Welcome to Gaia! ::

おはようございます!!! A Japanese Learning Guild~ Open!

Back to Guilds

This is a guild where you learn and teach Japanese! There's roleplays, lessons, contests and more!This is also for people who love japan ! 

Tags: Japanese, learning, teaching, roleplays 

Reply おはようございます!!! A Japanese Learning Guild~
Hi There Self Taught!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Billy_Joel1982

Interesting Vampire

6,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:53 pm
BB Rue Ryuzaki
I'm self taught, I learned through audio language tapes/CD's, but learned very little from them, the rest and most of what I've learned is from Japanese movies, anime, and music. Gakuto-sama FTW!

Maybe you can get it on Rosetta Stone and that might help I'm thinking about doing that ^^....Hey did you draw that comic pic....It's really good!!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:49 pm
Shaddow_Raven
BB Rue Ryuzaki
I'm self taught, I learned through audio language tapes/CD's, but learned very little from them, the rest and most of what I've learned is from Japanese movies, anime, and music. Gakuto-sama FTW!

Maybe you can get it on Rosetta Stone and that might help I'm thinking about doing that ^^....Hey did you draw that comic pic....It's really good!!

No, it comes from a doujinshii site I like. I wish I could draw like that, if I could, I would be a published American manga artist by now I would hope.
And well, whenever I can pay for something like that, I would like to do that. ^-^;  

BB Rue Ryuzaki
Crew

iFaiji

Rebel Entrepreneur

16,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:04 pm
im a self thought...i have a english-japanese dictionary  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:37 am
I'm self-taught and I use "My Japanese Coach" which is a game on the Nintendo DS designed to help you learn how to speak and write Japanese.  

Sailor Solarmoon

2,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

iiYumi-Chanx3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:41 am
I've taught myself from anime shows ;3
yet, i can sing it xD
But can not speak nor write in it T^T

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:29 pm
Never trust Rosseta Stone crap. My cousin has it. Doesn't help her with Japanese at all. I was taught in school. (I live in Kyoto, Japan. >:3)  

iByakuya-sama

Lelouchsz
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:40 pm
On My opinion Japanese Learner should try read book such as
Momotaro And Oni Island  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:15 pm
----------------------------------------------------

I'm self tuaght...i guess... in a way? sweatdrop
I learn the pronounciations from anime and
i can say it more accurately with the english
pronouciations from manga xD

----------------------------------------------------

Kunopegos

No Hero

Aiths

Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:51 am
エイミー says:
User Image

Yes, i'm self taught. I have been doing so for 9 months now, and seeing as i have other more important responsibilities (such as college and other personal things) progress is slow.
The method which i use is writing each individual hiragana symbol on brightly coloured post-it notes and stick them all around my bedroom. Its an effective way of learning the alphabet. It also works well with Kanji and Katakana.

I don't have any learning resources as i just pick up words/phrases everywhere and write them down, but one website which kick-started my learning was this website and it is really simple, easy and fun to use.

Write it down!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:43 pm
I am self-taught. I'm using japanesepod101.com. It's the best thing I've found so far.  

Sekushi-Hige

Invisible Browser

16,265 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Invisibility 100

Psychotic Scarlet

Fanatical Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:04 pm
i am self taught. i used the internet, chatting and pharse books. ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:20 pm
I went to www.japanesepod101.com when I first started learning Japanese, And I still go there now, It's great!  

Levi Antonia

Vigilia

Vigilia

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:02 pm
^-^
I use My Japanese Coach for Nintendo DS
Its fun to use
and i also learn a lot from Vocaloid music and the anime I watch.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:06 pm
i am self taught, from the internet, a little anime (even though quite a lot of Japanese in anime wouldnt be the best to use if you arent talking with people you know well, meaning its not formal) and i use My Japanese Coach for the DS. the Japanese coach is very helpful; i have learned all of the hiragana and katakana, and am in the process of learning the kanji, from it.  

Kisorami

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200

Toki Zensekai

3,500 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm a self learner myself. I lived in Japan for 2 years, so you certainly get some hands-on craziness there, but I've relied on a couple of things:

1. Dictionary of Basic (And Intermediate) Japanese Grammar by Seiichi Makino and Michio Tsutsui. These two books are immensely helpful for learning Japan's confusion language structure.

2. An electronic dictionary. Obvious enough for learning the vocab. I find Canon to be the best brand for Electronic JPN/ENG dictionaries.

3. JUST SPEAK THE LANGUAGE! Don't be afraid to make mistakes-- You learn from it! scream

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

おはようございます!!! A Japanese Learning Guild~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff