets i get at school its ridiculous.
In what state do they just give away free tobbacco like in this one commerical i see every time i fire up a stogie?  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:52 pm
A Lonely Leaf
That is troubling. Government should not be able to restrict options, even if I don't agree with that option. Hmm.

the church i go to is a truckstop/restraunt and even though there is a ban they still let me and others  

Ruyashie

4,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:22 pm
Well, there you go.

I just wish my campus had a designated smoking area. Then everyone would be happy. Instead, people decide to sit outside and clog the air just outside where most of the classes are.

Anyway, if people aren't enforcing a ban that small, I doubt it'll work nationally.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:10 pm
A Lonely Leaf
Well, there you go.

I just wish my campus had a designated smoking area. Then everyone would be happy. Instead, people decide to sit outside and clog the air just outside where most of the classes are.

Anyway, if people aren't enforcing a ban that small, I doubt it'll work nationally.

wow I never thought of that If somebody tells you not to press a button and then walks out the room you know what your going to do

User Image  

COMANDER COON

Ruyashie

4,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:26 am
i see on tv all these kids are volunteering to clean up ciggerate buts to help lead a smoking free future. pretty bad how no ones doin the same for alchol when it can kill people in a spilt second when smoking takes years to develop diseases.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:10 pm
Alcohol can be consumed safely in moderation. There is no safe moderate amount of cigarette smoke.  

TammiGirl

Ruyashie

4,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:14 pm
TammiGirl
Alcohol can be consumed safely in moderation. There is no safe moderate amount of cigarette smoke.

u can if its natrual like i make it. so is moonshine, best stuff for a headache  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:57 am
My state, Wisconsin, just passed a ban on smoking in all buildings. This includes bars!!! Not cool! Every bar owner I talked to is pissed off about this, even the bartenders are pissed. Freedom of choice is fine with these liberals as long as it isn't for small business owners, who WILL suffer for this. Major cities will be fine, but as far as bars in this area, were screwed.  

jesus_with_a_gun

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:14 am
Ok, now that is going too far, I believe.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:20 am
jesus_with_a_gun
My state, Wisconsin, just passed a ban on smoking in all buildings. This includes bars!!! Not cool! Every bar owner I talked to is pissed off about this, even the bartenders are pissed. Freedom of choice is fine with these liberals as long as it isn't for small business owners, who WILL suffer for this. Major cities will be fine, but as far as bars in this area, were screwed.

The issue is hardly Conservative vs Liberal... in fact, it's more personal to the individual American's life... for example my religious-right conservative family is very much for the smoking ban here in Michigan, because they view it as a hazard to your body-- which goes against the bible, as we all know that in Corinthians it tells us that our body is a temple and we should care for it, however there are liberals for and against it, and it is EXACTLY the same for the conservatives... it just depends on the individual, not how they perceive the political world.  

Nympharia

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces