Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:12 pm
When did I get my first job? This year during summer.

I'm a writing assistant (English tutor) at the learning support center at my college. I don't make much, nor do I get many hours, but I feel good about what I do.

It has also made me a larger grammar Nazi than I used to be.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:25 am
Dornkus

I'm a writing assistant (English tutor) at the learning support center at my college. I don't make much, nor do I get many hours, but I feel good about what I do.

Wow!! I had no idea you were in college Dornkus! all this time I thought you were in HS for some reason. "writing assistance" sounds very neat.  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:30 am
@J and Zizzy
Your parents sound like mines. My mom didn't want me to get a job at all until after high school. Toward the end of high school I got a job b/c my mom said I needed to 'understand the real world and understand the value of money" since I'm used to getting whatever I want...I didn't really understand 100 and so is a lot of money. I like working where I am though. And I learned a whole lot. ^_^ heart I've also met a lot of nice people along the year or two I've been here.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:35 am
0Moon_Maiden0

Baby sitting. I wondered if I would be able to do that. Was it fun? ^_^

dragontamer363
I'm still a slacker since I've always focused 100% on my schoolwork and been lucky with govermment loans/bursaires. sweatdrop
College must be fun just going full time with no job worries!! ^_^

MonkeyFen
My first job was at 19 at Circuit City . . . which no longer is existing.
It had it's ups and downs (Black Friday was a down) but overall is was fun.
I'm still looking for a new one
sweatdrop

I remember I really wanted to work at a store like Gamestop or Barnes n nobles. I thought it would be fun but since i was under 18 (17 to be persise) I never was able to work there and just didn't bother with getting a job until 18. I still think a place where I can get discount on videogames would be awesome to work at! ^_-  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:37 am
klikkhaus
I got my first summer job when I was 14.
Since then I've always worked during summer vacation,
and when I was 15 I started working suring my Christmas vacation as well.

My first job was this cleaning/maintence/gardening thing for the city that's called 'Teen-work' here in Iceland, and most kids start working there during the summer at age 14.
When I was 15 instead of doing like the rest of my age group and working at the teen work thing during the summer again, I started working at the post office,
which meant longer hours, more working months (since the teen work thing only lasts about two months) and much more pay :]
After that I pretty much had a reserved job during the summer months and Christmas vacation at the post office, and I took use of that,
until this summer when I got a job as a maid at a hotel instead.

I've never had too clean as many sperm-stains in my life
D=

Ew!! What a job! (The hotel) Will you be going back? They had to have decent pay for that job right?
A popular teen work place here where I live is "Sesame Place". (The themepark) I remember in highschool almost everyone seemed to work there in summer time.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:39 am
Custom Kiwi
Sperm stains in hotel rooms. Ew....

Ok I got my first job when I was 17. It was at the local '4 Square' supermarket and I worked there over the summer. My job was to make sure the drinks fridges were kept full, the produce was stocked up and the milk fridges were full. When all that was done, I had to stack things up out the back and then price things in the store, as well as break up random boxes and put them in the recycle bin. All this in the summer heat. Then when all that was done, I had to re-do it all haha. It sucked but I got a lot of money out of it and the people were nice. I think I'll end up going to work there again this summer because the course I'm doing is nearly finished and out of the 12 jobs I've applied to, only one has got back to me declining me lols. fml.
lol Aw! At least one of them took the time to let you know they declined you. The summer job sounds repetitive but if there's nice people that always make working a bit easier too. ^_^  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Trtltot

Demonic Kitten

12,200 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Mark Twain 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:46 am
i was 16 and worked at a carnival~!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:56 am
XxCotton Candy CupcakexX

That sounds fun. What did you do there?  

0Moon_Maiden0

kawaiitanpopo

Distinct Gaian

8,750 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:25 pm
I got my first non-mom's work job at a movie theatre a couple years ago. It was the worst job EVER. I quickly quit (after about a month) and immediately went into my second job temporarily doing data entry for the county government for one of their projects. I made bank. I spent the money from my very first paycheck on purchasing a Wii. I went to Best Buy every day to try to find one and on the third day of trying, they had one in stock. It was awesome! It almost made working at that horrible job worth it! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:06 pm
Do commissions count? I hoping this one that I was discussing with a lady yesterday falls through. If it does and she likes the result well enough she then might hire me to paint a mural in her grandson's bedroom-Thomas the Engine.....oh boy. lol The show creeped me out as a kid. haha  

0Moon_Maiden0

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:45 pm
im still studying.. lols and i dont have work experience yet  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:48 pm
kawaiitanpopo
I got my first non-mom's work job at a movie theatre a couple years ago. It was the worst job EVER. I quickly quit (after about a month) and immediately went into my second job temporarily doing data entry for the county government for one of their projects. I made bank. I spent the money from my very first paycheck on purchasing a Wii. I went to Best Buy every day to try to find one and on the third day of trying, they had one in stock. It was awesome! It almost made working at that horrible job worth it! 4laugh

wow.. i wanna try that smile  

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:49 pm
XxCotton Candy CupcakexX

oh.. what did you exactly do at the carnival.. ? smile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:22 am
Arch Angel Neko
XxCotton Candy CupcakexX

oh.. what did you exactly do at the carnival.. ? smile
My question too! ^_ ^ I bet hat would be fun!  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:22 pm
Moonlight_HuangHou
Dornkus

Wow!! I had no idea you were in college Dornkus! all this time I thought you were in HS for some reason. "writing assistance" sounds very neat.

Yep. I've been in college for over a year now. It's just community college, but it's better than nothing.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff