Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:23 pm
rofl Gaia....
Like a website is going to influence kids to smoke. You might as well take them out of all media if that was the case.
Somebody's going to give them one to choke on eventually whether they see our pixel dolls sporting them or not.

So what's next? Our guns? Our chainsaws? Our lingerie? Our FAQ hats? Our Rum? Can't be promoting sex, violence, alcoholism, and profanity now can we? It would be hypocritical to take away one bad influence and not the rest, right?

I actually hope this is a joke. If it isn't, the rising market value of cigs, drags, and kiserus is going to influence more people equip them. Look at what the simple threat of taking them away did. How many people normally have their cancer sticks equipped and how many now?

/rant xd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:56 am

It seems that they're not coming back gonk

Bye bye long drag...  

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

Kinnei

5,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Informer 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:54 am
Iehonatane

It seems that they're not coming back gonk

Bye bye long drag...

Consider the fact that it's the weekend. Probably nobody with any real clout is at the Gaia offices today. I say patience is the best course of conduct here. If the tobacco items are not back by Tuesday, then people can really start to have reason to complain.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:13 pm
I can't believe they went to far as to make them soul-bound. That's taking the joke a bit far if it is one =/

So... when do you think the tobacco elitists are going to start popping up? rofl  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kinnei

5,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Informer 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:29 pm
Karma v2
I can't believe they went to far as to make them soul-bound. That's taking the joke a bit far if it is one =/

So... when do you think the tobacco elitists are going to start popping up? rofl

Which makes me believe even more that the items will return to the Shops. I'm sure they were soul-bound to prevent the over-inflation of them. Otherwise people would be selling Cigs in the Market for 1 million Gold a piece.

And the Tobacco Elitists have already shown up. They popped up minutes after the "ban."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:07 pm
Kinnei
Karma v2

Which makes me believe even more that the items will return to the Shops. I'm sure they were soul-bound to prevent the over-inflation of them. Otherwise people would be selling Cigs in the Market for 1 million Gold a piece.

And the Tobacco Elitists have already shown up. They popped up minutes after the "ban."

Good point, I didn't even think of that. They anticipated an over-reaction and froze the items. Clever.

And that pretty frickin' funny. I want to be in the GCD explode tomorrow when they lift the ban xd Just to see how many scream threads there are.  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kinnei

5,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Informer 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:59 am
Karma v2
Kinnei
Karma v2

Good point, I didn't even think of that. They anticipated an over-reaction and froze the items. Clever.

And that pretty frickin' funny. I want to be in the GCD explode tomorrow when they lift the ban xd Just to see how many scream threads there are.

I'll be laughing my head off if there is an Announcement today saying, "Guess what Gaians??? Your tobacco products are back in the Shops. Geez...thanks for freaking out about a tribute to the Great American Smokeout." Or something along those lines. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:09 am
I find it hilarious that people who otherwise weren't using virtual tobacco immediately did so.  

Salmay
Captain

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:18 am
Salmay
I find it hilarious that people who otherwise weren't using virtual tobacco immediately did so.

It's a protest wink  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:09 am
My mule just got a Cig from her aquarium xd lol xd  

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:05 pm
Iehonatane
My mule just got a Cig from her aquarium xd lol xd

rofl
Her overseer substitute is a bad influence on her neutral
We can't buy it from the shops anymore so we'll just have to get it from the aquarium black market pirate

Edit: Still frozen, we'll see how long it lasts.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:05 pm
I really need a long drag to go with this outfit.

"My goodness, what a nice fur"
"Goodness had nothing to do with it!"  

Salmay
Captain

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:19 pm
Yes, the Breakfast at Tiffany's dress just isn't the same without the drag =/
Try hitting up your aquarium? xd  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:43 pm
Sigh. Cig just won't do. Must have the drag. crying  

Salmay
Captain

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:12 pm
Have you tried the magician wand? It kinda looks like a bigger version of the long drag. Might work... maybe?  
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff