Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dandy Panties

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:47 pm
Did you really make that up, sweetie? XD  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:53 pm
Envira Heartstrings
Did you really make that up, sweetie? XD

Yes! Thought it was kinda amusing so I posted it up here!  

PolarShocK

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:33 pm
PolarShocK
Psycho Lee
Should post it somewhere where there's more furries, like fur affinity.

Made some changes:

PolarShocK

FAP TO DISNEY
LIKE A BOSS

OBSESS OVER ANIME
LIKE A BOSS
WATCH WOLFS RAIN
LIKE A BOSS

CURL UP AND CRY
LIKE A BOSS
CUT YOUR ******** WRISTS
LIKE A BOSS

POST ON 4CHAN
LIKE A BOSS
FURRY FRIDAY
LIKE A BOSS
GET SPAMMED
LIKE A BOSS
YIFF IN HELL YOU f**
LIKE A BOSS

GO TO FURMEETS
LIKE A BOSS
GET MOLESTED
LIKE A BOSS
MAKE A FURSONA
LIKE A BOSS
GIVE IT TWENTY DICKS
LIKE A BOSS
AND SHITTING d**k NIPPLES
LIKE A BOSS

DRAW ART OF YOURSELF
LIKE A BOSS
WITH VORE AND INFLATION
LIKE A BOSS

I have posted it on FurAffinity, and thank you for rewriting my work. Remind me to recolour some of your art or something without asking sometime.

Um, I was just trying to be helpful.

Next time, try being less of a giant ******** a*****e when people give you constructive criticism or alternate ideas.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:25 pm
Psycho Lee
PolarShocK
Psycho Lee
Should post it somewhere where there's more furries, like fur affinity.

Made some changes:

PolarShocK

FAP TO DISNEY
LIKE A BOSS

OBSESS OVER ANIME
LIKE A BOSS
WATCH WOLFS RAIN
LIKE A BOSS

CURL UP AND CRY
LIKE A BOSS
CUT YOUR ******** WRISTS
LIKE A BOSS

POST ON 4CHAN
LIKE A BOSS
FURRY FRIDAY
LIKE A BOSS
GET SPAMMED
LIKE A BOSS
YIFF IN HELL YOU f**
LIKE A BOSS

GO TO FURMEETS
LIKE A BOSS
GET MOLESTED
LIKE A BOSS
MAKE A FURSONA
LIKE A BOSS
GIVE IT TWENTY DICKS
LIKE A BOSS
AND SHITTING d**k NIPPLES
LIKE A BOSS

DRAW ART OF YOURSELF
LIKE A BOSS
WITH VORE AND INFLATION
LIKE A BOSS

I have posted it on FurAffinity, and thank you for rewriting my work. Remind me to recolour some of your art or something without asking sometime.

Next time, try being less of a giant ******** a*****e when people give you constructive criticism or alternate ideas.

You didn't give any form of constructive criticism. You told me to post it somewhere else (rather than asking if I had posted it anywhere else) and said "Made some changes". Look up the meaning of constructive criticism before you use it, mate. And alternate ideas were unneeded, It's only something dumb I wrote for a laugh, I wasn't looking for appraisal or tips on how to make it better.

Reworking someones creation isn't good form. I'm a writer, so words are my art and are very precious to me. If you posted a picture to FurAffinity only to find someone had reposted it and changed a few things going "Yeah this is how I think you should have done it" you'd be more than a little pissed off.

Furthermore, reducing yourself to childish name calling is just unnecessary. Please try to be mature when/if you reply.  

PolarShocK

Shaviv

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:23 am
Impulsivity can be a dangerous thing.

Giving constructive criticism is hard, though. You have to find a way to point out the issues with someone's work without offending him, and many people are quite, quite touchy about this stuff - even to the point of taking offense when you highlight glaring grammatical flaws.

If someone posts his work... well, let's see some posting I made recently on the matter.

Quote:
Verb tense inconsistencies and nonstandard punctuation (lack of commas where they should be) are somewhat of an issue.

Two [sic] things you could do:

1. Sit down with someone, with a printed copy or even two, and proofread. If you print this off in black, use ink of a color that will stand out - you don't want to miss anything, because when you're done you're going to have to go back and correct everything that's been fixed.

2. Read it out loud, with your mouth or in your mind's ear. Think about the prosody of the dialogue, or of the narration. The rhythm of it, the way the reader's voice will rise and fall... punctuation indicates a lot of that.

3. Take breaks from writing, not too often, but not too far apart, either.

I don't want to come across as a total hardass, btw, I got a kick out of this story.

The key is to try to be tactful. If you have to redline someone's material, quote it and then pencil in suggested changes - you should only do this to correct actual errors, though. For suggested content changes, just say something along the lines of "You might also want to add..."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:54 am
Mort was right Asshold season has begun  

CyrusVillalobo

Shirtless Werewolf

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200

ImperialAuthority

Gallant Paladin

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:56 am
told you
like a boss <.< >.>  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:13 am
grats polar...your poem made me lol...btw glad to see another polar bear  

Aijo_Iceblood

PolarShocK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:13 am
Shaviv
Impulsivity can be a dangerous thing.

Giving constructive criticism is hard, though. You have to find a way to point out the issues with someone's work without offending him, and many people are quite, quite touchy about this stuff - even to the point of taking offense when you highlight glaring grammatical flaws.

If someone posts his work... well, let's see some posting I made recently on the matter.

Quote:
Verb tense inconsistencies and nonstandard punctuation (lack of commas where they should be) are somewhat of an issue.

Two [sic] things you could do:

1. Sit down with someone, with a printed copy or even two, and proofread. If you print this off in black, use ink of a color that will stand out - you don't want to miss anything, because when you're done you're going to have to go back and correct everything that's been fixed.

2. Read it out loud, with your mouth or in your mind's ear. Think about the prosody of the dialogue, or of the narration. The rhythm of it, the way the reader's voice will rise and fall... punctuation indicates a lot of that.

3. Take breaks from writing, not too often, but not too far apart, either.

I don't want to come across as a total hardass, btw, I got a kick out of this story.

The key is to try to be tactful. If you have to redline someone's material, quote it and then pencil in suggested changes - you should only do this to correct actual errors, though. For suggested content changes, just say something along the lines of "You might also want to add..."

Yeah, I totally agree, that is the proper manner to politely suggest corrections and possible changes. I probably wouldn't have minded at all if he had handled the rewriting in a different way, such as the one you suggested, but it felt like it was more a case of "Here, I can do it better" rather than "Here's how I think you could improve it".

I've posted my work in the artists section in this guild, and have asked for constructive criticism there. Feel free to let me know what you think, but please DO NOT rewrite anything without my permission/asking first, guys!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:17 am
ImperialAuthority
told you
like a boss <.< >.>

xD  

shishigashira

Gallant Knight

10,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100

PolarShocK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:23 am
Aijo_Iceblood
grats polar...your poem made me lol...btw glad to see another polar bear

Hey bro!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:37 am
blackrose_naga
ImperialAuthority
told you
like a boss <.< >.>

xD

lol epic  

CyrusVillalobo

Shirtless Werewolf

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:23 pm
PolarShocK
Psycho Lee
PolarShocK

You didn't give any form of constructive criticism. You told me to post it somewhere else (rather than asking if I had posted it anywhere else) and said "Made some changes". Look up the meaning of constructive criticism before you use it, mate. And alternate ideas were unneeded, It's only something dumb I wrote for a laugh, I wasn't looking for appraisal or tips on how to make it better.

Reworking someones creation isn't good form. I'm a writer, so words are my art and are very precious to me. If you posted a picture to FurAffinity only to find someone had reposted it and changed a few things going "Yeah this is how I think you should have done it" you'd be more than a little pissed off.

Furthermore, reducing yourself to childish name calling is just unnecessary. Please try to be mature when/if you reply.

All right then.

First off, I suggested you post it to FA. This was because I thought it was nifty and others in the fandom should see it. I said, in a slightly more blunt and less wordy way, "Hey, why don't you post it where there's more furries, like FA, so more people can check it out, it's cool!"

I also took it and edited some of the lines, bolding them so you could see what I changed. The idea was I thought those lines sounded better with the flow of the song. I've listened to that song a billion times, so I know how it goes. Saying, for example, "Get Molested (like a boss!)" instead of "Get touched inappropriately (like a boss!)" which is too long and doesn't flow with the music of the song. I just took your line and kept the meaning but used fewer words to make it fit better with the flow.

Mind you these were suggestions you could use them or not.

Maybe you worked hours and hours on that song and maybe it offends you when I think up ideas that may be better, that you didn't think up yourself. Maybe you feel stupid when I come up and say "I think this line sounds better like this." My intent was not to make you feel dumb.

But then you bite my head off when I suggest those changes.

My response would be to say you need to grow a thicker skin and learn not to let every little suggestion and idea about your work offend you, if it's done in good faith and to be helpful or because someone appreciates your work. In the same vein maybe I need to be more careful when I suggest changes to something to let people know I'm not doing it to be mean, just to be helpful or improve on something.

Well whatever. I just will make sure in the future not to say anything about any of your work, so there's no more friction.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:07 pm
Psycho Lee
My response would be to say you need to grow a thicker skin

Straight back atcha.

Just think how things sound before you say/write them. Maybe you meant one thing, but it sounded like something else to me. Anyway, bickering about bullshit aside, truce?  

PolarShocK

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:12 pm
Sure. There's enough people around here that are getting hostile over jealousy and stuff.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff