Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Borderlands Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:42 pm
If I would want to do shameful achievement boosting then I would. I do prefer a little challenge though. I think I only got 5 games completed. TES: Oblivion, Call of Duty 2, Fight Night 3, Dash of Destruction, and Phantasy Star Universe.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:20 am
I ******** hate this game....

I'm tired of it screwing me over where it puts things.

For exampel get a Claptrap repair kit, easy, Except it's hanging from a rope fifty feet off the ground, the only way to get to said ropes is by jumping to the thing it's on, but I can't figure out how to...  

Naomi_Hellsing

Enduring Lover

10,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:16 am
What... the claptrap rescues are easy, lol. Actually I found the game's only real flaw is a general lack of difficulty overall. Especially in single player, or when all of your teamates attack the same target as you.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:24 pm
The thing I've found to be truely annoying are some of the scavenger missions where you have to find gun parts. I'm on a revolver mission in the Dahl Headlnds, and I'm down I just one part. I'm using the radar and everything, and I can't figure out where it is!!!!!!!  

Haratio TaFotter

The Ginger Dude

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:42 pm
nitnit
What... the claptrap rescues are easy, lol. Actually I found the game's only real flaw is a general lack of difficulty overall. Especially in single player, or when all of your teamates attack the same target as you.
True, the difficulty and the boss fights were dissapointing, other than Nine-Toes or The bone guy forgot his name, though on the 2nd playthrough enemies are nearly impossible to kill unless you have a corrosive weapon on you, very wise to find.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:49 am
Haratio - Did you try going to the location on the map, and looking up? Often times the pieces are hanging out on top of buildings and stuff. Don't sweat it, the best weapons can be farmed from the chests in New Haven (best weapons in Playthrough 1 and 2 respectively).

Ginger Dude - I personally found that unless you're playing as the hunter or have a badass sniper the turret boss was pretty tricky. Never had any real difficulty with nine toes, and bonehead was only tough if you didn't level up.

After you beat the second playthrough all the bosses become level 51 versions, and all the enemies become level 48-51. You also encounter "superbad" enemies. Fun stuff, but after I got some ridiculous weapons from farming chests in new haven, the whole game lost its appeal.

PvP is completely broken since damage dealt >>>>> player health, plus sirens and berserkers have amazing active skills for PvP, and the hunter has really good builds (you get 1 shotted from a revolver or sniper). Roland can only really work well in a 2v2 PvP setting sweatdrop  

nitnit
Captain

The Ginger Dude

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:19 pm
Hey nitnit what weapons do you mostly use?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:03 pm
Being a soldier I mostly use combat rifles, but I also liked every weapon other than the eridian ones.  

nitnit
Captain

Cybylt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:10 am
Haratio TaFotter
The thing I've found to be truely annoying are some of the scavenger missions where you have to find gun parts. I'm on a revolver mission in the Dahl Headlnds, and I'm down I just one part. I'm using the radar and everything, and I can't figure out where it is!!!!!!!

Don't go by the mission marker, it only tells the general area of all the parts, make sure nothing's lying around and look for a dropped item marker(the money bag) and follow that. Makes things so much easier for those missions.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:57 am
nitnit
Haratio - Did you try going to the location on the map, and looking up? Often times the pieces are hanging out on top of buildings and stuff. Don't sweat it, the best weapons can be farmed from the chests in New Haven (best weapons in Playthrough 1 and 2 respectively).

Yeah, I did that a few times. As it turned out, the last part was hidden on a dead body about twenty feet from where the map marker said it was.

Yeah, I do the farming thing in New Haven rather often. Mostly I just get crap to sell, but lately I've been getting some really good equiptment, primarily in the shotgun department (some scoped one that shoots electric rockets and another scoped one that fires really fast for a pump-action and has a 24 round magazine).

I use Combat rifles most of the time, but I'm currently having a love affair with a Jakob's long-barreled revolver lol.  

Haratio TaFotter

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces