Tags: rose, free, stem, petal, thorn 

Reply Guild of Roses
Women's rights Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what do you think of womens rights
i was treated horribly by a guy and he told me negative things about myself and i didnt stand up for myself plz help
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 4

Connorthecreator
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:51 pm
hmmm.... how does one go about applying for this test?? xp  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:54 pm
Submit a handwritten letter to the Office of a*****e Registrars, Secondary Postal Division, 5th Subsection of the Overlord's Propaganda Magistrate.

If you get a letter back with a wad of spit on it, it means you can take the test.  

Millenium Joker

Hilarious Lunatic

Connorthecreator
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:55 pm
lol  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:04 pm
paintgirl417
first of all women had to fight for the right to vote....so in saying you shouldn't judge me becuz of wat i say. I think most guys can be jerks. if ur my friend it's weird cuz ill sit there n take wat u say. i dont hang with him anymore. i mean wen i go to skool n someone pushes me im like excuse u n they're like o im sorry and they back away lol i have my fist n the air. but seriously.....this club is supposed to be about speaking your mind,

YOU SHOULDN'T JUDGE PEOPLE BECUZ OF WHO THEY ARE, EVEN IF YOU DONT AGREE ON WHAT THEY SAY.

Ok one of the resident old farts (and maybe the only history major?
let me know if I'm wrong) is going to chime in. Now, I'm a quite a few years removed from middle school and high school, so you may find my input a little harsh, but that happens when you get old and live in the real world a few years.

To begin, I am confused as to what Women's Suffrage has to do with you going to the movies with an a-hole. Telling that guy to kiss your grits is not a matter of women's rights. It's a matter of you standing up and asserting yourself. If anything, speaking your mind falls under the First Amendment, which is a right of all Americans.

Secondly, this GUILD is about creating a community that welcomes individuals of all kinds with respect. I respect your opinions, I respect your right to express said opinions, however I do not have to agree with you. So, that being said, when you clearly state that you are open to all comments, you need to really be sure you willing to accept that there will be opinions that conflict with your own.

And I truly hate to say this, but we are ALL judgmental. We all pass judgment on each other whether we mean to or not. It's human nature. For example, from reading your first and second posts I assumed you are between the ages of 12-16. I made that judgment based on how you write. A good number of pre-teens and teens mangle the English language using sentence fragments, poor grammar and spelling, as well as text lingo. Is it fair that I make that judgment, no it's not. But I did it before I even realized I did. Aryllia brings up a good point. We're on the internet we base our first impressions of you on what you type.

Type wisely little grasshopper.  

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25

Connorthecreator
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:40 pm
Maeve of the Sea
paintgirl417
first of all women had to fight for the right to vote....so in saying you shouldn't judge me becuz of wat i say. I think most guys can be jerks. if ur my friend it's weird cuz ill sit there n take wat u say. i dont hang with him anymore. i mean wen i go to skool n someone pushes me im like excuse u n they're like o im sorry and they back away lol i have my fist n the air. but seriously.....this club is supposed to be about speaking your mind,

YOU SHOULDN'T JUDGE PEOPLE BECUZ OF WHO THEY ARE, EVEN IF YOU DONT AGREE ON WHAT THEY SAY.

Ok one of the resident old farts (and maybe the only history major?
let me know if I'm wrong) is going to chime in. Now, I'm a quite a few years removed from middle school and high school, so you may find my input a little harsh, but that happens when you get old and live in the real world a few years.

To begin, I am confused as to what Women's Suffrage has to do with you going to the movies with an a-hole. Telling that guy to kiss your grits is not a matter of women's rights. It's a matter of you standing up and asserting yourself. If anything, speaking your mind falls under the First Amendment, which is a right of all Americans.

Secondly, this GUILD is about creating a community that welcomes individuals of all kinds with respect. I respect your opinions, I respect your right to express said opinions, however I do not have to agree with you. So, that being said, when you clearly state that you are open to all comments, you need to really be sure you willing to accept that there will be opinions that conflict with your own.

And I truly hate to say this, but we are ALL judgmental. We all pass judgment on each other whether we mean to or not. It's human nature. For example, from reading your first and second posts I assumed you are between the ages of 12-16. I made that judgment based on how you write. A good number of pre-teens and teens mangle the English language using sentence fragments, poor grammar and spelling, as well as text lingo. Is it fair that I make that judgment, no it's not. But I did it before I even realized I did. Aryllia brings up a good point. We're on the internet we base our first impressions of you on what you type.

Type wisely little grasshopper.

lol, good one Maeve ^^ thats what i was thinking.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:58 pm
Thank you connor! It's amazing what my brain can accomplish when it's not being attacked by 15 preschoolers! smile  

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25

Connorthecreator
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:13 pm
its amazing what my brain can do when my parents aren't home and I'm not half asleep!

I just redid a wallpaper i did this morning for 3 hours in 5-10 mins  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:53 pm
well i agree with everyone on this.
im not gonna say my opinion becuz its gonna be something quite rude, like jokers ^^  

Kitten254

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

JDBReaper

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:01 pm
Well I would deal with it too, cuz i don't care what people think of me. At first I did care, but then I realized that most of the population of the world are complete idiots/assholes and are totally worthless to me and to the world (that if they died tomorrow, it wouldn't matter in the future). So if it gets to u, thats the real problem, not that u didn't stand up for yourself... well unless he does that A LOT (a lot being the keyword here) or he said something that really pisses u off (I mean something that goes under ur skin and scratches ur nerves and bones; what I'm saying is something that will make u go into blind fury)... then I would of said that to go off on the guy (and/or kick his a** if u can) and leave.

Joeyfish5
What rights... theres no such thing as woman rights... its
call human rights fool... i hate these sepretist terms... whats next cat rights, tree rights, nazi rights...

I agree with joey on this, but I also agree that people have no rights, just temporary privileges that can be taken away b4 u can blink. And if u don't believe this, u need to be reminded about what happened to the Japanese-Americans during WWII. Enough said. Enuff said.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:06 pm
Maeve does art history count?

what does this have to do with women's rights? we are not talking about how he was promoted and you obviously were more qualified. he did not sexual harass you at work.
what you are talking about is how someone treated you badly. maybe the discussion should be how we can treat each other better.
like hey this guy was a jerk but i should have recognized it and stood up for myself. or hey guild friends lets give each other support on how to have healthy relationships.
i agree with aryllia also.
i agree with Maeve, this has nothing to do with the topic stated.
i totally lost the point....  

tigris cobaltchaos

Apocalyptic Reindeer

jessi_angel94_2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:06 pm
Yeah, I think that we can all be real jerks here, but if you can't take the heat, don't pose the question/statement.
we are all just giving our opinions on thee matter, and if you don't like them then maybe you should either not ask for what we think or just ignore. sorry but that's what i think. almost everything in this guild is opinionated.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:07 pm
I love when historical references come up in the boards!!! I get all happy and tingly inside knowing other people paid attention to the importance of historical events in our nation and world! Man, do I wish I could move a up a few grades and teach history again!  

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25

tigris cobaltchaos

Apocalyptic Reindeer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:19 pm
i loved history too! you can teach the little ones history right? i have tried to teach elementary students art history.....and proper color theory.....  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:32 pm
history makes me all fuzzy inside, especially prehistory ^^ (at least when its correct)  

Connorthecreator
Crew

JDBReaper

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:35 pm
Maeve of the Sea
I love when historical references come up in the boards!!! I get all happy and tingly inside knowing other people paid attention to the importance of historical events in our nation and world! Man, do I wish I could move a up a few grades and teach history again!

Yay! I made someone "feel happy and tingly inside" (man this sentence sounds weird at the second glance). I'm rewarding myself with a cookie (maybe a gold star)

Plus I like a bit of history too, but when your basically learning the same thing over and over, it gets pretty boring (for example, I've been taught the holocaust about 5-6 times [twice in the actual history classes, and the rest was taught in the English classes I've been in]) its like "I get it, its was bad and we should learn from it."

Speaking of one of my English class teaching the Holocaust, heres a little ******** for U: my English teacher from last year said that we learn about the Holocaust over and over again so that we can learn from it and that it will never happen again, but she later said that historical events are circular and basically are likely to repeat. So we're learning about an event thats most likely going to happen again so it can't happen again? question question question question question  
Guild of Roses

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff