Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Animal Lovers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all animal lovers and pet owners 

Tags: animal lovers, pets, animals, cats birds dogs fish reptile, official animal lovers guild 

Reply Main Forum
Weird animals? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Foofy_Miru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:59 pm
Anteaters are cool. So are german shepherds... But I'd take a Dane or a boxer over a GSD any day. Gimme my smooshy-nosed big things! Speaking of weird animals, I think the smooshy-nosed little dogs are weird. Like pugs. And my Brussels Griffon.

User Image

Isn't it funny-lookin?? =D His name is Stump, and his nickname is "Face." ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:28 pm
im not usually a fan of smooched faced dogs, but he is so cute! shepherds, toy poodles, and border collies will always be my favorite dogs.

right now we have a shepherd mix and a toy poodle and it is patheticly adorable when they rough house or play tug of war whee  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Foofy_Miru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:00 am
Shanna66
im not usually a fan of smooched faced dogs, but he is so cute! shepherds, toy poodles, and border collies will always be my favorite dogs.

right now we have a shepherd mix and a toy poodle and it is patheticly adorable when they rough house or play tug of war whee

Why, thank you! He's my grumpy little funny face. He turned 3 just a few days ago, too... =3

I think growing up with Boxers has made me extremely biased to heavy and smash-nosed things. My closest favorite breed I get to "long-nosed" is Great Dane... Though I wouldn't mind having a doberman around. I loooove big, muscley dogs. Dunno why, I just do. The bigger the better. (Hence: Great Dane is my second-favorite breed. Boxer is #1, Pit Bull and English Mastiff are at war for #3...) I'm weird like that. =)

Awww! It is too cute for words when the big dogs start playing with little ones. It's even better to watch two happy-as-a-clam Boxers go at it... They literally box! (Who would've guessed!) It's especially adorable when Stump and his brother (Gram's dog) get going. They're like little wannabe Boxers, only 20 and 25 lbs instead of 75 and 100 lbs. =)  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:06 am
Foofy_Miru
Shanna66

Why, thank you! He's my grumpy little funny face. He turned 3 just a few days ago, too... =3

I think growing up with Boxers has made me extremely biased to heavy and smash-nosed things. My closest favorite breed I get to "long-nosed" is Great Dane... Though I wouldn't mind having a doberman around. I loooove big, muscley dogs. Dunno why, I just do. The bigger the better. (Hence: Great Dane is my second-favorite breed. Boxer is #1, Pit Bull and English Mastiff are at war for #3...) I'm weird like that. =)

Awww! It is too cute for words when the big dogs start playing with little ones. It's even better to watch two happy-as-a-clam Boxers go at it... They literally box! (Who would've guessed!) It's especially adorable when Stump and his brother (Gram's dog) get going. They're like little wannabe Boxers, only 20 and 25 lbs instead of 75 and 100 lbs. =)

i love pits to death, they are so cute and sweat. sadly the fiance is one of THOSE kind of people when it comes to pits so ill never get to have one  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Sarahmooo
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:34 am
Aw, he is cute!
I love German Shepherds, Huskies, and um.
Too many others to name lol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:40 pm
How could you possibly be in love with someone who thinks pits are evil...?? o.O I think you should take him to a Pit bull rescue and introduce him to some of the nice pitties. Prove him wrong!!! =D

Skittle: Why thank you! ^___^
I once wanted a husky. I fell in love with my friend's husky, and wanted one for mooonths after. Then I found out how active they are and how much they roam. I still LOVE them, but I'd rather have another boxer or a mastiff. =)  

Foofy_Miru

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:11 am
Foofy_Miru
How could you possibly be in love with someone who thinks pits are evil...?? o.O I think you should take him to a Pit bull rescue and introduce him to some of the nice pitties. Prove him wrong!!! =D

Skittle: Why thank you! ^___^
I once wanted a husky. I fell in love with my friend's husky, and wanted one for mooonths after. Then I found out how active they are and how much they roam. I still LOVE them, but I'd rather have another boxer or a mastiff. =)

he has alot of good qualities. plus its not like he wants the breed killed off, he just doesnt want us having one, he is fine with other people owning them. not to mention he is one of the only men i know who isnt afraid of snakes XD  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:39 pm
What is it with men who fear snakes?? All of the big, buff guys around here are terrified... My cousin, who's in his 30s and has his own construction company; my dad's best friend, in his 50s and would have started his own construction company... My dad is terrified of anything remotely bigger than Osiris (you should have seen his face when I told him he had to hold Lucy for me--he did it, but it was still funny)... My older brother is crazy nervous around them (especially after Lucy bit me--he won't even hold a corn snake!)... Agh. It's sad. Then you've got the contrary of all the stereotypes--it's the girls in this town who like snakes!! Lol... Oh, wait, got off on a mini-tangent. Sorry. xD

Eh... I guess you can't toss the guy aside because of one minor flaw. I hope you manage to change his opinion, though. 'Sides, how often do you come across a guy who will embrace your strange reptilian hobby? Seriously... I know maybe 3. You'd only be luckier if you managed to catch a guy who kept herps of his own... Lol.  

Foofy_Miru

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:24 am
Foofy_Miru
What is it with men who fear snakes?? All of the big, buff guys around here are terrified... My cousin, who's in his 30s and has his own construction company; my dad's best friend, in his 50s and would have started his own construction company... My dad is terrified of anything remotely bigger than Osiris (you should have seen his face when I told him he had to hold Lucy for me--he did it, but it was still funny)... My older brother is crazy nervous around them (especially after Lucy bit me--he won't even hold a corn snake!)... Agh. It's sad. Then you've got the contrary of all the stereotypes--it's the girls in this town who like snakes!! Lol... Oh, wait, got off on a mini-tangent. Sorry. xD

Eh... I guess you can't toss the guy aside because of one minor flaw. I hope you manage to change his opinion, though. 'Sides, how often do you come across a guy who will embrace your strange reptilian hobby? Seriously... I know maybe 3. You'd only be luckier if you managed to catch a guy who kept herps of his own... Lol.

i keep one of my snakes at his house, does that count? plus he also loves rats. not often you find another person who loves rats, snakes, and cats. those are 3 animals i refuse to live without.

my fiance and my father are the only 2 men i know who arent afraid of snakes. ive met plenty men who say they have owned large snakes before but freak out when i tell them i have a ball python rolleyes one guy i dated was even afraid of my little leopard geckos. that relationship died that day lol

im still working on him with the pitbull thing though. at the moment he is getting boxers and pits mixed up so i dont really know if there is any hope for the poor boy lol  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:22 pm
Boxers and pits don't even look alike... You know, other than being stout... WTH?? o.O I'm not sure I could do a guy who has any "hard feelings" of any sort toward Boxers. (Which probably also means he doesn't like great danes or mastiffs...) Big dogs are one thing I can't live without. Not liking pits is one thing--the media LOVES making them the "bad dog"--but disliking all bullies & similar breeds is one of those "last straws." Not making any assumptions about your BF--just saying. =P

Probably the only reason I know guys who aren't afraid of snakes is that most the guys I know are teenagers... =P  

Foofy_Miru

Sarahmooo
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:02 am
I only know one guy that's afraid of snakes, and that's my dad.
It's really funny too, because he's a big redneck.
But he's scared of snakes, mice, lizards, and he doesn't like dogs.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:20 am
Foofy_Miru
Boxers and pits don't even look alike... You know, other than being stout... WTH?? o.O I'm not sure I could do a guy who has any "hard feelings" of any sort toward Boxers. (Which probably also means he doesn't like great danes or mastiffs...) Big dogs are one thing I can't live without. Not liking pits is one thing--the media LOVES making them the "bad dog"--but disliking all bullies & similar breeds is one of those "last straws." Not making any assumptions about your BF--just saying. =P

Probably the only reason I know guys who aren't afraid of snakes is that most the guys I know are teenagers... =P

when i was dating adults most of them were still afraid of snakes, but the oldest guy besides my fiance i ever dated was 26

and he likes boxers, he just cant tell the difference between a boxer and a pit. im not sure how he feels about the other bully breeds. idk, maybe its just because we only plan on owning shepherds and toy poodles but im willing to forgive him on that as long as he is still agaisnt BSL

@skittleo
my dad is afraid of my biggest rat, pickles. sure pickles has to be housed alone because he tries to kill the other rats and yes i like to feed my boys live bugs as treats but he wouldnt ever hurt a human. my dad loves holding my ball python. he used to catch csnakes when he was younger so he likes them a bit  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Foofy_Miru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:38 pm
Big redneck guys and hicks are the ones you can always count on to be afraid of snakes... My dad and his best friend are total hicks. My phobic cousin is rather hick-ish. And every local hick who finds out I have snakes gets this weird, freaked out look on his face... Or says "ew, why?" or something.

Haha. Maybe it's just teenagers around here that haven't developed up their serpentine phobias yet. I can think of at least dozen boys between ages of 5 and 18 that I've met/known in the last few months that like/love snakes, or at least don't mind them. Pretty good for such a small town, and it certainly makes the number of adult men I know that aren't afraid of snakes (um.. 3? 4?) extremely sad.

Well, boxers are close enough to pit bulls. There's hope!! Tell him about how pits and boxers are really very alike. (They really are, when you think about it..) Tell him about how pits are just as good (if not better!) as family dogs as boxers are, explain to him that pits get their bad reputation because of bad owners who take advantage of their desire to please, high pain tolerance, and "tough" appearance... Etc, etc. Sorry if I'm pushing the issue at all. I don't see any reason for anyone to fear/dislike pits to any extent, so, to me, educating my future spouse (or anyone else) on the matter would be worth it whether or not I/we (or they) ever planned on owning one.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:00 am
Foofy_Miru
Big redneck guys and hicks are the ones you can always count on to be afraid of snakes... My dad and his best friend are total hicks. My phobic cousin is rather hick-ish. And every local hick who finds out I have snakes gets this weird, freaked out look on his face... Or says "ew, why?" or something.

Haha. Maybe it's just teenagers around here that haven't developed up their serpentine phobias yet. I can think of at least dozen boys between ages of 5 and 18 that I've met/known in the last few months that like/love snakes, or at least don't mind them. Pretty good for such a small town, and it certainly makes the number of adult men I know that aren't afraid of snakes (um.. 3? 4?) extremely sad.

Well, boxers are close enough to pit bulls. There's hope!! Tell him about how pits and boxers are really very alike. (They really are, when you think about it..) Tell him about how pits are just as good (if not better!) as family dogs as boxers are, explain to him that pits get their bad reputation because of bad owners who take advantage of their desire to please, high pain tolerance, and "tough" appearance... Etc, etc. Sorry if I'm pushing the issue at all. I don't see any reason for anyone to fear/dislike pits to any extent, so, to me, educating my future spouse (or anyone else) on the matter would be worth it whether or not I/we (or they) ever planned on owning one.

oh its fine. every once in a while ill see a pit, go over to pet it, tell him its a pit, or ill just say random nice things about them in hopes to break him down.

i mean he adores shepherds which are suposed to be a "killer breed" like pits. the problem is he is one of those men who thinks he knows everything and sometimes refuses to listen to others. its one of the things i love and hate about him xp

i have a friend who claims to be allergic to all snakes (i dont believe her) so she kills any wild ones she sees in her yard. she lives too far away to call me everytime she sees one.  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Sarahmooo
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:24 am
Foofy_Miru

Haha
Well, at least I have some funny stories about him with rats and snakes xD

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas