Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Perfect World International Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:21 pm
Raike99
Tron714
nitnit

Also I have nothing against pirating, as long as you post no direct links in these forums, it's just that I remember once that tron wanted to get system shock 2, but refused to pirate it even though it's no longer sold in stores. =P

Actually I have no problem with pirating. I have issues with bit torrents. I dont know why... but they just make it harder to what I want to download. So downloading System Shock 2 was not a success. But I did get a good amount of useless files though!

Also, after graduating I am planning on making a server and might make a private server for WoW. Just for a few of my friends and others.
Unless you get a pretty well paying job, holding up a server would be kinda tough.

What you talkin about willis? Keeping a server running day and night is just like leaving my computer on all night. Its not that costly depending on what your power supply usage is.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:23 am
Then I'm hoping you're only having a very small amount of people playing, otherwise you're going to laag without a dedicated server that isn't a PC. Not to mention you won't be able to have any boss battles really. Bosses get their commands from the server, so they won't have any complex sequences beyond basic attacks.

That's how blizzard stops the top guilds from gathering the sequences of bosses from newly released raids. (For the uninformed, whenever a new raid comes out there are huge international races between the top guilds to be the first to down bosses)  

nitnit
Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:31 pm
This would just be a server for a handful of people. For around 5 to a maximum of 20 people.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:40 pm
That's fine I suppose. To be honest the only thing I liked about WoW were the raids. Fighting enormous monsters with 24 people, some of them major characters from the warcraft lore, the harder ones requiring everyone to perform well... gives a sense of accomplishment over the typical grindgrindgrind of most MMOs.

Though one cool thing about private servers is you can mod the hell out of them, which could let you guys run around as the bosses themselves if you so desire.  

nitnit
Captain

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:48 am
I could never find groups for raids, which is probably why I quit WoW.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:35 am
nitnit
That's fine I suppose. To be honest the only thing I liked about WoW were the raids. Fighting enormous monsters with 24 people, some of them major characters from the warcraft lore, the harder ones requiring everyone to perform well... gives a sense of accomplishment over the typical grindgrindgrind of most MMOs.

Though one cool thing about private servers is you can mod the hell out of them, which could let you guys run around as the bosses themselves if you so desire.

That's the thing I love about modding. Me and several friends would love to play WoW for epic boss battles like that. We just don't like the subscription fee. If I can/when I can set up the server I would love to increase the difficulty of certain bosses. And it would be nice to throw in my own concept armor ideas into the game.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:07 pm
Right, but what you don't seem to understand is that unless you can find scripts for the bosses normal commands, the bosses aren't going to do anything beyond simply attack.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:43 pm
I understand that and i understand that I probably will not be able to find the scripts. But it wont stop me from trying or writing my own.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:33 pm
Just want to get back on topic here but PWI has a decent amount of depth to it. Playing through the game for 2 strait days and got a lvl 20 Archer. I looked at the dungeons and Territory Wars and it gets me a litttle excited/motivated to grind 50 more levels. I think I have something to satisfy me til Guild Wars 2 in 2011.

Also PWI is getting an expansion adding 2 more classes and a new race to the game really soon! In like a month or 2! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:18 am
Yeah, the game has a lot going for it for a free MMO. Also I already talked about the expansion (in my main post I believe). I just sort of lost interested since I got borderlands, and continued going through games I get from gamefly.  

nitnit
Captain

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas