Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Awesome, right?
  Yep.
  Yep.
View Results

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:28 pm
Buckner, it was good playing with you! My first online match with a GGE.

I'm trying to unlock the FAL (as I love it in single player with the shotgun attachment) but it's taking a while. Although you can equip two attachments onto a gun eventually, I still haven't been able to do it. Right now I'm using the SCAR as my primary and the M79 as secondary. I actually prefer the M79 over other launchers just for its trajectory. It's good at getting over things, and into windows and stuff, but it's not as slow to detonate as hand grenades.

I'm fooling with the one attachment I get on my SCAR--usually the suppressor because not appearing on radar is useful to me. I'm using the red dot sight right now, just to unlock the holographic sight, but really I like the SCAR's standard sight--it's very slim and easy to see it against the enemies. FN = awesome.

I guess I should get a headset soon. But Christmas is coming up and I've already been spending too much, so I need to hold onto my money a little more.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:43 am
Sgt Buckner
OberFeldwebel
Thdark
Just picked it up.

I can't believe how many perks, attachments and.... STUFF there is.
It's a bit of sensory overload.

Oh, and my gamertag is Karabiner 98

Wait...
Perks?
Like CoD: WaW?

If so;
Not getting it.

Almost any weapon and be suppressed, including the SPAS12 and RPD

Martyrdom is a death perk, so it only happens after you have been killed 4 times in a row. And it unlocks much later.

"Double Tap" is now "Rapid Fire" and is a weapon attachment :/

NEW!
Bling: 2 weapon attachments
Marathon: unlimited sprint
Scavenger: resupply from dead enemies
Cold Blooded: undetectable by UAV and Heartbeat sensor
Scrambler: jams radar of enemies near you

Stopping Power returns!
Slight of Hand returns!
Steady Aim returns!
I hear there's a perk for throwing knives. That could be interesting.

@Requiem: That game is only as violent as you make it. It's perfectly possible to beat the entire game without hurting anyone.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:25 am
Fresnel
Sgt Buckner
OberFeldwebel
Thdark
Just picked it up.

Wait...
Perks?

If so;
Not getting it.

Martyrdom is a death perk, so it only happens after you have been killed 4 times in a row. And it unlocks much later.

NEW!

Stopping Power returns!
Slight of Hand returns!
Steady Aim returns!
I hear there's a perk for throwing knives. That could be interesting.

@Requiem: That game is only as violent as you make it. It's perfectly possible to beat the entire game without hurting anyone.

There is indeed a perk for throwing knives... sort of. One throwing knife, assigned to the right bumper. It's thrown forward very quickly with a pretty straight trajectory at close range, and can be picked up to use again. I've only used it once, but the single time I threw it I got a direct hit to the opponent's face for an instant kill. I'll have to use it more to tell how worthwhile it is, but it's a very stylish way to a kill.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:49 am
Sgt Buckner
OberFeldwebel
Thdark
Just picked it up.

Wait...
Perks?

If so;
Not getting it.

NEW!

Stopping Power returns!
Slight of Hand returns!
Steady Aim returns!

I can see the weapon modifications, those are more or less realistic, except for the suppressors on shotguns and ******** MGs.

That Scavenger perk is pretty cool.

So wait, from the old only STOPPIN' POWAH, Slight of hand and steady aim are there?

I might get it.
But if s**t like juggernaut and martyrdom (even though you have used your grenades) remains, No.

So wait, martyrdom doesn't happen EVERY time you die?
I think they fixed a few things that pissed me off.
Too many retards running around corners with the double shotty and martyrdom perk.

That 'Double tap' perk is retarded.
I hope they didn't keep the weapon's accuracy.

I might actually get this game after all, instead of just pirating it.
But still, $60 for a console game is insane.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:25 pm
OberFeldwebel
I can see the weapon modifications, those are more or less realistic, except for the suppressors on shotguns and ******** MGs.
After finding a suppressed Pancor Jackhammer in 7.62mm, I'm starting to wonder. Does anyone know if the Jackhammer had an optional suppression system? Also, MG36? Totally suppressible.

Also, it was the PANCOR that you can rig up the drum to be a claymore. I've been looking for that for YEARS.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:52 pm
I can't say much about later perks being overpowered, since the game's only been out two days and I've only ever seen up to a lever 40 guy. I'm only on 21 right now. And although the "bling" (facepalm here) perk allows two attachments, it keeps me from using the fast reload perk. Just today I was held up by a metal staircase while four op fors were storming the building. They took out one of my comrades but with a good flashbang throw I was able to eliminate three of them. The fourth guy beat me by a hair, but without that fast reload I might have only gotten one or two.  

ArmasTermin

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:19 pm
ArmasTermin
Buckner, it was good playing with you! My first online match with a GGE.

I'm trying to unlock the FAL (as I love it in single player with the shotgun attachment) but it's taking a while. Although you can equip two attachments onto a gun eventually, I still haven't been able to do it. Right now I'm using the SCAR as my primary and the M79 as secondary. I actually prefer the M79 over other launchers just for its trajectory. It's good at getting over things, and into windows and stuff, but it's not as slow to detonate as hand grenades.

I'm fooling with the one attachment I get on my SCAR--usually the suppressor because not appearing on radar is useful to me. I'm using the red dot sight right now, just to unlock the holographic sight, but really I like the SCAR's standard sight--it's very slim and easy to see it against the enemies. FN = awesome.

I guess I should get a headset soon. But Christmas is coming up and I've already been spending too much, so I need to hold onto my money a little more.

Apparently the phone mics that you can get at the dollar general store work as headsets! I'm going to ask my friend and post his answer; he's the one that told me this.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:51 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
After finding a suppressed Pancor Jackhammer in 7.62mm, I'm starting to wonder. Does anyone know if the Jackhammer had an optional suppression system? Also, MG36? Totally suppressible.

Also, it was the PANCOR that you can rig up the drum to be a claymore. I've been looking for that for YEARS.

Yeah, but why?
Suppressors lose their effectiveness as they're used.
They wear out. On an MG they'd be worthless fast!

They'd also melt and would probably even burn depending on the materials involved.

If the shotgun is firing a solid projectile I can see it, but not anything in a sabot.

Also, the flat faced slug on a shotgun would wear out the suppressor fast, just like the Nagant Revolvers did.

PANCOR;

lol wut?  

OberFeldwebel

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:13 am
First let me mention that although it's easy to get caught up in the multiplayer... the single player campaign is extremely awesome. It's continued to be epic and over-the-top since the very beginning, and makes you feel like a total badass. Also twists and turns abound in the storyline. For once the cut scenes are fairly bland and it's you in game that gets to do the best stuff. I mean when I repelled down the rock face over the guy, grabbed him by the head and shoved the combat knife into his neck like some kind of ******** ninja, I knew it was the game for me. heart

Actually I knew it was the game for me (long) before that, but you know.

Also: Pancor Jackhammer:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:47 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Yeah, but why?
Suppressors lose their effectiveness as they're used.
They wear out. On an MG they'd be worthless fast!

They'd also melt and would probably even burn depending on the materials involved.
They'd last the battle, though. And if they didn't, by that point you kind of don't need them any more.

Quote:
If the shotgun is firing a solid projectile I can see it, but not anything in a sabot.

Also, the flat faced slug on a shotgun would wear out the suppressor fast, just like the Nagant Revolvers did.
At the point when the shot exits the barrel, it's still a solid projectile inside the cup. And in 7.62, you have to use special "Jackshot" buckshot rounds in the Jackhammer, and it won't fit slugs or flechettes. If it weren't for the suppressor, I'd be using the USAS-12, with a TWENTY-round drum, instead of 10.

Quote:
PANCOR;

lol wut?
Yeah... hook the thing up with a tripwire, and when it's tripped it fires all ten shells at once. They called it "The Beartrap".  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:41 pm
silly russians...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:22 pm
"I find your lack of faith disturbing..."

Um, that pic you have is from CoD4.

ANYWAY, I don't really care if I murdered thousands of VIRTUAL people. It adds to the experience of the game. I don't think you can really experience the game properly unless you play through that level. It's the reason why everything else happens.

Also, the multiplayer is just freaking AWESOME. Bling Perk; totally worth it all. Hardline Perk; also worth it all. AC130, don't even get me started on the AC. And the Nuke. HOLY SH*T.

I really enjoy the game. The only complaint that I have about it is how short the campaign is. ONLY problem I have with it.

-Darth Vader: The Original Trilogy

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:04 pm
I've now unlocked the FN FAL and .44 Magnum revolver, to put together my standard loadout. I could have sworn remembering the FAL being automatic, though. It's semi-in game. Or maybe the selector switch is just forced onto semi for use.

Either way it's great, but I hate the sights. Too thick and enclosed, making it hard to project squarely on the enemy.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I put on a red dot sight and that doubled my efficiency with it.

Iv'e also been screwing around with a Riot Shield/Glock 18 loadout for fun. The throwing knife becomes super useful with that package because of how close you can get to the enemy and how fast it can be thrown. And I'm sure the snipers on my teams (I play Mercenary Team Deathmatch mostly) appreciate the cover I give when I put up my shield by a window they're firing from. Gives them a lot more cover.

The firearm accuracy I've found to be generally spot-on. The G18 recoils and fires just like I've seen it on dozens of videos (of course all of those show it held with two hands. Why aren't pistols in-game held with two hands?) Thought even striker-fired pistols will "click" on empty, which isn't right.

I finished the single player campaign. It is extremely short, but also extremely good. Still haven't dabbled in "Special Ops" mode.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:37 pm
Spec Ops is crazy. The last missions are hard as heck. Fun though.

The FN FAL seems to be this games G3 equivalent. Except far better. As for being semi-automatic, perhaps they confused it with the Brits version, the SLR? Who knows, it is what it is now.

Thdark

Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces