Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
legalize POT Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Longshot CS-6

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:49 pm
Marijuana was legal in the US for a long time, so why not now? Its proven to be less harmful than alcohol. Also, if we legalized it and taxed it the same way we do alcohol and tobacco, the US could increase revenue by millions, even billions, and we need to pay back China.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:49 pm
I feel that this topic is settled and there verdict is legalize pot

if anyone wishes you may restart the debate buy posting a statement against legalizing pot  

goodshot911SNK

Enoine

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:45 pm
I personally think that it should be legalized. I have never tried it, and probably never will, however it could be a way for the government to raise funds. Of course, if it were legalized I would expect extreme restrictions on quantities that could be sold at once and locations where it could be used. However, for the sake of debate I will research the topic and argue that it should not be legalized if anyone should wish to continue discussion.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:09 pm
lol i just said that so that people who thought is should remain illegal got all mad and realize that most people would not mind it being legal

also I would like to add is I believe if you are a convicted felon you could not use pot  

goodshot911SNK

cherrydarlin999

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:46 pm
Really, I am 50/50 on it. I agree that Medical Marijuana should be legalized. But what i am afraid of is when it is legalized that idiots will get ahold of it. I am pretty sure that people will use it for bad purposes instead of good. My dad smoked pot for a long time. He lost his job, failed every class in college, didn't have money and lived with his parents for a long time and by doing that, he completely screwed up his life. His life would have been much better if he wouldn't have smoked. He can't find a job now since his record of car wrecks is so bad and i just wish he'd never had smoked.

Now some people may say, "Well, people can be more responsible" I am sure there are very mature and responssible people who just use it as a way to get off some stress once and a while. But there is always gonna be one village idiot in the bunch whose gonna take it the wrong way. Now the mature people, I could handle, but the idiots who don't have a job, and stay home and smoke pot because they don't have the esteem or the bravery to go out into the world and make something of themselves...just makes me sick. So...I am leaning more towards keeping it illegal.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:20 pm
cherrydarlin999
Really, I am 50/50 on it. I agree that Medical Marijuana should be legalized. But what i am afraid of is when it is legalized that idiots will get ahold of it. I am pretty sure that people will use it for bad purposes instead of good. My dad smoked pot for a long time. He lost his job, failed every class in college, didn't have money and lived with his parents for a long time and by doing that, he completely screwed up his life. His life would have been much better if he wouldn't have smoked. He can't find a job now since his record of car wrecks is so bad and i just wish he'd never had smoked.

Now some people may say, "Well, people can be more responsible" I am sure there are very mature and responssible people who just use it as a way to get off some stress once and a while. But there is always gonna be one village idiot in the bunch whose gonna take it the wrong way. Now the mature people, I could handle, but the idiots who don't have a job, and stay home and smoke pot because they don't have the esteem or the bravery to go out into the world and make something of themselves...just makes me sick. So...I am leaning more towards keeping it illegal.

That was very well put. I think in some cases it could be ok, but like you basically said it would not be good for some people.  

Pumona

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:04 pm
Pumona
cherrydarlin999

That was very well put. I think in some cases it could be ok, but like you basically said it would not be good for some people.

We can say the same thing about alcohol too.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:41 pm
cherrydarlin999

Emphasis added.

You know, monkeys have a mechanism that sorts out village idiots too. It's called natural selection. The concept used to work for homo sapiens too, till we developed the concept of a government that protects people from themselves. I don't think that should be government's role. I think if idiots want to run with scissors, we should give them sharper, multi-pointed scissors and longer easier to trip on shoe laces. If idiots misuse things the answer isn't to take it away from everyone, the answer is to remove as many obstacles as possible from the idiots killing themselves through their own irresponsibility and stupidity. Give people enough rope to hang themselves, the smart ones won't be blue and stiff in the morning.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Pumona

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:25 am
Rainbowfied Mouse
Pumona
cherrydarlin999

That is true and alcohol was illegal for awhile also. I have no issues if someone wants to do either one in moderation. I'm just not 100% sure pot should be legalized.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:36 pm
Rainbowfied Mouse
Pumona
cherrydarlin999

Exactly!  

cherrydarlin999

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

goodshot911SNK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:37 pm
well I for it if you want to do something potentially hazardous to yourself go ahead and you know the money we could make is well worth the try  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:15 am
It will soon be medically legal in all states I'd say within the next 10 maybe 20 years depending on who gets office in 2012. LOL we all know its gonna be someone on the right most likely super conservative. If so no go on legal marijuana the right is notorious for having strong views on legalization well s**t since one of the best presidents RR & the war on drugs easily the one thing I disliked about the Reagan's but I digress its a right thing maybe... if a Libertarian won but... I wouldn't hold your breath .  

Rogue Goat

COMANDER COON

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:19 pm
yeah i hate politicians they don't listen to the people they just make there own decisions not let the people decide whats best that's the kind of president we need but well i WOULDENT hold your breath for that either  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:12 pm
After smoking pot for the past 2 years I have come to the realization that criminalizing marijuana has been one of the worst moves America made. America has made $1.7 billion off of medical marijuana a year. If we legalize it in all states which have some of the worlds largest tourist attractions we would be making fortunes. Now if we just legalize it we not only have jobs but a constant flow of cash which the US dearly needs. Not to mention the advertisement,growers,vendures which will also be needed.  

Ruyashie

4,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Tsukasa wave

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:49 pm